Sign in to follow this  
mad rabbit

PvP: An Endangered Species

Why do you think there is a lack of servers running ArmA2 PvP maps?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think there is a lack of servers running ArmA2 PvP maps?

• No-one else wants to play PvP.
    • PvP maps run on a server but no-one joins as there are too few players on the map.
    • Servers are dominated by CO-OP (i.e. Evolution or Domination) maps.
    • There is a lack of good PvP multiplayer maps available.
    • There are good PvP multiplayer maps available but they're too complex.

You're both welcome.

If I had some sort of awesome psychic power that could project my will unto others - and control servers with pure thought - I'm sure that the world would be a better place.

You're both welcome.

If I had some sort of awesome psychic power that could project my will unto others - and control servers with pure thought - I'm sure that the world would be a better place.

Only for you. How did you grow up to be so self-centered?

Forums helped.

I often sit up all night pondering about how on earth people interpret posts and twist them into something I never even thought about, only to come to a startling conclusion: either I'm an idiot or I'm the only sane person around.

On another note, lots of CTI/HOLD map in the list, I only found one decent (and working, one had me spawn as a bloody crow) Domination server with more than 8 people on and that was an unmoderated mess anyway. Some Russian Evo servers, but ugh... Russian... As soon as someone VOIP I run away.

People often understand what they want to understand, rather than actually try to understand what the poster actually meant. That's why I usually try to be as clear as possible, but that doesn't always work.

Guess it's time for my post. ARMA 2 is a very fun game. I would rather fight a human player in short rounds to just feel the sense of accomplishment and competition. I enjoy TDM, CH with objective and no respawns, and some DM's - Celerys are fun for a change of pace. AAS for sure when I feel like it.

Coops I like as the occasional games to play aside. I understand ARMA is a military sim and a very good one at that. It's all opinion and my opinion is I get more enjoyment out of a server with 8-32 players going against each other with not alot of thought needed to fight. When I want to think more I will opt for a coop. Some coops are very well put together, but I only go for them when I want a change of pace. Primarily it's PVP for me.

Does anyone have any screenshots of the "smaller" maps? And when we say "map", we aren't talking about a mission, are we? My definition of a map is the one that come default with that game. I keep forgetting the name of it.

And when we say "map", we aren't talking about a mission, are we?

It depends on the context. In this one it's pretty easy to figure out.