Sign in to follow this  
twisted

please turn friendly markers on for a few weeks

Would you find freindly markers useful in the short term?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Would you find freindly markers useful in the short term?

• yes.
    • no.
    • stuff that i can tell the difference - so should everyone else. noobs!

Spacebar works fine for me.. My biggest gripe is dead enemy still show up as the same color. All of my TKs come from my own team member being in front of a dead body and when I hit spacebar, I see RED. After clearing out a town it's hard to tell if the dead truly are dead. And with your mates running around near those bodies it makes it even worse.

Color the dead a different shade and all would be well imo.

They really need to fix the spacebar "cheat" on expert difficulty. The lower difficulties are there for a reason...

TK's are going to be inevitable so long as people are running in front of you when engaging. Then they blame you when the first you noticed them was when they filled your zoomed in field of view.

They really need to fix the spacebar "cheat" on expert difficulty. The lower difficulties are there for a reason...

On sbsmacs mapmaking script he disables the space bar by giving u a black screen when u use it,,,,,,,,,,,,

Had to vote no. I like the spacebar identification method, although I was unaware that it worked through other stuff. Builtin wallhack I don't like :D I like to think of the spacebar as simulating 'doing that little extra to figure out friend or foe' before you open fire (in real life maybe you would squint your eyes to make a sharper picture to aid identification?). It would be insane to me to have it removed since the game then only becomes playable to those with rather extreme specs.

TKs will happen and does in real life, it's impossible to avoid. And I've done it myself. Deliberate TK'ing is a different matter and the perps should be identified maybe using mission mechanics/scripts?

It has nothing to do with specs. Even with the best computers (5000X1000 triplehead configurations aside), at default FOV settings, a man at 200-300 meters is only a few pixels. It's hard to tell the difference between him and a tree, not to mention between him and his enemy. Reducing the FOV via player.arma2profile helps a bit. I really want to call spacebar a cheat but then again it was put in the game by BIS so it's not a "real" cheat. But it's definitely not something you should have on expert difficulty when all unrealistic aids are supposed to be turned off.

Yeah ... it is becoming a MASSIVE crutch. Pretty much every other form of IFF is going out the window, being taken over by the "just hold the spacebar" method.

Seems like a pretty damn strong exploit to me, you can see things through houses, trees, terrain? Are you kidding me? That is a bug plain and simple.

put your server on rookie.. and you should get a red glow around your enemys :p

this game isnt about, shoot everything that moves.. you should take a look at what you aim at before fireing..

i voted last option :)