Sign in to follow this  
Yapab

Mouse buttons 4 & 5, what are your mappings?

Hi,

Wondering what others have mapped their mouse buttons 4 & 5 to in the game.

I'm about to map mine and not really sure what to use! There are so many options which would be useful, in other games its quite easy because of their limited controls!

I'm thinking button 4 for "free view" to turn head and look around easily (instead of alt???) but I guess alt is easy to press so hmm.

5 could be for "step over/jump" as I find v a bit of a far reach!

Whats your mappings!

Yapa

I have 5 set up to center my view with TrackIR, and have been meaning to set up 4 to pause it.

for me:

button 4 - step over ("v" is like ever for ironsight/optics :) )

button 5 - hold breath

My Mouse 4 is Reload weapon, Mouse 5 is Toggle weapons and I have my Middle Mouse button set to look (Not Freelook). I have Step over set to 2x the key I use for up (not standup) and Go Prone (not prone) as 2x my Crouch Key. This all feels nice for me but it dose take alittle time to remap the keys there are so many lol.

Mouse Button 4: Ventrilo/Teamspeak

Mouse Button 5: Walk over obsticles. *V* Default.

I switched V back to OFP setting. (Optics).

I always forget if I'm "capsedlocked" from talking in ventrilo as I'll always start typing in caps and have to restart retyping text in-game whilst wasting more time.

Edited by Victor

I got.

Left: Shoot

Right: Zoom, report

Click wheel: Iron sight

Thumb 1: Action

Thumb 2: Compass

Will probably try to faze out the Click wheel iron sight, since this is also done by fastclicking right mb. But I've been doing this setup snce OFP.

But the thing I am most happy with in my current setup is to have the compass on the mouse. It really makes me use it more frequently and I communicate better with my team mates.

Some interesting configs! It's surprising to see so many people using the mouse 4&5 (thumb) keys for voice/talking.

I guess the caps key is kind of awkward because it turns CAPS on... so this is a good idea if you talk a lot!

I'm also thinking about using them for "lean left" and "lean right" as the movement would be all on the mouse and it would free up those two keys on the keyboard.

Does anyone know if you can map the mouse keys 4&5 to double clicks or holds?

Yapa

I found the Windows key quite usefull for comms, you only have a bit of thumb move to do to speak

Just setting up my controls now, seems the mouse 4&5 double click works in the setup screen.

However in the game it does not. I have mouse 4 set to "leap over/jump" with 1 click, and to bring the "gear" menu up with 2 clicks. It only seems to jump... hmm.

EDIT: I've now assigned mouse 5 one click to "Look" and mouse 5 double click to "eject" from vehicles... tested the double click and it works.

So seems to be a problem with assigning "Gear" to double click or having "Leap over" assigned to that key!

Yapa

Edited by Yapab

Lean left and right.

4 = back (exit the menu) for times when you select and need to backspace out, I use this for quick exit.

5 = Used for radio trigger of Pilflus voice recognition.

In lieu of a mouse wheel I use them for cycling the menu commands. This leaves RMB for sights and zoom, leaving Hold Breath broken and Target That finicky.

mouse 4 = freelookview

double mouse 4 = 3rd person/1st person

mouse 5 = command interface

alt= map

space=jump

Tumb 1 = zoom in

Tumb 2 = push to talk (mumble / teamspeak)

Tumb 3 = freelook (most important for me!)

I also have Q an E mapped on my scrollweel instead of sidescroll so I can lean.

And Stance Up and Stance Down above and under my scrollweel

Loads off buttons on my mouse I know! I use the freelook the most the rest I have both on keyboard and on mouse and use them depending on where my fingers are.

mx1000.jpg

Ctrl + Mouse 4 = Eject

Ctrl + Mouse 5 = Get out

Edit: So I won't press it by accident. (:

Edited by 7