Su33

Vehicles:

Vilas vehicles (Bradley, paladin, M113)

UKSF landrovers

UK wmiks

dune-buggies

etc

just for a laugh to see what they're all like

edit: it was amazing racing across the dunes with the wmiks and landrovers and dune buggies - being chased by 3 frogfoots and 4 hinds lol

the F4 is awesome - taking off from the carrier and climbing to 3000m in about 10 secs...

the F16 is also great fun dogfighting the su34's etc

I need to run a few fiixes then ill post up a link for it and the required mods...

Edited by eggbeast

ok krem I've had a crack at MMA - thanks for allowing me to see it in beta - it's amazing and will work very well for a lot of missions where you don't normally have or want a lot of aircraft etc flown by people. However I don't think it's that useful for something working on such a large scale that evolution does.

In evo, if you want an airstrike, you call in one of your buddies with a range of weapons, rather than a drone with only limited firepower and limited controllability...

I think the mod is awesome btw, just amazing. however I can't see it being anything but a distraction from the main teamnplay game, unless perhaps tweaking it right down to only allow certain functions and then replacing a lot of my scripted support with these much nicer support options (e.g. a chopper flies in with your requested gun instead of you seeing it parachuting from nowhere)

so i suppose i'm sayingthat with a lot of hard work to integrate it, we could enable a more polished support system, but at what cost? it's actually a puzzling interface and it crashed my server (the screen just froze and i had to switch pc off at the wall) so will it be worth it? i guess, but there's a lot bigger fish to fry like making a sahrani red etc so (like ACE) i think i'll leave it alone for a while and concentrate on the mission dynamics...

happy to help you integrate it though, come on TS and chat about it sometime

The beauty of mandobles scripts is that you can pick or choose any of them and have them as single options or accessed through the console.

Did the crash happen with the version that I gave you? We will talk more, as I am thoroughly enjoying Evolution with MMA +R3F Arty and Logistics.

Cheers

Kremator

the crash happened when watching a plane coming in to do a reconnaissance

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

NEW VERSIONS

minor tweaks of

Chernarus

Sahrani

Cherno Red

Major tweaks of

Duala

Duala modded

Panthera modded

plus new easy to use mod list for the modded maps

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/GITSEvoMissionpack.zip

Hey eggbeast!

I just had to say i love your version of evo! :yay:

But could you make a version of your mission without the tomahawks or limit their use? Right now some people seem to spam them so much that they slow the game down. Same thing with the other support options.

Also, any timeline on enabling the reviving? Atm most of the people are going rambo, die, and repeat the process...

And could you do something about the air radar at base? Maybe move its location? I think some pilots keep hitting it and knock it over or something, most of the time i have seen it laying on the ground sideways.... :)

ok when you start the server set the difficulty on normal and then in the parameters turn the enemy unit count down to minimum/easy and it reduces the frequency of enemy air units. then once in a while come into the server as a pilot (or play unlocked mode) and take a F35. service it before take off and it gets 8 sidewinders. go hunting and clear the airspace. then you can play for a good hour without being mashed.

I cant find the option for unit count :( there is enemy strength.. if thats what you mean?

Loving the game, though get smashed by helos.

Only other thing, When playing with minimal players I regularly get the AI to drive units to locations for me to use.. with the current layout they cant get the vehicles out properly, or the planes out of the hangars.. the only other thing is when they do take a plane they wont move past the osspresys that are parked off to the side :(

I only discovered this while planning to get the AI to fly air cover to kill off the respawning choppers.. every 5 mins or so 6 of them come and rip me to shreds.

*edit* also, what is the song sample at the beginning???? Im racking my brain to think of it :D

Edited by jmac

Hey eggbeast. Would it be possible to release a vanilla panthera version?

Cheers mate. Will get to play with the GITS guys but my mic is still causing problems.

Kremator

hi all thanks for feedback

dunno how your bank holiday weekend went but we played a 6 person team assaulting panthera modded on hardcore in the dark last night.

we had:

1 F16 (uparmed with 20 AA missiles) flying aircover

1 apache flying CAS

1 guy sitting in an M6 linebacker for additional anti-air cover and for supprerssion with HE cannon.

