Sign in to follow this  
Moose_Qc

I need help with an error at each MP session

Hi,

I’m always getting this type of message when I start any MP session;

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.sideToggle'.

I click on continue. It’s seems not interfering with my game. But I’m wondering why I’m I getting this message? Can I get rid of this message by default?

arma2.jpg

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Moose

Edited by Moose_Qc

Hi,

I’m always getting this type of message when I start any MP session;

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.sideToggle'.

I click on continue. It’s seems not interfering with my game. But I’m wondering why I’m I getting this message? Can I get rid of this message by default?

arma2.jpg

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Moose

+1............. I am getting this same error.... I am thinking that maybe people with steam didn't get the new multyplayer UI......

@ Moose_Qc, are you using STEAM???

Yes I'm on Steam ( I would have bought the DVD, but seems not available in any stores in Canada (east cost))... BI Would you be so kind and look into this?

Thanks in advance

PS: Here's my Dxdiag if that might help...

http://www.leductech.com/DxDiag.txt

Edited by Moose_Qc

Same prob here. Using steam as well.

Posted in troubleshooting area as well.

Same problem here, steam user

error: No entry 'bin\config.bin/rscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_Wst.sideToggle'

Ditto.. Steam, same problem - also lost the artillery interface with the same type of error.

I have been getting reports of the same problem on my server. The server is copied from a 505 games release installation. My client, which is also a 505 games release, does not see the error but other people who I know are using the steam release are seeing the error.

This is not steam related, i get on 505ver after 1.03 on all Domination maps - maybe its the mission creators that needs to do some changes

------------------------

Ignore above i didnt read the error msg right - sry

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;1399770']This is not steam related' date=' i get on 505ver after 1.03 on all Domination maps - maybe its the mission creators that needs to do some changes[/quote']

That can't be fixed by any mission maker.

Dialogs that use a map control where fixed in the Domi release yesterday. Some new fields got added to class Task.

Btw, the A2 artillery module has the same problem.

Xeno

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.sideToggle'

Me too.

Got it as well, but set the game to redownload this morning before heading to work. Will check if it's the same when I get home later.

Edit: A reinstall did not do anything. Spoke to three other friends of mine that uses a Steam-version of the game, and they have the same issue. That being said, I haven't found that this issue has a negative impact on the game. It's still playable etc.

Edited by Fjordmonkey
Updated my answer.

I can confirm that I have exactly the same issue. Also using a Steam version of Arma2 and can't seem to solve this problem.

Tried the same remedy as fjordmonkey with the same result.

Getting same on Steam. I thought I did something wrong with my server, but it looks like Steamers got an added unwanted bonus.

Some feedback from a dev would be good around about now. Same issue, Steam user and game crashes all the time for me now. After having to completely download 8gigs of Arma again for a 100mb patch and the crashes afterwards, you can be sure Steam has lost me as a customer for-ever.

Sounds great. Have no way of getting these replacement files atm though.

voted ;)

thanks a bunch ice

/oops didn't work.. Ui file was dated 5/30/09 perhaps it's been updated?

Edited by RAYtracer