1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Don't worry, I didn't mean OFPCWC. :)

btw. I like this name -> OFP:DR

Because of the smiley! :) It fits perfectly in there! :yay:

Reaction #2: Why that doesn't surprise me? Somehow I expected that from CM. Why they should allow their customers to create their own content when they can sell them some via DLC.

Or the guy on the OFP DR forums who said that BIS was trying to undermine OFPDR by purposefully putting new features in OA that arent in OFPDR.

I shit you not...

EDIT: Maybe the DLC was in reference to consoles only? But it isn't helped by this vague statement.

Edited by echo1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh man, somebody needs to find that post.

Don't worry, I didn't mean OFPCWC. :)

btw. I like this name -> OFP:DR

Because of the smiley! :) It fits perfectly in there! :yay:

I'm overreacting because i got big red pimples everywhere on my body when i think about this :party: game and its name...

Here you go.

Maybe I'm misreading it because it's so badly written, but after reading through it about three times, that's the only interpretation of what's he trying to say that I can figure out.

Usually I don't approve of taking the piss out of specific people on the DR forums, but considering the amount of people that this guy has labeled douchebags for no good reason, he's earned it.

Okay, reset the Poll and reopened it. :)

Okay, reset the Poll and reopened it. :)

Doesn't work I'm afraid, says I already voted :(

Voters: 0. You have already voted on this poll

Here you go.

Maybe I'm misreading it because it's so badly written, but after reading through it about three times, that's the only interpretation of what's he trying to say that I can figure out.

Usually I don't approve of taking the piss out of specific people on the DR forums, but considering the amount of people that this guy has labeled douchebags for no good reason, he's earned it.

He's some kind of mod or something?

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHA. I mean, that's just sad.

Okay see if the poll works now. Unfortunately it seems there is no option to reset it completely so people already voted can vote again.

If the problem persists the only option would be a new thread with a new poll.

Poll only - no discussion allowed here.

For DR discussion please use this thread.

Okay see if the poll works now. Unfortunately it seems there is no option to reset it completely so people already voted can vote again.

If the problem persists the only option would be a new thread with a new poll.

Still cannot vote.

Would it be possible to create a new poll, then merge everything from this one into it?

Sigh... ok new DR poll is here.

@Deadfast

I tried that by creating a new thread and poll and then merging the old one with the new one. The result was that my new poll was overwritten with the fubar'd old one. :mad:

Edited by W0lle

I will still decide based on the demo. I also had loads of fun with CoD1 years ago. (I think i already posted this months ago, seems like most of our predictions came true. :p )

Edited by NeMeSiS

Yeah, it may be a fun FPS experience, but Im not expecting the sort of depth and replay value that I'd get with OFP/ArmA.

Is there some way of deleting the above poll?

Edited by echo1

I can't believe that post...

Well, actually I can. I've met and talked to that guy before. He's the leader of the infamous "OFP2 Heroes" group. Basically, they're a bunch of "pretend moderators" trying to "help the OFP2 community".

Yeah, it's that bad...

Interesting the thinks he claims that no one points out ArmA II's flaws. I guess he hasn't seen the big-ass Troubleshooting and Suggestions sections on these forums.

Here you go.

This guy is fantastic.

the Army in Iraq shooting "Terros" with air flying overhead like the big boys on the field

So? US soldiers shooting Chinese soldiers is awesome but US soldiers shooting "Terrors" with air flying overhead sucks? What?

No one really talks from what I see about the flaws of ARMA2, like we do here with OFP2.

Sure, look at our Troubleshooting thread, it's totally not filled with complaints about flaws.

I know some do, untill fanboy #1 crushes him

Someone pointed out on OFPDR forums MARPAT uniforms look wrong, the immediate response was "NO U, CM WAS WORKING WITH DA REAL MARINES SO THEY KNOW".

You are however giving away money to expand a game, and further development to developers who are spending more time making content to sell

OFPDR DLCs however will be free ... right?

Just saw the poll about buying OFP: DR.

I'll be sure to buy it as soon as it comes out for the Wii.... :D

After reading several posts, and remembering comments made a short while ago, I'm thinking that the DLC they are speaking of indeed is for the console. Makes sense, especially if Viper (who has an NDA signed) has not yet removed his 'ofp:dr mod team' logo.

I'm sure much of the latest infos are not what you would call encouraging, so if it gets heated over there I'd understand. I remember my sense of loss when Arma 2 was stated to not have FLIR and the tank system was the same. (now possibly being remedied!! :bannana: *ahem*)

Look out Maddog, Sir Polaris is your corporate antithesis! Cm's fanboy #1

Hey W0lle, did you try merging the NEW thread to the OLD thread? (flipside of what you stated) lol. Most apps I'm aware of overwrite the first object with the altering aspects of the following objects.

**Edit: Sorry just saw the post about no discussion**

Edited by Scrub

FYI: The poll issue is all fixed now. ;)

BIS looks like once again is using cheap tactics to try to undercut the release of OFP2. It is childish and quite the douchebag move. While promoting a community culture supportive to there mentality. The point of this post was to bring awareness and to note - we are really not doing so bad when you compare to other forums in our comparative market.

Just because one BIS member posted it, he does not represent Bohemia interactive

as a whole.

That guy is the biggest fool

But the good thing is, even in the DR Forums they don't back his story.

I still don't understand the hostility people, do we want another ArmA splitting the already small milsim playerbase and even our own attentions/communities? Isn't this the best we might have hoped for; an accessible introduction that will expose more people to the genre? The name "Operation Flashpoint" was lost a long time ago, no point in staying bent out of shape about it.

Even with poll reset I put play the DEMO first before deciding

Even with all the watered down news about this game coming out and even with the signs of it sucking up pretty bad on both console and PC...what is there to lose with playing the DEMO just to see how it is?

I don't see why you wouldn't vote to at least play the demo before deciding on the game. If you tear it down even after the demo comes without even having tried it you are, at best, ignorant and close minded. Get 1st hand experience for yourself and make up your own mind when the demo is out.

I'm not seeing good things at all for OFPDR so my only hope now is Arrowhead. Alas, there is still no harm trying out the OFPDR demo...why not!?