Sign in to follow this  
katua

How to use rifles with grenade launcher

in our server we keep crosshairs off, so can you show it with the crosshairs off using leaf sights

Hi, the stance do affect the range, it's most noticeable when prone; also the nades IRL should go further, the max range is 400m for the H&K79A, the GL under the H&K 33 or the CETME L. But the grenades are the same ones i think. Let's C ya

Speaking of range, the full auto 40 mm weapons like the Mk19 seems to have an extremely short range in the game.

It's supposed to have a range of about 1,5 km, right? I've never been able to fire anywhere close to that far in the game. I remember driving around in an AAV and finding the Mk19 quite useless other than at extremely close ranges.

the problem of GL is that the leaf/iron sights are not even line up with the center of the screen....

especially on GP25, it's actually aimed the left of the center...

GREN LAUNCHER MAX RANGE TESTS

It's our old friend the M16A4 M203 ACOG again, but this time the elevation is around 40 degrees-

gl-tks3-1.jpg

And this is how it looks, you have to elevate the weapon so much that the target area almost vanishes off the bottom of the monitor screen-

gl-tksx.gif

The setup: our guy is at the bottom and I've placed a string of trucks from 250m to 1km.

(trucks rather than civilians just for a change) I gave each truck zero fuel so they can't drive off.

gl-tks1.gif

There they are-

gl-tks2.jpg

Edited by PoorOldSpike

I get back on terra firma and fire all 8 grens at 40 degree angle then run up the road to see which trucks copped it.

this is the only one that was trashed, at the 400 metre mark. I don't know if it took a direct hit or whether a nearby blast got it.

(I couldn't screenshot the blasts because I couldn't see most of them, but I heard them)

Incidentally the driver bailed and started shooting at me, cheek!

In another test the blast only smashed his windscreen and he sat behind the steering wheel glaring at me. (drivers only usually bail and shoot if their vehicle is trashed)

gl-tks4.jpg

The wrecked truck has vanished from the map (circled)

gl-tks5.gif

I ran the test a few more times for confirmation, and the 400m truck was the only one that got hurt each time, this is how he looked before the shooting started-

gl-tks6.gif

SUMMARY- at around 40 degrees elevation, with the target almost off the bottom of our monitor screen, the M16A4 M203 ACOG's grens have a 400m range.

We might be able to squeeze a little more range out of them (possibly 450m) by elevating a few degrees higher, but our screen will be full of nothing but sky.

All in all, 400m is therefore the max effective range for this weapon, but other types of gren launcher might be different.

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Speaking of range, the full auto 40 mm weapons like the Mk19 seems to have an extremely short range in the game.

It's supposed to have a range of about 1,5 km, right? I've never been able to fire anywhere close to that far in the game. I remember driving around in an AAV and finding the Mk19 quite useless other than at extremely close ranges.

AFAIK they do have that sort of range, but the model in-game lacks the optics to see or hit anything way out there. The AGS-17 and AGS-30 are a different matter.

BIS chose to balance the U.S. and Russian by giving the latter optics on absolutely everything. And, well, plus the ridiculously unfair Vikhr and the loaded-for-bear SU-27

It was a while ago, but if I remember correctly, the problem was not the sights, but that the grenades couldn't reach all the way to the target I was trying to hit. The AAV gunner does have zoomed optics, right?

Anyway, maybe I will do a max range test on these weapons. If I do I will post the results here.

SUMMARY- at around 40 degrees elevation, with the target almost off the bottom of our monitor screen, the M16A4 M203 ACOG's grens have a 400m range.

We might be able to squeeze a little more range out of them (possibly 450m) by elevating a few degrees higher, but our screen will be full of nothing but sky.

All in all, 400m is therefore the max effective range for this weapon, but other types of gren launcher might be different.

That jives with the real weapon. It has a max range of 400m with an effective range for an area target of 350m and a point target effective range of 150m. 350m is a really long shot with a projectile that size and speed.

Maybe its been said but practice practice practice, I never use the iron sights except maybe to line up if i been drinkin. I make it my point to use 40mm everytime and youll be suprised at how well they hit after 500 shots hahahah!:cool:

As mentioned, practice. Nothing more satisfying then snapping off a quick 203 into a window... "Damm... Im good!!" (Duke Nukem Voice)

Good guide PoorOldSpike