p75

Vehicles in-game speed experience

Vehicle in-game speed experience  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Vehicle in-game speed experience

• It is too slow, please BIS, increase the in-game speed experience
    • It is too fast, please BIS, decrease the in-game speed experience
    • It is just perfect

I dunno how to vote with those three choices, the vehicles in general don't feel right at all I was sliding down a hill with a tank and it just slid down sideways like it was on a slip n' slide and weighed the equivalent of a small child.

I'm going to install OFP and see, because I feel like the vehicles felt much better.

The speed of vehicles is "alright".

The only thing that I miss is "gears" (at least with cars) AND most important a option which is not forcing me all the time to presh the "forward button" to have the vehicle drive/fly. Particlarly on biger distances this is sometimes a bit annoying as you have to presh it all the time or your vehicle is loosing its speed completely. If you would have some option so the vehicle would just drive without the need to presh a button all the time you could chatt without loosing speed or the need to stop.

a little more speed won't hurt as long as it won't end up a racing game. I think it's even possible through modding.

Movement rate only seems slow because the default field of view is narrow. Increase your field of view and suddenly it seems like you're speeding along in that UAZ due to being able to see the ground around you.

Offroad usually too slow. You should be forced to slow down yourself because its more dangerous to be offroad.

ACE1 changed the offroad speed to faster - yet a tad below full speed. I thaught that was superb.

Off road, some vehicles slow down to much... even with the shift key pressed.

Some? I havent found a vehicle that wouldnt go from 70 to 20 km/h if you accidentaly drive for 1 second off the road. Some speed decrease would be okay, but this..

a little more speed won't hurt as long as it won't end up a racing game. I think it's even possible through modding.

Theres a limit in the physics engine, after passing 130-150kmh(cant remember) the car will literally start flying. This is why community addons depicting fast cars such as Ferraries are barely any faster than the in-game Lada.

Well I think it's "perfect" when they act correctly. Many times I'm in a tank in an open field with a waypoint set for the driver and he keeps it stuck in 1st gear. I then take manual control and order "Fast" and he takes off. Then I put him on autopilot again, and he downshifts.

Also tanks, the Abrams I believe has a cruising speed of 55-60 mph and I think a top speed of 80mph. Don't quote me on the exact figures, but it's somewhere around there. The Abrams can really haul butt.

What bothers me about travel is the AI driving. I spend more time getting to the battle than in it. Usually frustrated with an open road that the drivers can't make it down, or will just decide to make a left turn and cross a field into a tree then announce that they can't get to the destination. In warfare, I'll buy 3 tanks, command 1 and then watch the other two just go all over the place or get stuck trying to get out of the base.

I think the lack of driving skills of the AI is the number 1 detracting factor for immersion in the whole game.

It'd be pretty much ok if vehicles weren't slowed down so much by hills.

Yeah that's really the crux of the issue. It's like the pivot point is in the middle of the rear axle. It's awful driving a car down a narrow winding road. Horrible in fact.

That's true!

Its just lovely to see driving car offroad (hatchback for example) and your teammates run past you :)

If you take a hatchback off a sealed road and onto anything even the slightest bit rugged you'd better be driving slower than a run or you'll bust your suspension or steering in no time flat. Try it on your own car if you don't believe me.