Sign in to follow this  
bangtail

Sound broken by 1.03?

It kind of works for me to move the in-game sliders to under 50%. But still there is distortion at times despite that.

Also very very annoying is the clicks. After a shot i hear CLICK. Again - sounds like the soundengine flips OFF and ON or something like that.

Alex

just to keep You informed that this bug (the distortion, buzz and click/crack) shall be fixed in next patch ...

so there is no need to worry about

I have the static/crackling problem, but another issue I have had since the start is that some sound events are not being positioned properly. For instance, an explosion goes off to my left, I turn to face it, but the sound is still coming from the left. ArmA1 audio works as it should, but ArmA2 doesn't.

This under Windows 7 with onboard sound (Asus P6T Deluxe) and sennheiser 'phones.

Is the sound issue not more worthy of a hotfix? It's really quite hard to play the game when you can only hear static.

I thought I fixed my problem by reverting to older drivers.

Well, I did fix the main problem, but still have a little one. I still get the clicking sound occasionally, like when pressing 'esc' to pause the game.

i simply fix my sound problem in lowering output volume IN ARMA MENU . all at 25%. i have no more cracking , noising . it's right, it's works.

I'm glad to see some Audigy users are experiencing issues as well because this has driven me completely crazy. In my case lowering ingame sounds did not work all that well and I'd still receive enemy radio chatter at ear splitting volumes through my center channel.

I did notice something interesting though as I lost my system drive recently and had to re-install my OS and everything that was on c:\ (where I also keep Steam). My version of XP Home is quite old (SP 1). I re-installed my entire Steam platform (including ArmA II) on SP 2 and the sound was absolutely perfect in 5.1, no issues whatsoever.

When Windows XP automatically upgraded to SP 3 the issues were magically back.

...incidentally I had all these issues prior even on my old failed system drive.

To make a long story even longer, there were no issues in SP 2 however they have reared there ugly heads once again in SP 3.

My card is an Audigy 2 ZS; tried all the driver versions I could find.

The ONLY thing that works for me at this time is using 2.0.

It'll be nice to see this addressed in a future patch but I do agree with one of the previous comments that a hotfix is a much better idea. I know it may be a bit more work but it does suck being a loyal customer and not being able to enjoy a game due to major sound issues.

just to keep You informed that this bug (the distortion, buzz and click/crack) shall be fixed in next patch ...

so there is no need to worry about

Ah man this is good news and I hope it does.

I had crackles after 1.03, fixed by lowering volume in XP / Win7 control panel and raising my speaker volume to compensate. I left the ingame volume alone.

A slight side issue, my Asus p5e-vm uses a Realtek ALC888, I connect via coax to an AV amp.

In Arma2 I found no sound coming from the rear surround and center speaker. After some experimenting I now have full 5.0 sound ( no subwoofer attached :) ).

I fixed this in a totally illogical way, in windows; set speakers to NONE.

In the Realtek cp set speaker amount to 2. :crazy:

That's pretty funny :)

The lack of 5.1 speakers (setting 5.1 gives you 2.1/2.0) is caused by a problem with the audio logic codec (the codec Arma 2 uses for sound, can't remember the exact name), reinstalling the codec should fix the issue.

some sound events are not being positioned properly. For instance, an explosion goes off to my left, I turn to face it, but the sound is still coming from the left. ArmA1 audio works as it should, but ArmA2 doesn't.

This under Windows 7 with onboard sound (Asus P6T Deluxe) and sennheiser 'phones.

Search function yo! :bounce3:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1399212&postcount=6