Sign in to follow this  
hotel

Buildings flickering

I have noticed almost every building from a distance has flickering especially around windows. Like on the campaign mission Harvest Red I start off with that poor acting and while there talking away I go and take in the view of the city and the buildings flicker like crazy!

I tried turning AA all the way up which actually makes the game look a ton better but the building flickering is still there. Full AF and high textures with everything on high. The Video Memory I adjusted to see if that helped but no cigar.

The new patch didnt seem to help much with graphical glitches which im sure will be blamed on our Video card vendors but does anyone know of a fix for this or how to improve the problem?

AMD Phenom X4 955BE @3.8Ghz @47 celsius load

Gigabyte 790FX and SB750 Chipsets

HD 4890 1 GIG @ 900/1100

Patriot 1600 Mhz DDR3 Gaming Edition

West Digital 500 Gig HDD 32 MB Cache

500 Watt Antec PSU

everyone has that. It meens, turn your graphics and AA DOWN or AA off. This game is extreme on the high end computer scale. Next years or the years after's high end computers will run this game on high, not this years. Scale everything down. This game doesnt look that bad on medium and youll get a huge performance increase and youll get use to it. We are all having these glitches on graphics. Alot of it comes in the single player mode because of low FPS with everything happening around you all at once and hardware strain.

Go to the editor, create a unit as a player(YOU) and see if the graphic glitches on buildings still happens without any units on sceen. IF it doesnt happen , which is what is expected, then its the same problem we all have. Our comps arent hardcore enough at the moment. Same when Crysis came out 3 years ago, same with Oblivian before that even battlefield 2 on release did it(it sucks , i know) and tons of other games. Dont let this problem stray you away from how awesome this game is.

everyone has that. It meens, turn your graphics and AA DOWN or AA off. This game is extreme on the high end computer scale. Next years or the years after's high end computers will run this game on high, not this years. Scale everything down. This game doesnt look that bad on medium and youll get a huge performance increase and youll get use to it. We are all having these glitches on graphics. Alot of it comes in the single player mode because of low FPS with everything happening around you all at once and hardware strain.

Go to the editor, create a unit as a player(YOU) and see if the graphic glitches on buildings still happens without any units on sceen. IF it doesnt happen , which is what is expected, then its the same problem we all have. Our comps arent hardcore enough at the moment. Same when Crysis came out 3 years ago, same with Oblivian before that even battlefield 2 on release did it(it sucks , i know) and tons of other games. Dont let this problem stray you away from how awesome this game is.

Has nothing to do with AA up or down or other settings up or down. This flickering is an issue with the way the engine handles textures and building textures is where it really show through.

Basically you can't do anything about it, BIS has to fix it if they want to.

Yeah its not anything to do with the graphics settings for sure because turning them down does nothing. BTW i can run everythign on high very high so why would I want to turn it down?

Anyway thanks for the information. This is unfortunate but I guess I will live with it. Atleast my game runs as it should.

you dont have vsync forced off do you ?

Is this problem on the community issue tracker??

Can someone give me the link?

IMO it's more to do with drivers/hardware...I get z-fighting in every game; it's just worse in Arma because of the draw distances. That's why you never get it when you're actually in the town (at least I don't); but looking at one from 1k+ away it's very obvious. Hopefully it CAN be fixed in the engine, but I doubt it will be 100% fixed