3 guys on foot with silenced SCAR acogs

With this number of troops we had it down to a nice rhythm - had control of the ROZ and kickedtheir butts proper.

ok on your points:

a) The radar tower often gets knocked over by enemy air fire more than anything. I want to keep it as it's a good landmark. I'll set it to revive after 10 mins.

b) re AI fliers - if you manage to get AI's to take off and land you're doing very well! I'll cull some ospreys from the end of the line, but without reducing the number of units you're goingto have to try to get them out of the hangars yourself. hang in there and the mma version in the pipline from kremator might provide you with your answer in due course.

c) the tomahawks are going to be removed in all versions (they are out in many already) as some bug means people accidentally make hundreds of them... mma may see them come back but only under the control of 1 player.

d) vanilla panthera - will do. doing a brit sahrani today with added russian units preparing for turning the map around and doing a modded red sahrani

e) re enemy air units. I agree they are a PITA. When I put them in the game I used this logic:

set parameter in description:

class Difficulty
     {
     //paramsArray[9]
	title = "Enemy strength";
	values[] = {1,2,3,4};
	texts[] = {"Minimum", "Normal", "Hard", "Extreme"};
	default = 2;
};   

in description.ext take this and turn it into public variable "diffparam"

diffparam = paramsArray select 9;

//set Air units respawn frequency for use with type of unit - multiplied by difficulty factor
BIS_EVO_airspawnfreqa = 90; //longest sleep = easier
BIS_EVO_airspawnfreqb = 75;
BIS_EVO_airspawnfreqa = 60;// shortest sleep = harder

and then in each make(airunit).sqf run in the mission it uses the following

//RESPAWN DELAY - half at start and half at end of function
//a=60,b=45,c=30 respawn frequency for type multiplied by a factor based on diffparam = difficulty values {1,2,3,4} {"Minimum", "Normal", "Hard", "Extreme"}
_rv=BIS_EVO_airspawnfreqb;
_rf = 0.5*((_rv*10)+(4*(600/diffparam))+random 150);
// varies from 1575 jets in easy to 450 hinds in extreme
sleep _rf;

I use BIS_EVO_airspawnfreqa,b,c to create a separate variable for the type of unit, so jets get a longer respawn factor than hips or hinds.

HOWEVER

I don't think the values of diffparam are being carried through to the makesu or makeka scripts etc. so I think they return a zero, meaning each air unit gets a (+ random 150) respawn counter only!!

can anyone help me debug this? how do I get it to take the parameter set in the init and apply it in the sqf?

or should i use wait instead of sleep?

When I do this with checking if the vehicle is ranklocked, it works fine...??

Edited by eggbeast

I just limit what you make spawn in the air. Is it really necessary to spawn 6 different patrolling heli's and planes?

Great mission by the way and I hope you keep the tomahawks 'cause they are a lifesaver when things get tight.

One suggestion I have is to increase the amount of towns you have to take. There is another take on evolution by EAW (elite arma Warriors) where they have you take like 40 towns. Have you thought of increasing the town number and is it easy to do?

thanks for all your hard work and keep it up!

it's not too hard to increase the cities.

i have been toying with the reinforcement/ fillinf and air spawn scripts to modify and tweak the unit counts (infantry, static and mechanised), the planes and helis and the reinforcements (trucks and paras)...

I've just fixed the planes and its so nice and peaceful now, so now I gotta get the unit counts back up to a reasonable level... EDIT: this is also done

Edited by eggbeast

i should add - @Toxim

I've never seen revive working fully, so not sure what to do with it to make it work... will look into it at some point

heey eggbeast anything you can do about cheating in the mission file itself? We have had a lot of problems with hack on out nomod / battleeye server. Maybe you can give some advice ;)

cheating in the mission file?

What's happening?

Hey, thanks for your replies.

Here's more feedback :D :

Would it be possible to add some sort of extra script against teamkillers in base?

Like make them loose all/some of their weapons & ammo, if even one teamkill in the base

(that would not be too harsh for accidental kills when enemies in base),

and/or make them die as well when killing more?

I noticed there is already some sort of jail.sqf script in the mission,

based on negative score, but so far i have not seen it in action.

Either the negative score limit is too big, or they first get some points before going killing spree... :scratchchin:

It can sometimes be quite annoying when no admins present and some people don't vote for reasons unknown. :)

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Suggestions:

•Search on Google:

yeah i took the jail script out cos it was always annoying when you crashed a chopper and got jailed.

