Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

No problem AnimalMother. I added on the front page the 'official' demo mission for my units, kindly donated by W0lle. Check it out!

aaaaaweeeesooomeeeee. Great job there, Binkowski!

Now excuse me, I'll go have hours of fun in the editor with your units :bigsmile:

Thank you for this Great Units again :-)

Since ArmA2 was released i waited for your Units and now they are back 8-)

Binkowski very nice job :cool:

The textures are a bit... weird. As if somone (ab)used the sharpen filter in Photoshop.

No big thing but something you can clearly see if you are close to them.

Yea i see that too , much sharpened :p

The units kinda looked bluish from afar. Is it my perhaps my monitor or I'm getting colour blind :p

Either way no problems so far... good job

Finally the good ol units I used to use all the time in arma 1. One question though, will future versions have the new arma 2 face model so they can blink, mouth moves and have the famous mouth open eyes closed death face? since the original arma 1 faces are stiff and can't even blink now.

Or will you need more MLODs and such for the new faces.

Finally the good ol units I used to use all the time in arma 1. One question though, will future versions have the new arma 2 face model so they can blink, mouth moves and have the famous mouth open eyes closed death face? since the original arma 1 faces are stiff and can't even blink now.

I belive it is possible to copy the Heads and Hands to these Units from the BI Character Example Model to have this feature.

MLOD's are out, just didn't have time to replace every head on every unit. Will do that in future updates.

Rifleman 2 has a yellow glove partially visible inside his right hand.

arma22009083114545124.th.jpg

edit:

Also, could you please place your units under BLUFOR - US Army - Men '09 for the next release and add a group (F2) with them, too? :)

Edited by Cole

Binkowski, if you look on the last pic you posted there's a little white edging to the characters.

Binkowski, if you look on the last pic you posted there's a little white edging to the characters.

The white edging is part of the game AFAIK, Binkowski isnt the only one to get it, try it with the marines and see what happens (have smoke or some such in the background).

Nice work on these! Will DL later (if my internet will let me lol), have you tried to get the new heads on? I had a quick look and it seems to be alot more than the simple copy/paste i was hoping for :)

Oh and if you want help with getting your guys under US Army just PM me.

Damn! beautiful units u made there. :)

are u going to make a replacement addon for standard Marpat units?

Sweet video Alpha, thanks for posting that Cole. I'll fix that as soon as I can and get it out to you guys with the replacement pack and getting them under US Army, as well as adding groups. I've got my work cut out for me in this next patch :D.

lol yepp.Atleast playing sometimes in 3hird person would make some sense..nvm great Units!

:) playing wasnt purpose for video but found my self recording, the guys of army are nice i like them especialy when play with desert humvees, if possible will post another video for that

Edited by Alpha9

Check the front page for the newest version of my units!

Edited by Binkowski
New patch!

US Army 2009 Units (v.1.1) (FileFront)

Excuse me, to anyone who downloaded what I had posted earlier, I uploaded the wrong file, stupid me! Here is the new update V1.1 link is also on the front page, mirrors appreciated!

Excuse me, to anyone who downloaded what I had posted earlier, I uploaded the wrong file, stupid me!
I thought there was something wrong when it saved as v1.0, thanks for the uploads! :)