Sign in to follow this  
sgt_hawkins

Enemy_of_my_Enemy 1.4

arma2003-1.jpg

I have been a mission maker since OFP. I have never released any of my missions to the public. Usually my missions are reserved for a private server. (Phoenix Soldiers) I have had alot of requests To make this mission public. So I hope you enjoy. This Mission is designed for Tactical Gamers. There are no respawns and this Mission is very cerebral (Meaning that I don't baby sit you. You have to use your Brain) .... Please let me know if there are any frame rate issues. The Norm seems to be 30-50 on this mission.

Northern Chernarus is in a state of Civil War. Russians are allegedly committing mass killings. There has been a small but efficient uprising by the locals. The U.S. has an Informant who has evidence of these mass killings. You are to infiltrate behind enemy lines and retrieve the Evidence amidst all the chaos.Do not Expect the uprising to be friendly. They hate you as much as the Russians. Civilians have mixed feelings about you.

Note: This Mission is Highly Randomized.Troop strengths and assets will never be the same. You cannot assume the area is clear because the last it was.

Anyone who has played my missions know I put alot of easter eggs. Which basically are hidden things in the mission.Some are comedic.

http://www.4shared.com/file/124018975/bddacfa5/Enemy_of_my_EnemyChernarus.html

I assume this can be both SP and Coop right?

Correct. I can't tell you how difficult it would be because The enemy is random.

Found a bug. The fast forward doesn't work

Really cool so far. Just wish i didn't get hurt walking near all the fire. Now my aim sucks

I get only 9-12 fps though running on normal settings

Edited by Eagle911

Fast forward? You mean the game speed button?

It's probably not a bug but a feature ;), fast forward screws up complex scripts so some mission editors disable it .

Really cool so far. Just wish i didn't get hurt walking near all the fire. Now my aim sucks

I get only 9-12 fps though running on normal settings

Fast Forward will not work if your machine cannot handle it. As far as the Fire it would be silly if it didn't hurt you..Its a Forest Fire. If you get too close it will kill you. As far as your fps....thats the lowest Ive seen.....Are you using fraps?

12mb mission, what is inside

Well Hawkins, Wow just wow.

Awsome mission!

The feel, the atmosphere and the hugh amount of work you put into this is just incredible.

I've been holding my breath hoping that people would start makng missions like this.

It kept me on my toes the whole time. I don't want to spoil anything, but i'd like to say the occurence on black mountain was wild.

All in all it ran real smooth for me, my specs are winXP32 E6850 core 2 duo 3.0ghz 2 gigs pc6400 ram and an ATI 4890 1gb.

I'm just guessing here but I don't think my frames dropped below 25 ~ 30fps.

By the way the name "Hawkins" you wouldn't be referring to "Robert Hawkins" by any chance?

Well Hawkins, Wow just wow.

Awsome mission!

The feel, the atmosphere and the hugh amount of work you put into this is just incredible.

I've been holding my breath hoping that people would start makng missions like this.

It kept me on my toes the whole time. I don't want to spoil anything, but i'd like to say the occurence on black mountain was wild.

All in all it ran real smooth for me, my specs are winXP32 E6850 core 2 duo 3.0ghz 2 gigs pc6400 ram and an ATI 4890 1gb.

I'm just guessing here but I don't think my frames dropped below 25 ~ 30fps.

By the way the name "Hawkins" you wouldn't be referring to "Robert Hawkins" by any chance?

Thanks glad you enjoyed it.

Robert Hawkins is or was a disgrace to the Hawkins name..I got the name off a game called Ultima 6. His name was actually called Capt. Hawkins.(he was a pirate :rolleyes: ). I demoted myself because my personality fits a Sgt rather than a Capt... Alot of people think it is a reference to the Sgt Hawkins in Predator...but no.

Fast Forward will not work if your machine cannot handle it. As far as the Fire it would be silly if it didn't hurt you..Its a Forest Fire. If you get too close it will kill you. As far as your fps....thats the lowest Ive seen.....Are you using fraps?

Nope here are my complete specs

Video card - NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX (minor overclock with EVGA precision)

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.0 GHz

Motherboard - ASUS P5QC LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM - Patriot Extreme Performance Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory

And 2gb of some other DDR2 RAM

Case - COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Power supply - Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W Power Supply

Hi !

The mission looks amazing.

Can you control AI?

No In my missions I make each unit separate. That way you don't hear all the radio chatter.

Thanks glad you enjoyed it.

Robert Hawkins is or was a disgrace to the Hawkins name..I got the name off a game called Ultima 6. His name was actually called Capt. Hawkins.(he was a pirate :rolleyes: ). I demoted myself because my personality fits a Sgt rather than a Capt... Alot of people think it is a reference to the Sgt Hawkins in Predator...but no.

I think we may be talking about two different Robert Hawkins, I was referring to a character in one of my all time favorite TV shows "Jericho"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hawkins_(Jericho_character)

Is this who you are talking about?

Also, have you ever considered releasing some of your other missions?

If this little gem is an example of your work, I for one would love to see what else you've done:)

What a great time we had tonight playing your mission. I hope we see more of your work.

Is there a minimum of player you need to play this mission.

Since everything is random there is no way of knowing. Troop strengths and enemy assets change every time you load the mission.

how many playable slots are there on this mission ?

how many playable slots are there on this mission ?

25 playable slots..Not that you need 25. I put extra slots because nobody wants to play a 10 player mission with 11 friends.

I found this missing eats a lot of FPS. Don't know why.

best regards

I think we may be talking about two different Robert Hawkins, I was referring to a character in one of my all time favorite TV shows "Jericho"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hawkins_(Jericho_character)

Is this who you are talking about?

Also, have you ever considered releasing some of your other missions?

If this little gem is an example of your work, I for one would love to see what else you've done:)

I'm currently developing another mission.Its something similar to something I did in Arma but I'm taking it to a whole new level. I haven't decided if Its going public. Im just one member of the Project Ops team. We have 5 members in our group who are all excellent Mission Makers. We each have our own flair in mission making. ( BTW The Robert Hawkins I was talking about was the Mall Shooter.)

Here is an example of the mission I'm making...This Screenie is from an old Arma mission I made called Cavemen.

arma001.jpg

arma002.jpg

arma003.jpg

Nice mission, but what's with the

monster screams, am I playing ArmA 2 or Silent Hill. Or was it infamous Chernorussian Bigfoot? ;)

:D

Edited by USSRsniper