I left the script in so it could be reinstated if needed, but thinking about it, I could make it a server start menu parameter option, defaulted ON

we don't have any issues with teamkillers tbh as we are all admins on our server...

Hahah, so it reacts to those cases as well?

So there is no way to limit the jailing script only inside the base?

Thats where the teamkills(those that happen on purpose) are usually limited anyway.

That would also leave out most of the crash jailings as well, only jailing the not-so-qualified pilots... :D

But if it is just score -based i guess it is impossible then...

ok I've overhauled the following missions to add in a new toggle at server startup for:

a) Enabling up to 8 AI helpers, either on a ranked or unlocked basis. Unlocked means you can call in all 8 from mission start. Ranked means you get 1 with each rank. Locked means no AI's can be called.

b) Teamkiller punishment - Enabled causes anyone with less than -5 points to be jailed for 60 seconds. This means that you can crach one helicopter but no more without generating some positive scores! Disabled - it does nothing to negatoive scorers.

Also fixed the following:

c) Removed the buggy tomahawk

d) reduced the overkill air units and spetsnaz assaults

e) fixed the unit counts in cities as they weretoo few in recent releases

f) individual missions have had loads of little fixes

The following missions are included with this update:

DUALA

GITSEvolutionDualav5.isladuala.pbo

GITSEvolutionDuala_modv4.isladuala.pbo

CHERNARUS

GITSEvolutionV26.Chernarus.pbo

GITSEvolutionRedV3.Chernarus.pbo

SAHRANI

GITSEvolutionSahraniv4.Sara.pbo

GITSEvolutionSahrani_britv3.Sara.pbo

PANTHERA

GITSEvolutionPanthera_v2.Panthera2.pbo

GITSEvolutionPanthera_modv4.Panthera2.pbo

you have 5 unmodded versions and 3 modded versions.

For linkls to islands and mods, see modlist doc in the zip file.

Mission briefing pdf in the zip file

I'll be reviewing the last series of bugs now...

Namely:

Tasklist update:

1. enemy AI who submit can't be captured as the capture dialog doesn't work on them (only on the officer) - looked in objoff, sorew, submit and capture but think its more fundamental

2. T menu is lost after HALO - I had this working with the fix, but it's failed again somehow. It exists in the parajump, pinit, spawn and core scripts...

3. chemical strike effects (and making nuke ones server-side)

4. Squad joining list is still malfunctioning such that many new players have to be team leader - need to fundamentally rethink the update playerlist scripting - edited core.sqf BIS_EVO_Listupdate to add in engineer, spotter etc to soldier list so now it includes all possible public players in the array

5. Minor - AC130 with sidearm cannon does not respawn - set to 300 points to pilot

6. Red AA markers don't show up on map over cities with live AA

7. Enable Revive (based on Razors)

8. Interactive Briefing map/markers

9. Reinforcements fail at a certain city - need to work out which one and why it happens (e.g. reinforcement algorithm inputs) (krasno ok)

10. Disbanding AI from squad

11. AI list for recruitment needs work

12. Make Sahrani Red Reloaded

13. "Displayvendor does not support serialisation" error in T menu

14. How to manage dying during a side-mission

enjoy! and feedback!

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/GITSEvoMissionpack.zip

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:23 PM ----------

I've PM'd Kiljoy to see if he will consent to releasing this on armaholic

Edited by eggbeast

damn our host is totally down for a day... link will be working later

meanwhile I have fixed the HALO/ T menu bug at long last

Edited by eggbeast

ok link is up again - go get em...

working hALO now so you can leave FARP teleport off for more realism!

FIXED last enemy troops in the city who surrender can now be captured for 3 points each

nice 1 blaze. i'll take a look and see what bugs need fixing... bout time we ACE'd this... GJ

Hey, could you add a cooldown to the T -menu support -options?

And would it be possible to set the extra plane gbu's and certain missiles amount as a changeable parameter in the start of the mission?

Some pilots get a bit trigger happy at times and level the towns complitely and thus ground troops have nothing to shoot at.

(as in: Default loadout, Normal, High)

Propably the cooldown should also be as a changeable parameter...

Edited by Toxim