Sign in to follow this  
.kju

LandTex - Texture replacement for Chernarus

Incredible mod. Runs so smooth and looks so damn much better (no change in FPS in single player)! I will try to contact the server I usually play on that they allow players to join with this mod enabled. Terrific, five stars! :bounce3: The funny thing is, that aesthetically speaking the textures appear to work much more harmonical with the rest of the game than the real ones.

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

Some screenshots, click to enlarge 5040x1050.

1948-arma2%202009-08-17%2021-00-36-192.jpg

1948-arma2%202009-08-17%2020-47-04-072.jpg

1948-arma2%202009-08-17%2020-49-04-292.jpg

1948-arma2%202009-08-17%2020-54-18-942.jpg

1948-arma2%202009-08-17%2020-57-52-162.jpg

Edited by thales100

My ArmA 2 always crashes while loading the Chernarus Armory with these addon.

I suggest it's an "out-of-memory" crash.

Edit: Dont know why crashed but works now.

I put the .bisign and the .pbo files in @Landtex\Addons and the .bikey in keys.

Edited by Cionara

Great work !!!U guys make Arma2!!![k lets not forget BI ^^]

Eeermm....I feel performance boost too!?!

Yeah i noticed it too much smoother, good job. The pixelated ground textures of vanilla Arma 2 is more prevalent now after using this....Big thanks for the hard work :thumbs-up:

Angle: "And no i wont be using this mod. it seems to couse problems with loading/rendering textures while flying. fields and roads are black specks untill i get close."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

this kind of Problems dosent came from the Mod. And sorry Angle, the readme wasnt allready done, kju set this Mod online befor i fixed it.( I think hes in love ;) )

Dont worry, out of this the Mod is realy good.

------------------------------------------------------------------

(sooorry about my English, i hope its anderstandable) :-B

However in an attempt to stay on topic, im loving the organic feel of these new textures, nicely done Picolly. Initially i had some trouble installing the addon but then i realised i was being a moron.

Edited by Placebo
schpeel fookery

SO I have a question. If you are creating missions does this have any effect on them? Let me clarify..will others need to download this as well if it is a MP mission because the mission for some reason will think it is required and give them a error if they do not have it? Also does it affect FPS?

It is a client side replacement.

This means only those who have it, see the difference.

It is optional. This means no one needs to have it.

It is a replacement and therefore active for any mission on Chernarus.

In fact for any world using the Chernarus textures (none released so far).

@ Angle

There are literally billions of sticky threads how modfolder use works.

The search function actually does work in the forum.

Wow, now making modfolders is too hard for players and give them the right to come whine loud about how a player giving his free time to make addons is a lazy git?

Spoiled children....

Nice release Picolly

SO I have a question. If you are creating missions does this have any effect on them? Let me clarify..will others need to download this as well if it is a MP mission because the mission for some reason will think it is required and give them a error if they do not have it? Also does it affect FPS?

The only effect it'll have is a message (for people withough the mod) at the start of the mission saying "You can't play or edit this mission, bla bla bla" because if you make a mission with this mod loaded it'll make a footprint in the mission's SQM file as a required addon.

That can be remedied by removing that line with a simple text editor before exporting the mission to singleplayer/multiplayer.

> if you make a mission with this mod loaded it'll make a footprint in the mission's SQM file as a required addon.

It does? This should not happen.

Please explain Inkompetent.

Oh, it doesn't? I just assumed it did. Can't recall any addon I've ever used before that haven't, so assumed this would as well.

A good replacement should never do this. :)

Thank for the answers, I will definitely give this one a shot. Looks great.

I don't understand why the developers don't make it look like this, obviously it can be done. Good job man!

Okay I'm thick.

I've tred joing a server with this installed and it keeps rejecting my connection. I put all the files into the correct directory and the scenery is now bloody outstanding. Any ideas? Could it be that the key files on the server are different?

Are you sure the server allows this mod? They might have an older .bikey installed..

Anywho I appreciate your work and loved it! Feels much more real, especially from the air, thanks for your hard work.

Edited by Placebo

I downloaded it and gave it a try and I have to just say WOW. It was definitely worth the download. Thanks for releasing this to the community to check out and enjoy, mate. :)

Edited by Yokhanan
Spelling error--Doh!

Judging from the screenshots this'll be a damn good one :D Downloading now, and kudos to the creators :D