Sign in to follow this  
{SAS}Silentkiller

Some genuine patch 1.03 information

I do not think stating that BiS should focus on the campaign is going to help, a hell of alot of players still cannot play the game as a whole due to CTD's, overall stability is still the main focus.

A few of my friends have purchased this game on my recommendation, and they cannot play with me for longer than 20 mins in a game without crashing to desktop. (both have dual 295's with i7 920's and running on Win 7)

They are losing patience and have decided to leave the game alone in favour of others untill the CTD problem is addressed.

The game, as a whole being playable should rank before specifically, the campaign being improved.

Edited by Sabrefox

thirded.

I second that.

I made an AmrA 2 thread at my local community gaming forums to get people interested. Users who bought the game are now complaining about the show-stopping bugs in the single player campaign. I don't think I can calm them much unless BI announce plans to address the single player campaign issues ASAP.

ps - BIS, you should take a look at how creative assembly do things with ETW patch status updates.

Quite "funny" to see everyone's (completely divergent) priority and how whatever BI do, there will be unhappy people. "But.... but.... it's feature X that needed priority, not feature Y that no one uses!!!"

Be ready for more cries when 1.03 gets out, there WILL be unhappy people, guaranteed

Too many to fix for such a broad game, player types, and broad panel of bugs, all in one patch

1.03 won't be enough and won't be final.

I'm wondering what's the needed minimum to make it worth releasing. I'd bet campaign fixes, AI fixes (mainly grass layer, and audio detection), and performances/stability, but that's my subjective opinion

Maybe they could finally fix The Random Lockup issue?

Quite "funny" to see everyone's (completely divergent) priority and how whatever BI do, there will be unhappy people. "But.... but.... it's feature X that needed priority, not feature Y that no one uses!!!"

Be ready for more cries when 1.03 gets out, there WILL be unhappy people, guaranteed

Too many to fix for such a broad game, player types, and broad panel of bugs, all in one patch

I'm wondering what's the needed minimum to make it worth releasing. I'd bet campaign fixes, AI fixes (mainly grass layer, and audio detection), and performances/stability, but that's my subjective opinion

Aha, the voice of reason. Yep, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

We all know it's going to take a bit of time to get everything working as it should, which is not necessarily how everyone would like it to be. Let's just continue to feedback objectively on what definitely isn't working properly and accept that the team are doing their level best to fix it.

Placebo, thanks for giving us at least some information to chew on and if you can nudge the rest of the team for an update now and again it would be appreciated ;)

P

Not giving advises, but my list in categories would be:

1st: all TTs related to BSOD, CTD, Receiving..., whatever is hindering from playing in general

2nd: all functional issues mainly requested by the modder/scripter/addonmaker

3rd: all those tiny configuration issues of objects and weapons. BIS could ask ACE mod for assistance, because if BIS is not fixing odd addonconfigs ACE would have to do it anyway :cool: and ACE always made the weapon park playable.

IMO they should only be working on:

1. Crash's/Failures/BSOD's

2. Performance optimization

I bet you half the dev team are working on an exspansion, that way they will have everything fixed just in time to grab more of our money :mad:

And people wonder why we don't release patch logs........