Sign in to follow this  
Merad

Troubleshooting TrackIR in ArmA 2 / OA

Trackir does appear in my devices menu. It doesn't work in opfp dragon rising either.

This suggests it's a problem more at the TIR end rather than game end. Make sure you connect the device to the same USB port when playing as when you installed the application.

Hi

TrackIR 5 don´t work no more with ARMA 2.

The only things that I had change from the last time it works ok, was update to ARMA 2 last version 1.05 and automatic update A.C.E. 2.

Any help how to fix will be well come.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:32 PM ----------

Found it.

OPTOINS>CONTROLS>CONTROLLER>ENABLE.

Sorry

Hi,

When I play my own missions, everything is fine. I have tried a couple of missions that I downloaded and I soon get very sluggish response from my TrackIR5. I have to then quit out of the game and start Arma2 and TrackIR software again. Then it happens again.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

I think i understand the problem, looking left and right is absolutely fine, but when i look about 40 - 45 degrees up or down parts of the screen flicker and show me the centered view.

So say if i was looking up so far that my gun was out of view, the flickering would show my gun because it's centered, i tried to make a video to show you guys what i mean but when i use fraps the problem goes away...

This problem only occurs using TrackIR and only in Arma 2, i hope someone can help me.

Could it be that the Trackir camera looses sight of one of Your reflectors and centres the viewpoint? Open the trackir software in full screen view and look up, does one of the reflectors get obscured or go out of view by the camera?

Did you configured the different axis in your trackir-software completely right?- Only remember that some of my mates got this problem, if:

(a) they needed more adjustment in their trackir-config

(b) some of them only got the Vector Clip and too bright light sources in the backround interfered with the trackir-cam.

Perhaps my profile gives you a little help (important: I am using the TrackCLIP:PRO. It should not work very well if you have the normal TrackClip).

Make sure you have vsynch enabled... I ran into this a long time ago and discovered getting more than 120 fps will result in this effect. Trying to record it fixed the problem because it lowered your fps.

I think it is to do with frame rate you're right, i'm an old school cs guy so i refuse to enable vsync, but when i'm in areas of arma 2 where the frames are less i don't get the flickering (which is why fraps seemed to cure it).

Thanks Maverick :D

Hey guys,

I have been playing Arma II now for a while quite happily with my trackIR. However OA does not work which i assume has to do with the profile not recognizing the new executable. What I find strange though is that others who have OA have trackir working by default it's just recognized for them and works out of the box. This is a bit strange and I'm curious whether anyone can offer some suggestions.

Thank you

Is your TrackIR working in the TrackIR-configure-programm?

-If this is the case, go to Controller-menu in OA.-Deactivate and reactivate your Trackir-now it should work.

It's working fine for me too, have a look at your Controls, you have to acivate your TrackIR in there as you have to activate any joystick and everything.

Edit: Argh too slow =)

Merged a bunch of existing TrackIR troubleshooting threads together, all TrackIR issues should be discussed in this one thread :)

Is your TrackIR working in the TrackIR-configure-programm?

-If this is the case, go to Controller-menu in OA.-Deactivate and reactivate your Trackir-now it should work.

Yes it's showing up in game but the trackir software is not recognizing the game as a TrackIR enhanced game because the blue light is not coming on. I can activate and deactivate it in the menu though but to no avail.

edit* I just tried disabling and re-enabling it in game and it still did not work.

Edited by Fiddler of Stx

Yes it's showing up in game but the trackir software is not recognizing the game as a TrackIR enhanced game because the blue light is not coming on. I can activate and deactivate it in the menu though but to no avail.

edit* I just tried disabling and re-enabling it in game and it still did not work.

Thats really strange.

Talked to my teammates-we all do it this way and nobody get problems with it:

- Start you TrackIR-software on the desktop before you start OA

- Choose your TrackIR-profile which you want to use ingame, if you don´t bind it to arma² in the software already

- Start the game, TrackIR is now available normally.

It's odd so many people are struggling with this when I'm not. My TIR4 just works, the blue light does come on for me.

Ah just came to my mind:

Be sure to run the Games Update in your Track IR Software, that's responsible for recognizing installed applications on your rig.

Does anyone know how to get TrackIR working with ArmA2OA.exe? It doesn't recognize the new exe name and thus never turns on. I renamed ArmA2OA.exe to ArmA2.exe and it's working for now but I'd like not to have to use this hokey workaround?

Where does TrackIR keep its database of games/exe's?

I just ran the game in admin mode and it picked up the trackir and is now working. That may be why some have it working by default and some do not.

I renamed my default profile to _default, made a copy of my Arma2 profile and named that default, now the default profile is the same as the Arma2 one so Operation Arrowhead uses default. I'll change things back as soon as Natural Point release the game title update including it.

Ok, so I had this problem, and figured out a fix... (Steam Version)

TrackIR worked perfectly in it's own app, but when I was in-game, it didn't respond... I read a lot of responses saying that you should launch the TrackIr/Game in Admin mode... Did that to no avail... Then I realized maybe the problem was that I was only launching Arma 2 in Admin, from the desktop short cut.

The fix I found was to launch Steam in Admin mode as well, from the get-go. Basically you need to launch TrackIR in Admin. Then launch Steam in Admin. Then launch the game in Admin- but not sure if the last part is necessary at this point.

You may need to toggle the controller Enable button in the Arma 2 settings... Sometimes hitting Default kicked TrackIr into gear. This basically sets TrackIr back to its default settings, at which point you can Alt Tab back to TrackIr, and change the profile back to your liking, and switch back into Arma 2, where everything should be Kosher.

Hope this helps some people.

Centering TrackIR5 does not work after installing ACRE. Does anyone know anything about this?

ACRE seems to be blocking buttons which trigger something outside of ArmA2, since the Steam Community won't work anymore aswell.

qwasder: Do you start Arma as admin? I think you need to do that to use ACRE? It's basically the same problem that Op4 posted. When the application runs as admin others don't seem to be able to catch hotkeys. So start Steam, TrackIR, MouseSoftware, whatever as admin too.

As an additional obstacle: My TrackIR software reads the custom profiles from a different location when run as user/admin. I think the later was inside the program folder (if installed on c:\program files) and the former somewhere hidden in appdata.