Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

Tools Released

Was about to post this-lucky i checked!:D

Am i correct in thinking that for peeps to create new units-eg UK Troops,the MLOD's are needed to?

And if so-how long were they released after arma 1 tools were released?

Btw -well done BI-islands/mods etc inbound!:yay:

Edited by ck-claw

Congratulations BIS! Within about 3 months of release! Very nicely done!

I've got people screamin' after SAMPLE models now though ;) Oh well, can't have it all at once now can we :D

Okay Community Update yesterday and tools released today and upsurge in BIS response to questions...I dunno what to do with myself :)

Let's keep this up!

Was about to post this-lucky i checked!:D

Am i correct in thinking that for peeps to create new units-eg UK Troops,the MLOD's are needed to?

Yea I forgot about sample models... with the tools out I'm sure BIS will release those soon enough.

I noticed about 5 mins after Marek posted it, but I didn't know whether to post it here or in A&M: Discussion.

Very happy that we're able to binarise models with the new .rvmats now. Hope we can get something that'll clue us in on how to stop the arm deformations on human models soon enough as well.

I noticed about 5 mins after Marek posted it, but I didn't know whether to post it here or in A&M: Discussion.

Same, but I figured I'd try here (more people check this forum) and if not mods could always move it.

I d/l the tools on the 10th August, but lets not get into a slanging match dear chap!

Congratulations BIS! Within about 3 months of release! Very nicely done!

I've got people screamin' after SAMPLE models now though ;) Oh well, can't have it all at once now can we :D

This mean ACE 2 is closer to completion sickboy?

Hope we can get something that'll clue us in on how to stop the arm deformations on human models soon enough as well.

Yepp-thats what one of our chaps is waiting on! :cool:

I d/l the tools on the 10th August, but lets not get into a slanging match dear chap!

Where from? Cos im sure I looked on the BIS wiki BI Tools 2 page YESTERDAY, and there was no download available.

Perhaps you downloaded BI Tools 1?

Whatever you downloaded, it could not be the official release of Arma II editing tools (perhaps you downloaded older Arma I tools)? FYI: the official Arma 2 tools as released were uploaded to the ftp just two hours ago.

Not that it matters much, just to avoid any confusion (and yes, there were some betas on the ftp before but some of major fixes are present only in this version).

Cheers for clearing that up.

I dont mind admitting when I am wrong. But I must have d/l the beta stuff, oh well.

I dont mind admitting when I am wrong. But I must have d/l the beta stuff, oh well.

And here I was thinking you had some sort of a time machine... :confused_o:

But the question came up who had spread the betas without permission and where did you get that prohibited package? ;)

Nice news. Sound utilities are consols. Not very handy.

But I don't understand one thing in readme file :)

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

===================

Original version of ARMA updated to version 1.14 (all updates are available from http://www.armedassault.com ).

Do they overwrite the old tools? What do these new tools bring?

Nice now i can start on my Nogovan Light Infantry :bounce3:

Nice news. Sound utilities are consols. Not very handy.

But I don't understand one thing in readme file :)

Means you need ArmA 1.14... bad news to all those who skipped buying ArmA... :rolleyes:

OFPEC mirror available here

Yes they do overwrite the old tools. Read more in the link above.

From wiki:

This installer will overwrite previously released BI Editing Tools for Arma I (user made data are intact) and it can not be possible to pack and finalize content for Arma I using the newer tools. Despite it may be possible to configure your system in a way it will support creation for both Arma I and Arma II, it is not recommended.