Sign in to follow this  
afp

Minimal crosshair

Hmm, I've noticed this overall great mod spoils S8Launcher weapon by breaking class inheritance.

In A2 it's base class is 80mmLauncher, not RocketPods.

Currently You have in Your config:

class S8Launcher : RocketPods {
	cursorAim = "\MinimalCrosshair\data\minimal_crosshair.paa";
};

Instead it should be written behind 80mmLauncher class:

class S8Launcher : 80mmLauncher {
	cursorAim = "\MinimalCrosshair\data\minimal_crosshair.paa";
};

Best regards!

Could you add a bit of transparency to your minimal crosshair? Say 75% of opacity? Or could you tell me if i can do it myself ?

Thanks zGuba, sorry for the late answer guys. Fixed the launcher and updated the first post with the new download link.

@bouben - you can edit the config file yourself and remove launcher crosshair restriction. But I really think the crosshair for launcher is a bit unrealistic.

@Rome - unpack the pbo file with cpbo.exe tool, edit the .paa file with photoshop (need an addon), set any color / transparency you want then pack it back with cpbo.exe.

Three small requests:

1) 4 line diagonal, without colinear lines, making it very hard to "calculate" center.

2) Key files for addon and server.

3) Make it so that it doesn't remove the BMP side gunners crosshairs, it's unfortunately the only sight they have.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Can you possibly add two more functions to your crosshairs mod. 1st is being able to completely remove it. Reason being there are players who want that realism to there game play and others who want there crosshairs. There always seems to be a dispute amongst players from tourny leagues. 2nd function would be to change the color of the crosshair, at times the green color blends to well with the background forest loosing track of the crosshair, adding some color options to change like yellow, red.....ect would be nice. I think these two options would greatly complete your much need mod.

Good job by the way.

Edited by DarkSide Six

Hey! Hi. I just came in here to say one thing:

THIS! THIS ONE IS THE BEST MOD!

I don't care if everything else is vanilla but this is a MUST HAVE for me!

My major problem with Arma was the super accurate floating crosshair. This one is just perfect and optimizes the gaming experience.

1. It's not SUPER ACCURATE

2. It's not intrusive and you hardly ever notice it. It is just an indication of direction.

3. It's the right size. It's kinda useful to use in short range (especially with a machine gun where you can spray and pray) and totally useless for mid to far ranges. That makes you use your ironsights or scope when you have to.

4. It enables you to use crates, door and stuff without trouble.

5. It's much better than not having a crosshair at all. You can see where your sniper rifle is pointing etc

6. I FAKKEN love it.

Thanks for making it.

Hey! Hi. I just came in here to say one thing:

THIS! THIS ONE IS THE BEST MOD!

I don't care if everything else is vanilla but this is a MUST HAVE for me!

My major problem with Arma was the super accurate floating crosshair. This one is just perfect and optimizes the gaming experience.

1. It's not SUPER ACCURATE

2. It's not intrusive and you hardly ever notice it. It is just an indication of direction.

3. It's the right size. It's kinda useful to use in short range (especially with a machine gun where you can spray and pray) and totally useless for mid to far ranges. That makes you use your ironsights or scope when you have to.

4. It enables you to use crates, door and stuff without trouble.

5. It's much better than not having a crosshair at all. You can see where your sniper rifle is pointing etc

6. I FAKKEN love it.

Thanks for making it.

Back after a while guys, I hope the cursor will be integrated in bigger mods so no further development so far.

Thanks very much, master_gamawa :))

I agree.

It would be great if this could be integrated into ACE.

Or better still, integrated but with an easy (in-game menu?) option for turning it off.

Even better still, with an option to for servers to force it client-side (all players on the server must use that option, to avoid imbalances).

Possible?

If so, how hard?

On several people request I have added server keys. Check the first post in this thread for the last version, the download link has been updated.

The installation instructions are really vague. Can you please elaborate for a complete noob? Or is there a 'how to install mods' thread you can link me to?

Thank you.

The installation instructions are really vague. Can you please elaborate for a complete noob? Or is there a 'how to install mods' thread you can link me to?

Thank you.

Check this (and skip first method as recommended):

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

On several people request I have added server keys. Check the first post in this thread for the last version, the download link has been updated.

Could somebody mirror this as the mediafire link aint working :(

Or would somebody be kind enough to email 1.04 to me please?

Edited by Mandrake5

sorry to bump this, but I really don't like playing without this mod!

Is there anyone out there who could email me the 1.04 zip file? (email in sig)

Edited by Mandrake5

Great mod afp!

Would it be possible to go a step further and make it completely blank so it would be like having no crossahairs at all?

The reason would be to keep the name tags which only works with crossahair active but effectively removing the crossahairs.

Cheers,

ED