Sign in to follow this  
bangtail

Sound broken by 1.03?

I've gotten the same problem with static and distortion however it is with realtek onboard sound with my 750i SLI FTW motherboard. It only started happening in patch 1.03 and I have my sound in-game at 20%. It only happens when multiple sounds are going off but it has NEVER happened in 1.02.

I've gotten the same problem with static and distortion however it is with realtek onboard sound with my 750i SLI FTW motherboard. It only started happening in patch 1.03 and I have my sound in-game at 20%. It only happens when multiple sounds are going off but it has NEVER happened in 1.02.

Tx for posting mate. I guess this isn't specific to Creative after all :(

Tx for the links Fansadox :)

Sounds exactly the same as mine :icon_wink:

Eth

Edited by BangTail

The sound glitch I get isn't like Fansadox's though, on the end of his second video (around 0:06) where everything goes out and just has a few sounds of static is exactly what my sound problem is like.

I've been using vop, RH heli, hi-fi A-10, d3 weaponfx, and trsm sound mods since 1.02 and haven't had a single problem until now.

5.1 Sound was messed up (loud staticy sounds) in 1.02 and in 1.03 it is worse. Creative x-fi Xtrememusic card. I have to turn 2.1 sound setting on before I play for it to quit.

windows 7 rtm and x-fi xtrememusic latest drivers.

X-fi xtreme gamer FIX.

Use older drivers.

I am now using driver version 5.12.6.1186, which came on the CD. Running XP also.

I know it's not convenient, I tried just about everything before changing the drivers, anyway. I installed older drivers, I no longer get the problems within the game that I was experiencing before. No distorted bush noises and no problems with other sounds.

.......so far.

edit:

5.12.8.1201 - driver from windows update also works fine.

Edited by Dead3yez

The sound glitch I get isn't like Fansadox's though, on the end of his second video (around 0:06) where everything goes out and just has a few sounds of static is exactly what my sound problem is like.

I've been using vop, RH heli, hi-fi A-10, d3 weaponfx, and trsm sound mods since 1.02 and haven't had a single problem until now.

I get several different sound problems but the most prominent one is the one that those videos display.

I never had any problems until 1.03 either.

I've pretty much exhausted every option in terms of a workaround. Hopefully BIS will address it ASAP. I'll play some Black Shark in the meantime :)

Eth

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

X-fi xtreme gamer FIX.

Use older drivers.

I am now using driver version 5.12.6.1186, which came on the CD.

I know it's not convenient, I tried just about everything before changing the drivers, anyway. I installed older drivers, I no longer get the problems within the game that I was experiencing before. No distorted bush noises and no problems with other sounds.

.......so far.

Yah, I might put the older Forte drivers back (Based on the previous Creative set). They did work fine TBH.

Older drivers seem very "Du jour" as of late. I'm still on 182.50 (Nvidia) and now I'm going back to an older sound driver.

Huh larious :)

Eth

Just out of curiousity.. has anyone tried it with VOP mod to see if it's still corrupt?

Just out of curiousity.. has anyone tried it with VOP mod to see if it's still corrupt?

Yah I'm using that mod. Same deal unfortunately :(

Will get back to you after I reinstall the older driver set.

Eth

Sorry guys, I was hoping I'd have the same issues so I could help find a workaround but I'm not having any sound trouble at all (X-Fi XtremeGamer, Logitech 5.1 speaker, no CMSS, no Crystalizer)

I'll see if I can replicate the issue but right now I'd suggest you guys goto control panel->sound->speakers->advanced and try change the default format audio quality. try lowering it or raising it to see if it makes a difference.

Sorry guys, I was hoping I'd have the same issues so I could help find a workaround but I'm not having any sound trouble at all (X-Fi XtremeGamer, Logitech 5.1 speaker, no CMSS, no Crystalizer)

I'll see if I can replicate the issue but right now I'd suggest you guys goto control panel->sound->speakers->advanced and try change the default format audio quality. try lowering it or raising it to see if it makes a difference.

Hey mate, what Drv version are you using? The latest or an older one?

Eth

I am also having a lot of sound static problems since updating 1.03, using a generic on-board soundcard.

I am also having a lot of sound static problems since updating 1.03, using a generic on-board soundcard.

Hey bud,

You're not alone.

Might be a case of BIS intervention for a solid fix :(

Running the latest Creative driver.

Also tried running at different sound quality levels and still not having issues. When I get more time I'll try running different speaker configurations.

Running the latest Creative driver.

Also tried running at different sound quality levels and still not having issues. When I get more time I'll try running different speaker configurations.

I've tried everything I can think off. It definitely seems to be caused by many sounds playing at once.

Eth

Just tested this with a X-Fi Titanium Professional Audio and 6.0.1.1346 drivers on a X58 platform and no distorted sound. The low frequencies have been significantly extended and it actually sounds very good. Directionality is also spot on.

The AI have gone stupid but that's for another thread..:rolleyes:

Edited by Akilez
If it wasn't for typos my life would be damn near perfect.

Just tested this with a X-Fi Titanium Professional Audio and 6.0.1.1346 drivers on a X58 platform and no distorted sound. The low frequencies have been significantly extended and it actually sounds very good. Directionality is also spot on.

The AI have gone stupid but that's for another thread..:rolleyes:

Honestly, if it was a Win 7 problem, I really wouldn't care as Win 7 is unreleased but the fact that it effects XP is a little on the irritating side.

Eth

Yea Ethne I don't doubt for a second you're experiencing things exactly as you (and others) are describing.

I'm on VU64 and just wanted to mention I didn't notice any of the issues which just means it may be an inconsistent, and potentially difficult to isolate, phenomenon.

Best of Luck,

Edited by Akilez
If I could type I wouldn't need this job.

I have the Crosshair III, and when firing sometimes the sound distorts and I lose sound for a few secs, then it comes back.

I have an sb audigy was fine before 1.03 now it's pretty bad

I have same issue but with a Asus Xonar DX.

So not only creative.

Well, it sucks that it seems to effect pretty much all types of soundcard but not consistently.

Best we can do is hope for a swift(ish) hotfix.

I just spent the better part of 3 hours switching drivers/settings etc and it just won't go away.

Like I said, back to Black Shark for a while :)

Eth

Can confirm i have some more distortion and crackling as well with 1.03. The game has always been distorting the sound for me when at some angles where the sound dists and goes away, but in 1.03 there seems to be some weird "clicks" as well.

-Win7RC 32bit (latest update)

-Audigy 2 (latest drivers)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Can confirm i have some more distortion and crackling as well with 1.03. The game has been distorting the sound for me when at some angles where the sound dists and goes away, but in 1.03 there seems to be some weird "clicks" as well.

-Win7RC 32bit (latest update)

-Audigy 2 (latest drivers)

Alex

You described it well. I find it cuts in and out due to distance and there is some weird "clicking" sound that seems to denote certain sounds playing. It almost sounds like the card is "downshifiting". There also seems to be distortion when there are many sounds playing at once.

Eth