Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo~Blue V3.x

GITSEvolutionDualav7.isladuala cant be the an un modded version as when i tried to look

at in the mp editor it gave me that cannot play or edit the mission missing molition army ect.,

I have the island and Arma2, but both missions are modded.

you have the island but have you the latest duala island, with the helicopters, molatian army and afrenian army troops etc - they come in the pack from icebreaker in later editions.

I haven't added any mods except stock DUALA ones.

you have the island but have you the latest duala island, with the helicopters, molatian army and afrenian army troops etc - they come in the pack from icebreaker in later editions.

I haven't added any mods except stock DUALA ones.

Latest island? he updated it, didn't know islands come with units, and mods now, maybe for that island, guess I will go see.

Quick Question ..... Does Evo have Revive? If so, in what fashion. It has been ages since I last played it.

yeah it has revive or not depending on your server parameters you set at startup

eggbeast:

Just noticed the new v31 Chernarus build up on your distro but no announcement (that I can find) and no release notes. What's new?

ah yeah, I'm making an ultimate version - lots of little fixes.

now--

- all the side missions work even if you die on them

- integrated array handling for units, vehicles, ammo, weapons, etc to enable flexible changing of units and maps across the whole rangeof islands out there etc (a lot of work, but will now enable us to port the mission easily to many spheres/ factions)

- mounting a spawned item (mortar/ladder/cannon etc) while still holding it doesn't make you fly off into the stratosphere

- no more displayvendor blah blah errors

- if you download the latest balzesweapons you can use the 5 and 6 round GL ammo packs for the M79, Mk13, M32, etc (so you can use both pistol and rifle ammo slots - this is enabled in the ammo crates if GITS mod set to ON in the parameters)

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/@BlazesWeapons.zip

- petrol stations now fix vehicles (they would have a tool box wouldn't they?)

- ammo crate revamp to include all the OA weapons and better ranking up options

- some OA vehicles included

- mortar barrage added to the support options

- team transfer overhauled - works better now

- Massive air battle added to the assignments - 12 planes to fight - best to call it once you are all up in the air in F35's

- enemy reinforcements time fixed - works well now - good balanced gameplay

- many default parameters reconfigured

- almost integrated artillery computer, logistics and AC130 (including artillery/ rocket and mortar units at base)

- HALO now has altimeter again (OA killed it)

- added backpack pile/menu - but will not work with non OA units

working on

- script to enable score sharing for laser target spotter

- flip vehicle script

- fully integrated artillery/ hitch and logistics

that's all i can think of off the top of my head. once the mission is totally bug-free (and it nearly is), we will release 21 versions:

takistan - BAF / US / taki

chernarus - US / PMC / russian

sahrani - US / BAF / russian

lingor - US / lingor troops / VC

lowlands - UNS US / VC

duala - AFR / MOL / BAF

panthera - US / Rus / spetz (or possibly german bundeswehr)

current mission (not final, but almost) is here:

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/GITSEvolutionV31.Chernarus.pbo

Looks super - thanks.

I'm still hoping that the squad table from A1 Evo that allows dropping individual squad members will reappear. ;)

Tried HALO but everytime i drop down to Earth without any flying animations. No parachute, no action menu entry saying 'unfold chute'. :P

Funny though, i can spawn things like bunkers / sandbags in midair. Which totally breaks it for the next guy using HALO, cause you'll hit the bunker llol.

It could be exploited to break HALO for other players.

I'm still hoping that the squad table from A1 Evo that allows dropping individual squad members will reappear. ;)

I've dug that table out and looked at it a lot, but can't yet work out how to implement it.

Tried HALO but everytime i drop down to Earth without any flying animations. No parachute, no action menu entry saying 'unfold chute'. :P Funny though, i can spawn things like bunkers / sandbags in midair. Which totally breaks it for the next guy using HALO, cause you'll hit the bunker llol. It could be exploited to break HALO for other players.

Not sure why you have this problem - assume you're using this mission?

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/GITSEvolutionV31.Chernarus.pbo

Will there ever be a version which is just for OA without addons or Combined Operations?

It's on my list (at about number 21) so I don't mind if someone edits it down. the new version has some sweet array functionality (in init.sqf) that enables an easier conversion to e.g. OA only.

Okay :) Is there any OA version that just requires some addons? I dont have Arma 2 so as long as its possible to do OA with addons i'd be fine. Which version is best for that?

tha takistan versions would be best. i think someone made an OA only version but it wasbefore we implemented the unit array functionality, so a lot of the code will be bugged.

arm2 is only £8... otherwise you'll have to wait for this from us sorry mate.

a while back Toxim had a go at it

Hey,

I converted the GITSEvolutionTakistanUSv8.Takistan to use only OA content.

