Sign in to follow this  
GunnDawg09

Warfare in SP

Merged into existing thread which covers your question, please search before posting :)

Sounds awesome :)

I have a feeling this will be a very addicting online game.

The word is addictive.

" Addicting is not a real word but thousands of retards have begun using it"

;)

Luhgnut;1392035']It's called "SuperPowers" in Arma2. Basically the same as "Warfare" but I think BIS renamed it to try and cut down on the confusion.

But' date=' there are several flavors of Warfare out there. Personally I like CRCTI version. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5862...

I feel really dumb right now, since the campaign is fubar for me, I've been using the editor for hours on end.

Thanks for letting us know about the Superpowers thing, I honestly had no idea it was there. I'm having a ton of fun, although I get drastic reduction in performance probably because of all the stuff going on and have to lower all my graphics to low, when in the editor making small scale battles I run everything on high.

It is a ton of fun but slow going once you get started. Other than that the "Superpowers" is incredible. Again, they should have screwed the campaign and worked on this as the full feature single player aspect of the game with more detail and features, in addition to multiplayer, which goes hand in hand with Superpowers.

Oh well, this is fun, with the editor and Superpowers, why did they even feel the need to make a Campaign, I doubt I'll go to it because of the worries I'll invest time and just get stuck in a bug like all the other BIS Campaigns.

Anyways, thanks again and it's a ton of fun doing this game mode, wish I found it sooner!

It's a counterintuitive, hidden system that chooses what weapons and and units you are able to buy at any given time or location, and seems to choose randomly how long it takes to capture said location. It sometimes plays like a game of Whack-a-Mole as you try to hold down every village in a 20 square mile battlefield with a single squad.

At least, that's my experience with Bear Rising and Freedom Fighters.

Vote yourself as commander in the map and then you can tell the other squad leaders where to attack (when you press the drop box key).

Alternatively vote the AI as commander and have the AI commander order all of the squad leads around.

Is it true that another form of Warfare is yet to be released by BIS in a patch?

On another forum a die hard ARMA fan says that the real warfare has not been released yet....?

yapa

How does one play a game of warfare?

In ARMA, I would create a LAN multiplayer game, and it was on the missions list.

This doesn't seem to be the case, in ARMA2. How do you go about starting a Warfare match?

In ARMA, I would create a LAN multiplayer game, and it was on the missions list.

This doesn't seem to be the case, in ARMA2. How do you go about starting a Warfare match?

After you did any kind of mpmission on a dedicated server you you may copy the mission file from your personal AA2 file ("personal data") into the mpmissions files.

After this you can launch the game "offline".

Create a game with Superpowers.

I've been playing "War Welcome" in SP & MP. Nice idea but I'm getting confused - sometimes I can't buy units. I have enough money and I have the relevant building intact (eg. heavy vehicles factory) but it when I double click the unit I want, nothing happens and it doesn't queue. Is this for a reason or is it a bug? v1.05 vanilla.

Also, in MP, can other players join a player's squad or must each human player be a squad leader?

I believe Warfare missions have what people around here refer to as the 'reinitilisation' bug which eventually happens in Warfare missions.

Results in a players 'slot' becoming bugged and being unable to purchase new weapons or units.

When the bug happens you can often leave and come back later and try buying again, doesn't always work though. The bug seems more common in 1.05

ive tried playing the warfare on lan but i found after about ten mins the cpu started to lock up and lag. so i tried playing the mission with the resistance off but recived the same result. any tips on how to stop this ??