Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo~Blue V3.x

wow capraia evo is a smash for us - been playing non stop since friday morning - cimpleted it with 1800pts today for the second time - what an awesome map it is.

best infantry fighting to date i think.

eggbeast...

do you have a independant version of Evo?

My RACS boys are ready for release and i want to get a couple missions set up.

hiya

I can do you a RACS version anytime you like, but it might have to be side WEST...

does it have to be side INDEPENDENT? I made a few red versions side EAST before and there's a lot to change in the myriad scripts.

However, the recent array format we implemented in the init.sqf and throughout the code make it much simpler t ochange the units and vehicles, so it probably would be a days work to make it side INDEPENDENT.

Do you have a mod I can work with?

And what particular islands did you have in mind?

We have versions for: Sahrani, Chernarus, Takistan, Duala, Panthera, Lingor, Fallujah, Capraia, and Marrom

Yes is has to be Independant. Thats how i set the whole mod up.

If you have an independant version i cna easily add the vehicle myself.

Stop by the TFL forums in my signature and have a look around.

yeah i did but didn't see any mod to download

What addons does this mission require server-side to run?

I have two computers that can host this game and play (listen server) but when either of them try to run the mission as a dedicated server it says in arma2oaserver.RPT:

Missing addons detected:

caweapons_ammoboxes

CAWheeled2_Kamaz

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.caweapons_ammoboxes, CAWheeled2_Kamaz

I'm running windows dedicated server version 1.57.76903 and client version 1.57.76815, both without any add-ons being loaded - plain vanilla installs here. They are both steam installs.

it needs COMBINED OPERATIONS: arma 2 and operation arrowhead

yeah it's in my sig file - assuming you have combined ops - you want evolution v31 (chernarus) and just set it to unlocked in the parameters menu

ah, sorry man, it's just too much aggro to remake the mission for OA only, A2 only and CO. so we just choose the lowest common denominator - CO.

I've got A2 atm lol just all the chernasus one i got which is v31 doesnt let me play it missing stuff or something :( how do you unlock them anyways?

Well if you really really badly need ArmA2 -only version of GITS Evolution, this might do the job: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20193278/GITS_XTRA_Evolution_v32_Chernarus_pbo_7z

The reason its called v32, is because i converted it from the v11 Takistan (for Combined Operations) and it has some small changes here and there.

If you don't edit the mission, you are stuck with welcome message from Battlegroup XTRA...

It has been running on our ArmA2 server for a month now, without any major show stopping bugs.

The included changelist inside the mission might not reflect all changes/fixes done during conversion. (I might have been slightly drunk when writing it)

Hey Eggbeast, question for you.

Few buddies and I have evo blue baf on our server, was wondering other then the parameters how can I lower the required rank points, or just not have rank?

I looked at the scripts in the data folder and see the rank list but have no idea on how to change anything here.

also I was wondering if it were possibly to have an option where you could spawn on a squad mate like in insurgency.

last question, how do i disable the panning camera after you get killed?

Thanks great mission otherwise.

I have the rank thing figured out.

How do i remove the panning camera once you get killed?

as the enemy has the habit of attacking the base, and when i get killed multiple times it be like 5 min before

I spawn in because im waiting for the dam camera to finish.

well if you're desperate edit the killed.sqf

but we take a more practica lapproach - always build "a circle of wagons" around your spawn point, then if the enemy is all over you, just get in say an M113 and have at em

Thanks I figured out that it was the killed scripted, i just removed the script and now we

respawn without the camera, same with the ranks.

I had an idea tonight at work I work a 3rd shift, so i have plenty of time to think.

Spawn on any player ingame something like insurgency

First idea is to have a feature where a player can spawn on a squad mate, or anyone ingame,

provided their is a spot for them.

Random generated city objectives only executed when a player joins the server each time

2nd Idea is I'm wondering if it were possible to make the mission have random cities you attack,

but only if there is no one on the server.

Heres how this would work:

I got this idea from the fact that when my buddy and I and another play we have only so much time

to play during weekdays, and the other problem is our gameserver we play the mission on cannot be setup

where the mission become persistant, so basically we have to start over if everyone leaves the server.

So my idea was something like insurgency where when you get on the map ingame, each time you restart

the mission the objectives for the cities you would attack move, basically become random,

so you dont end up attacking the same city everytime.

Basically the Objective moves to a new city or area, and I think this could be done based on the id

number of an area, or grid refernce. I mean as far as I understand there is an objective, and everything being

the enemies are generated around that correct, so would it work if we just moved the objective to a new city each time,

and every objective that would be like say the next objective would follow suite.

Your thoughts Eggbeast, I'm sure you would know what would work and what wouldn't, but I enjoy the mission alot,

have been playing evolution since the Arma days and its only got better.

Thanks for your work.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

THIS is what happens to teamkilling noobs lol

DE2.jpg

lol at the enemy officer charging round the corner with a makarov... sound of pant-crapping as i pull this out of its custom knee-length holster "that's not a gun... now this my friend... "

followed by this...

AFO4qJrOufM

that thing seriously needs a RIS tactical handle

:getsome:

Released: Evolution Isla Capraia with added mods

+ spy class

+ all Robert Hammers beautiful weapons (over 200 in mission)

+ 4 types of apache, hind, wildcat and cobra all have custom weapon loadouts, thermal camera in pilot seat, eye tracking missiles (thanks to GDT)

+ enemies speak in arabic - using RUG_DSAI

mission thread here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1921214&postcount=13

contains mod list and links for easy use

pickle just made us an awesome vid fortheintro to evolution fallujah - check it out guys

rFtXQefmmuY