Sign in to follow this  
Merad

Troubleshooting TrackIR in ArmA 2 / OA

no problems here either. Make sure the Trackir software is running BEFORE you start the game or you will have problems.

I use TIR4 with TIR5 software, W7 64.

It works fine with patch 1.05.

Try and alt/tab the game and confirm all settings in TIR are correct, and also try other profiles.

I'm able to alter TIR settings with games minimized with no issues, but the default profile works fine for me.

no problems here either. Make sure the Trackir software is running BEFORE you start the game or you will have problems.

THANKS for pointing out the OBVIOUS , of course its running before game starts

The PROBLEM comes with win xp 32 and ALT+TAB , using trackir software 4.1 37

Cheers guys..

It looked like a local problem here but I had to ask before I went too far down the worm hole.

I'll keep pounding on it from this end as I really miss the TIR (talk about a loss of situational awareness).

I do have the S/W running prior to app launch and I have disabled/re-enabled TIR in ArmA2 controller setup a few times to no avail but thank you for the ideas.

It does help just knowing no one else is experiencing this issue so I know where to focus my efforts.

Thanks again for the feedback and if I resolve things I'll report back here.

Enjoy...

Have you tried using the new 5.0 software? If that doesn't work, or if you'd prefer to use the 4.x software, you can contact our support dept. (support@naturalpoint.com) for more assistance.

Cheers guys..

It looked like a local problem here but I had to ask before I went too far down the worm hole.

I'll keep pounding on it from this end as I really miss the TIR (talk about a loss of situational awareness).

I do have the S/W running prior to app launch and I have disabled/re-enabled TIR in ArmA2 controller setup a few times to no avail but thank you for the ideas.

It does help just knowing no one else is experiencing this issue so I know where to focus my efforts.

Thanks again for the feedback and if I resolve things I'll report back here.

Enjoy...

If you have Vista, make sure that the TrackIR software and Arma 2 are both running on the same permission level (normal vs. admin). That's one possible issue.

Okay now I just feel stupid but it seems that the 1.05 update overwrote the ArmA2 exe and so it lost the 'Run as Admin' that it had prior to the update.

The shortcut I use for launch was set properly but the exe was not.

As soon as I posted here I figured it would be something dumb......right again..:j:

Cheers for the input and getting me to go recheck everything.

Bottom Line: TrackIR is back!

(sorry for the confusion)

I'm having trouble getting TrackIR to work

I have enable it within Arma 2 option menu and have TrackIR running in the background and the Green LED is Light up.

I'm running with the lateset Arma2 1.05 patch and also with the latest verison of TrackIR 5.0

My OS is windows Vista x64

I search there all the forums but can':confused:t see were I going wrong

Can some please help

I had this problem after the 1.05 update as well and it turned out to be the 'Run as Admin' option had not been selected for the actual ArmA2.exe file.

The update apparently overwrote the previous application and therefore it's settings so you might want to take a look.

Just go to the drive and folder where ArmA2 is installed then 'right click' on the arma2.exe file. Select 'Properties' and then 'Compatibility' to make sure the Privilege Level for 'Run this program as an administrator' has a check mark in the box to the left.

In any case that's what fixed my issue with TrackIR not working (no blue light on my TIR4) after updating to 1.05 for ArmA2 and hopefully it will either help you out or at least rule this out as a potential issue.

Note: This also may work with both TIR and ArmA2 set at the same Privilege Level (ie 'Run as Admin' is not selected for either of those apps) but I never tested it that way.

Best of Luck,

Edited by Akilez
typo

only thing that hasnt been said here i can think of is make sure you have trackir setup in your arma2 profile in the trackir software too?

As you can see, I am using win xp 32 as well and I alt-tab all the time and still no problems.

Most of the time IF is ALT+TAB , Trackir stops responding and you have

to kill arma2 and kill trackir and restart it for it to work again

Its a right pain in the arse :-(

I also Alt+Tab out a LOT and never have lost TIR.

Excuse me for pointing out the obvious but here's my setup:

-TIR4 w/5 s/w

- Application .exe is set to 'Run as Admin'

- TIR is activated in A2 controller setup

- I do have profile for A2 in the TIR s/w but even the default profile will provide functionality.

And I think that's it. My issue was not re-enabling the 'Run as Admin' option on the actual arma2.exe file after the 1.05 update.

Good Luck and sorry I couldn't be more help

Thanks for the reply.

I tried both running with as Admin, and both without, with no joy.

Can you sugguest anything else. I'm running out of Ideas.

Running 1.05 with trackir 5.0 software no problem at all... first of all, have you ever gotten it working in arma2 before 1.05?

I've never got trackir and arma2 working together. I try it on arma and see if it works

I've never got trackir and arma2 working together. I try it on arma and see if it works

Well if doesnt work you may try to disconnect the trackIR camera USB cable from your PC, wait a few secs and connect again, then launch the trackIR5 software and try in game.

Have you enabled it in the settings? (not sure you have to do this with TrackIR, but I had to for freetrack to work)

Go into controls on the main menu, then go into controller (it's along the bottom) All your devices should be listed in the box, highlight the TrackIR device and then click the enble button (it's on the bottom again) TrackIR should now work in game.

Sorry if I come accross as trying to tech granny to suck eggs, but I had to do this to get my FreeTrack setup to work (took me aged to figure it out) DUH!!

Hope this helps

SD

Thanks to everyone helping me with this issue. I have controller active with in the game. Trackir does appear in my devices menu. It doesn't work in opfp dragon rising either. The camera works fine within the trackir software. I have also diconnected the camera and reconnected without any joy

Trackir does appear in my devices menu.

In Device Manager, is it listed as TrackIR or NaturalPoint Device?

If it's TrackIR, just right click it and choose "Update Driver Software".

If you have already installed TIR5 software, the above procedure will pick it up automatically and change it from TrackIR to NaturalPoint Device.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear
am typo's

Thanks to all for your help. I have tried all different soluation listed in the post without any success. I've also tested in opfp dragon rising but with no joy. Anyone have any other ideas? Trackir is listed in the devices and the drivers are up to date.:(

@Disney... if you tried more than one game, your software is properly installed and you have never gotten it to work before, I only have the final piece of bad news for you... you probably bought a faulty unit.

(assuming you are proficient with installing hardware to your computer and assuming you know how to plug things in properly)

Edited by jasonnoguchi