FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Yeh, I thought the same, it would piss me off a bit if someone did that here. But its kinda different when someone does it over there, its Codies, its kindof a David and Goliath type thing - stickin it to the big guys an all that...

Oh. Well it's not something to complain about, I wasn't wanting it that bad.

By the way, is it going to take 3 people to operate lets say a tank like they said it would in OFP2 (if that hadn't been cut)?

Though you do have to admit they keep the dynamic and reactivity of a small company, BIS/BIA are very quickly becoming 'not small'. ;)

Very unsurprising. I bet ArmA II will already have dominated the market by then. DR will have to pull out all the stops to beat it I think. And so far, it doesn't look like it's anywhere near "pulling out all the stops".

i can not, for the love of god, understand why ppl are competeing as if these are basketball teams.

we all like realistic shooters. both games will be pretty realistic, even if one will be more than the other, they will both have large scale combats, even though one will have bigger than the other, they will both make us happy, though one will do that better than the other.

in other words - i, for once, will get the games that i like. if both are awesome i will get both.

some actually hope that "their" game will come off as better than the other cuz they feel like they are a part of the creative team. BS.

i hope both are great so i will have TWO great titles instead of one.

OFP2's new trailer looks good:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/901428/operation-flashpoint-2/videos/OFP2_ego_Tech_021908.html

even thogh its a PR trailer and not something i can judge the game by, but CM has about 5 more months to work on it and there's plenty of apportunities to see how that game is moving along.

arma2 comes in a month, im excited and even if it's the best milsim ever, if OFP2 will be good as well, even if for different reasons, than i will get it too.

good times. go 2009!!

If you wait on the forum long enough, every single act; from the most herculean effort, the most logistically complex; to the simplest will be said to be 'easy' by someone.

Well, theres always the easy setting, in DCS too. I think complexity of some the vehicles and weapons in Armed Assault could easily be done in a more real way, without scaring the arcade crowd away at all.

I lol'd. :D

New trailer too: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/901428/operation-flashpoint-2/videos/operationflash_trl_groundbattle_50509.html Don't know if this has been posted but I just seen it...

Doesn't look like anything special, but better than the other trailers.

I lol'd. :D

New trailer too: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/901428/operation-flashpoint-2/videos/operationflash_trl_groundbattle_50509.html Don't know if this has been posted but I just seen it...

Doesn't look like anything special, but better than the other trailers.

those images look like its a 5 year old game. I'm not impressed. The soldier animations look strange.

That's actually not bad.

Having said that, the best trailer CM have released of DR so far is the Xbox 360 trailer. What's that tell you about CM sticking with the original OFP's roots? ;)

That's actually not bad.

Having said that, the best trailer CM have released of DR so far is the Xbox 360 trailer.

Yeah, what he said.

Although it's still not as good as the arma one, that is the only one but its good, long, and shows plenty of content such as first person gameplay.

That trailer is rubbish because it looks like an 6 years old game.

If you watch ArmA II you can see, how good graphics and good gameplay do fit together

in my opinion what matters is the feeling when we play and see the 1st person, the rest is publicity and crap. The more important thing they don't show.

6 new screenshot which looks a little bit better than the old ones but it’s still far away from the same quality as ArmA2.

The new video is also available in 720p.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7779_en.html

Edited by Bush

Well if that video is the console version, then it's not too bad.

They still haven't done anything about the cartoonish textures though. Overdone bloom still there. Typical features of Codemasters developed games.

Animations look odd.

Artillery explosions look kinda cool though.

They really have shader problems. The edges look so choppy. Is it just me or they didn't develop anti aliasing? If they still didn't, that'll be some hell of a laugh.

edit: this is probably the worst "in-game" screenshot I have ever seen. Either admit that what you see on it is fake, or just admit there's nothing of quality to see on it. Or something that represents the gameplay.

Edited by Litos

Yeah but they are old now because I posted the same link 30 minutes ago. ;)

Opps, sorry didnt notice that post just above mine. :D

Gnat;1280411']LOL Yeh' date=' thats definitely at the other end of the scale ..... 5 minutes and 50 switches later you can have and engine running, another 10 to take off.

Not that thats a bad thing, its just "one way".

I like the Flight Simulator series, but such complexity has no place in an "everything" simulator like OFP-ArmA1-ArmA2 (or OFP2).

I think the instruments etc and flight model in ArmA are quite good, for this type of gaming. Thankfully it isn't full on arcade'ish.

Proper analog Joystick controls would help a lot but.[/quote']

Yaknow I just realised I posted in a DR's topic thinking I was posting in ArmaII's. *facepalm* really should stop posting early in the morning.

Though..given the realism they tote I would hope I'm right anyway..and aircraft MFD's and other instruments such as horizon are not just a static picture...That said CM took the "real is rown" a bit too seriously..hope its just a filter on the trailer.

Edited by NodUnit

not that bad, the destruction stuff for the vehicles is good, I like to see the vehicle parts fly. The artillery explosions are cool.

And the music is really nice:)

not that bad, the destruction stuff for the vehicles is good, I like to see the vehicle parts fly. The artillery explosions are cool.

And the music is really nice:)

Yeah, if I give OFP2:DR something, it's gatto be the music

I love Arma, but the music is pretty lame.

*crosses fingers* Here's to hoping Arma 2 improves it:)

One more criticism from me, the noise filter. Why have that during gameplay? It only makes the game look worse. It looks like a TV that's using RF :(

Yeah that's what they had in HAWX. When you fly an aircraft there should be a lot of noise on the background, of the engines. In Hawx you can hear the engines, but its not like what its supposed to be. I know arma 1 did it right though.

Wow, if i may say so Skira looks amazingly empty, and was it intentional to fly through that ugly grass? How old is this Trailer 2,3 or more years?

I mean it looks like a good tech demo showing off possible effects, like the destruction system, the growing grass but it definitely does not look like a game i would play. This reminds me when i first read about Söldner, on paper it sounded great but after i testet the demo i was shoked and never buyed it.

The graphics look much like a mix of OFP and BF2 but not like a game that will be released in 2009. Where are the large battles did anyone counted more than 8 units in one scene?

Well, well i see Ofp: DR passing by looking forward to Ofp: DR part2

Edited by bionic