Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Nuke!

Are there any nukes in this game? I want to blow up a lot of stuff and watch the ensuing cloud of radiation and death.

I saw in Evolution there is an ICBM option which I've never seen used, which usually has a nuclear warhead.

Why would a war simulator give a soldier the option to nuke an entire city, hence destroying everything in it. You may as well end game there, this game actually teaches responsibilities of war as well as having fun.

Don't know if it's been updated, but last time i used the ICBM in Evo marines, it didn't have any effects just got you alot of kills.

Why would a war simulator give a soldier the option to nuke an entire city, hence destroying everything in it. You may as well end game there, this game actually teaches responsibilities of war as well as having fun.

Yes, yes I know. ArmA 1 had a mod for a SCUD with appropriate NUKE ICBM effects so I am asking if a mod is already in the works.

Yes, yes I know. ArmA 1 had a mod for a SCUD with appropriate NUKE ICBM effects so I am asking if a mod is already in the works.

Then you maybe should ask it in the mod discussion forum instead of here.

And i don't think that a nation will ever use nukes again, just some freaky terrorists maybe. It simply make no sense to devastate a area like USA has done in Japan. And the trouble about North Korea atm is just a new PR strategy by the USA, not realy a threat to the world.

Yea strategically nukes serve no purpose but political, that's why we have enough to destroy the entire world about 100x over. But the superpowers of the world stupidly adopted policies that if say; Russia ever sends a nuke to the US, the US will return with a nuke of its own. So they aren't about winning wars. You know Japan surrendered prior to the nuking of it's two cities, but the cold war had already started basically so the US wanted to scare russia. Sad way to lose 200,000 people.

@JuggernautOfWar

Hi, I will have a nuclear mushroom appear in arma2, but I have not begun at all it yet.

I will make first a camera that can freely move about the world.

...You know Japan surrendered prior to the nuking of it's two cities, but the cold war had already started basically so the US wanted to scare russia. Sad way to lose 200,000 people.

No. Both Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nuked prior to Japan's surrender on August 14th 1945. There are a huge amount of primary sources which attest to this.

No. Both Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nuked prior to Japan's surrender on August 14th 1945. There are a huge amount of primary sources which attest to this.

i'm sure that are american sources.

Japan had tryed to contact the USA more than once while the hole summer of '45, USA just ignored theyr kapitulation and hidet it from the medias.

But even if they hadn't try to kapitulate before. Nothing, i repeat, NOTHING can justify a nuklear bomb. For me there's no difference between Eisenhower and Hitler.

But that's going to much off-topic here :).

i'm sure that are american sources.

Japan had tryed to contact the USA more than once while the hole summer of '45, USA just ignored theyr kapitulation and hidet it from the medias.

But even if they hadn't try to kapitulate before. Nothing, i repeat, NOTHING can justify a nuklear bomb. For me there's no difference between Eisenhower and Hitler.

But that's going to much off-topic here :).

You must be confused. We are talking about arma2 "the game" here. As for your other statements :o:

You know Japan surrendered prior to the nuking of it's two cities, but the cold war had already started basically so the US wanted to scare russia. Sad way to lose 200,000 people.

I absolutely CAN NOT believe you just made this statement. I am surprised something like this doesnt get you banned or screamed at from some other patriots on this board. Instead of unleashing anger, I will simply ask you to pick up a world history book, it doesnt even have to be american produced. Pick up a U.S. History book published by a german, japanese, chinese, anyone author and please do us all a favor and remove and edit your false comment. As an American Citizen it is bothering me tremendously.

To Fumo, Do you realise if Isreal attacks the Nuclear plants in Iran it will most probably use nukes?

The plants are 30 plus metres under ground so as to be protected from conventional weapon attack.

We are headed towards the inevitable World War 4 show-down, if any time in recent history signifies the threat of an imminent nuclear catastophe, it would be the 'Cuban Misslie Crisis' and the current geo political situation.

Fumo, I believe that the US demanded, and was refused Japan's surrender prior to the dropping of the little boy. The dropping on Nagasaki is a delicate subject, that I believe brought a premature end to WW2 and saved American lives. The dropping of the fat man though I think was a bit uncalled for. I think if the US had just waited, Surrender was inevitable.

And in case you're wondering, I'm not America. I come from the only county in the world to completely abolish Nuclear weapons and disarms it's arsenal.

To Fumo, Do you realise if Isreal attacks the Nuclear plants in Iran it will most probably use nukes?

The plants are 30 plus metres under ground so as to be protected from conventional weapon attack.

We are headed towards the inevitable World War 4 show-down, if any time in recent history signifies the threat of an imminent nuclear catastophe, it would be the 'Cuban Misslie Crisis' and the current geo political situation.

They would use tactical nukes, not the big world crushers.

World war 4? Have i missed a war in the last time? :p

Sorry for that joke ;).