But i would suggest additional testing to make sure that everything works....

Hopefully i removed all unnecessary code i was experimenting with.

The AC130 script might need some editing, it was alerting at the start of mission that you need ArmA2 to run it, i did not do anything to it yet.

Also theres a lot of A10's since i just replaced the ArmA2 -vanilla planes with them.

So the mission might some adjusting.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0eee7d

but the link is now dead... maybe PM him in case he has a version

Edited by eggbeast

Bought myself Arma 2 now. Your evolution worked flawless :)

Thanks!

Any chance for an Invasion 44 version? :yay:

yeah best plan - there's so much good stuff in arma 2, and all the good mappers will not make OA only i reckon...

Hi all,

I have just brought arma2 and arrowhead off steam sales and am extremely exctied about this game, I have currently really only played mountain warfare mission n arrowhead with my broter in co-op and i love the choppers just wish i could get an a10.

Eggbeast i want to say that everything i have read about this mission/s sounds absolutely astounding. I have a few questions though :)...............

I have read fairly extensively throught his massive thread and i am a total newbie when it comes to arma2(i had limited exposure to armed assault with evo blue)

Q1. Without any modification other han installing the mission into the mpmisions file will i be able to run and play this astounding array of combat awesomess?? or do i have to try and run a dozen different mods?

Q2. Is it easy for me(no editing of pbo etc) to play this in a non-ranked version? Im sorry i ask this i am just a real noob that doesnt want to get to heavily into the modding of this amazing game.

Q3. What sort of specs would i want for a dedi server for say 6ppl?

Q4. Is the new server option in game easy to make it so that the enemy air assaults wont kill me every five mintues

Q4. how many hours have you(and others) poured into this amazing mission setup??

Thankyou for your time and effort i am sure that i am going to love it, but i just need it to be relativley straight forward, from what im reading though you are miles ahead of most in this community in making things easier for everyone involved. Thanks in advance.

hey dude

welcome aboard. arma is a step change in gaming.

first try the evolution v31 for un-modded version.

not sure about specs for dedi.

explore the paramters tab which appears when you start the mission and are about to choose your character you can unlock stuff there etc

if you're new to game, click T/options and turn the grass (terrain detail) off so you can get a feel for the game before the AI kills you.

and lastly - look into how to make the enemy precision lower (covered well on the forum and in my threads on this (search evo and precisionenemy)

good luck

Thanks Egg Beast,

I'll see how I fair. Appreciate the help with any luck it will be a blast.

Congrats on a great mission

Are there mirrors for the GITS evolution missions anywhere? I've been trying all week to download them but the server they're hosted on drops the connection before the downloads are complete.

Are there mirrors for the GITS evolution missions anywhere? I've been trying all week to download them but the server they're hosted on drops the connection before the downloads are complete.

Try this

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/

I've been running a GITS Evo server (Chernarus and Sahrani) for a little while now through the last few versions. I was happy to see the new v31 version of Chernarus and the changes it brought, but the mission refuses to load.

The server is running the CBA mod, but that's not the issue. A check of the RPT log showed this:

Version 1.08.74450

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 Missing addons detected:

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 catracked_e_m113

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 cawheeled_e_suv

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 CATracked_E_M2A2_Bradley

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 CAAir_BAF

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 caair_baf_ch_47f

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 CATracked_W_BAF

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 CAWheeled_E_ATV

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 cawheeled_w_baf

2011/01/02, 14:08:41 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.catracked_e_m113, cawheeled_e_suv, CATracked_E_M2A2_Bradley, CAAir_BAF, caair_baf_ch_47f, CATracked_W_BAF, CAWheeled_E_ATV, cawheeled_w_baf

The server, and all of the players, run vanilla ArmA2 (v1.08), and none of the previous GITS Evo missions have had this issue before. Seeing the "BAF" in there a few times, I imagine this is indeed tied to OA and/or DLC. Is there any way we could get this running without spending money? As this mission is being touted as the "modless" version, I should hope that that would mean continued compatibility with vanilla ArmA2.

P.S. I did check the mod list to see if any of these were on there, and my scanning was inconclusive, but I don't believe they are.

EDIT: I see the last version, v30, is part of the OA pack. Is GITS Evo for standard ArmA2 just going to be left at v29, then? Because all of the changes since fix the only annoyances my group has with v29... Would be nice if you could roll those changes back into the standard ArmA2 mission as well.

Edited by Dyram

hi guys

apologies - I'll knock out an A2 version of v31 ok

just waiting on a new harddrive to make the rollouts i was planning (all 21 missions with all the new fixes)

our download server should be working ok? works for me