Seriuosly, if Isreal attack the nuclear plants in Iran, who have done the first nuclear strike? Israel then just haven't build theyr own bomb, but use the plants as "static bomb".And why should they attack Iran? Haven't they enough trouble with Palestina and have time to waste with other conflicts? I really don't think a governement would be again so dumb to use it.

Edit:

Fumo, I believe that the US demanded, and was refused Japan's surrender prior to the dropping of the little boy. The dropping on Nagasaki is a delicate subject, that I believe brought a premature end to WW2 and saved American lives. The dropping of the fat man though I think was a bit uncalled for. I think if the US had just waited, Surrender was inevitable.

And in case you're wondering, I'm not America. I come from the only county in the world to completely abolish Nuclear weapons and disarms it's arsenal.

Saved american lives? The hole pacific was under US controll, Japan hadn't anymore a chance to even see an american citizen. How should they be a threat?

And no, you are not an american, you have just registered right now to tell me that? ;) And which nation do abolish theyr nukes? France or Germany? (the other three nations with permission to have nukes aren't abolishing anything).

Edited by Fumo

The 'Cold War' is regarded by many to be WW3.

And Isreal has 400 Nukes.

In November, the first reactor of the Bushehr plant is expected to come online/ become operational. This is the deadline for Isreal according to past official statements.

But, this is going way off topic now, and as always I respect other's opinion's, just make sure you are well read on such matters before making broad statements.

Edited by Sabrefox

And Isreal has 400 Nukes.

So, where is now the international police (US Army) to denied theyr right on nukes like they did with Iraq, Iran and now North Korea? Why can Israel have some and spread threats around and others not? You now recognize the double moral of the USA? ;)

Isreal is theyr partner, so they can have nukes, others aren't and mustn't.

EDIT again:

I've reported the post asking to be transfered in off-topic section. I think it have discussion potential :)

Edited by Fumo

Off topic - but - the US did not want to invade Japan as it was deemed to be a blood bath with thousands of casualties on both sides.

The ALLIES (don't forget other countries were fighting as well,not just the US as seems to be a common misconception here) had offered Japan an unconditional surrender which they refused.

They amended the offer to allow the emperor to remain and this amendment was apparently interpreted as a sign of weakness so the Japanese high command decided to stay the course.

Hiroshima was to convince them to surrender , Nagasaki was to convince them the first one wasn't a fluke.

Saved american lives? The hole pacific was under US controll, Japan hadn't anymore a chance to even see an american citizen. How should they be a threat?

And no, you are not an american, you have just registered right now to tell me that? ;) And which nation do abolish theyr nukes? France or Germany? (the other three nations with permission to have nukes aren't abolishing anything).

It was a threat to the Americans who whould have been sent to invade the island of Japan. And they had to get Japan to surender somehow. They couldn;t just blockade it for 50 years... Kinda like Korea, come to think of it.:confused_o:

Not all the nations that have nukes have signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Pakistan, Norht Korea and Isariel are a few of these. Look up the nation that has disarmed it's Nukes. I'll give you a hint, it's the only African state to have them at all.

This is not related to ArmA2 any more, moving to OT.

Thanks Placebo :)

Not all the nations that have nukes have signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Pakistan, Norht Korea and Isariel are a few of these. Look up the nation that has disarmed it's Nukes. I'll give you a hint, it's the only African state to have them at all.

I guess South Africa? It's the only african Nation with enough ressource for a nuke, still guessing :).

Thanks Placebo :)

I guess South Africa? It's the only african Nation with enough ressource for a nuke, still guessing :).

Hey! :blush: You got me! Yeah, that's right. It's the only African Nation to develop Nuclear weapons and the only Nation on earth to disarm them. (This statement excluded ex soviet block states that are now left with the USSR nuclear legacy. They got their nukes from the Ruskis.)

I do agree that it's highly unlikely that any state will use Nukes in a war ever again though. In fact if any country did, it might unite the rest of the world against them, IMHO.

Hey! :blush: You got me! Yeah, that's right. It's the only African Nation to develop Nuclear weapons and the only Nation on earth to disarm them. (This statement excluded ex soviet block states that are now left with the USSR nuclear legacy. They got their nukes from the Ruskis.)

Are the nukes remnants of the previous Apartheid-regime or younger? I just know that South Africa was forced to build theyr own Weapons and Vehicles because of the embargo against the Apartheid, so i can understand that a paranoic regime would also build some nukes to "prevent" a foreign invasion by some "righteous-world-Paladin" :).

And...

I do agree that it's highly unlikely that any state will use Nukes in a war ever again though. In fact if any country did, it might unite the rest of the world against them, IMHO.

Not only the whole world, but i think the own citizen itself would stand up and blaim theyr governement for such an act of terror (today it's hard to differentiate between "act of war" and "-of terror", sick world isn't it?).