Sign in to follow this  
Fortran

A-10 CamoPack - [9 New A-10 Textures]

Thanks guys :)

@Simon: eddyD posted some screens with a great mouth texture design here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1362488&postcount=18 he has offered them for me to use so once I get them from him I will try do one.

@Kju: Actually working on a couple of things..first one is finish porting the BIS Mlod A-10 over and am also going to try incorporate the flight model demonstrator re-work into it done by RockofSL here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=70;t=73342;st=0

2nd: am actually working on an F-117A Nighthawk at the moment which will (hopefully) be my first foray into importing one of my own models into ARMA2 and getting it flying. Know it's not exactly the most practical aircraft for the ARMA world lol but I modelled it a while back and have been trying to find an excuse to finish it for something, so fingers crossed..although just from looking over the A-10 BIS model for a number of hours I can tell it's going to be quite a big job for somebody new to the engine.

Anyway thanks again guys, and thanks again Kju for the config mate.

ohh the dirtied up one in the second row bottom looks awesome :)

Can't wait to see it up close when i get home in a couple of weeks :D

This easy and elegant texture replacement technique obviously works only for some models.

I tried to do a replacement texture for the blackhawk, but my efforts to get it working failed, despite using the same config pattern as in your addon here. When I did a new texture for the A10, it was of course ugly (I had invested only a few seconds of photoshop work^^), but worked fine, so I assume that my blackhawk textures are technically ok as well.

Is there any way to tell which models allow texture replacement like this and which ones don't?

Check: ARMA2 Texturing Tip posted JasonO

A very good and complete tutorial on how RETEX are done in A2 now.

Thanks for the link!

I had already tried the setObjectTexture function on the MH60 before, but with the same effect, i.e. none.

But that list really helps, not for the Blackhawk, but at least I know on which vehicles I can concentrate my painting efforts for the time being. I hope BIS will put selections into all models eventually.

Anybody know how to make SecOps generated A10s have one of these camo schemes? Would there be a way of setting up a trigger to recognise them and add setobjectexture to their init?

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem and in need of help. I tried to use this in a mission I edited, but I can't see the a10 now only the canopy, pilot floating in the air and armament are visible. I get the error can not render A10 something .paa

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by pigglywiggly
N/A

Great work!!

But a little bit difficult because ArmA2 won't accept the new A10 textures.:confused::confused:

We need an update!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem and in need of help. I tried to use this in a mission I edited, but I can't see the a10 now only the canopy, pilot floating in the air and armament are visible. I get the error can not render A10 something .paa

I have the same problem too!!:mad::mad::mad:

I think there are some errors in the paa texture files!!!

WE NEED AN UPDATE SOON AS POSSIBLE !!!!:cool

Can you describe exactly what your doing to install the A-10 texture and which exact texture are you attempting to use. I cannot replicate this problem.

Great work!!

But a little bit difficult because ArmA2 won't accept the new A10 textures.:confused::confused:

We need an update!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

They are made for ArmA2, again please describe how you are attempting to install the A-10 camo textures and which exact texture your attempting to use. Aside from yourself and pigglywiggly nobody is experiencing the same problem and I cannot replicate this error here.

Also to both of you, which method are you using ? The replacement method or the substitution init line setObjectTexture method.

Edited by Fortran

@guys with problems using the textures

are you changing the camo* to camo1 or camo2, etc.?

this setObjectTexture [0,"\a10camo\camo*_a10_01.paa"];this setObjectTexture [1,"\a10camo\camo*_a10_02.paa"];

Will give you an invisible A10, but

this setObjectTexture [0,"\a10camo\camo1_a10_01.paa"];this setObjectTexture [1,"\a10camo\camo1_a10_02.paa"];

Will be a retextured A10, make sure you've got camo1 - camo7 in there and it should be fine

hey Fortran im having problems as well. I tried both option 1 and it didn't automatically skin the a10 then i tried alternative method 1, i have the main files in the mod> addons folder but should i also put all the replacement files in there? or just the skin i want?

If your using the replacement method you will need to have the following files in your Mod/Addon directory.

a10camo.pbo

a10camo.pbo.FORTRANMOD.bisign

The a10camo.pbo file holds ALL the textures. As well as this you will also need the following 2 files as well:

a10_camo6_config.pbo

a10_camo6_config.pbo.FORTRANMOD.bisign

(where the number ie.6 in this example is the number of the camo you want to use)

a10_camo(number)_config.pbo is the file that tells ARMA2 with which texture to reskin the A-10 with.

So if I wanted to replace the A-10 with Camo number 4 I would have these files in my mod/addon directory:

a10camo.pbo

a10camo.pbo.FORTRANMOD.bisign

a10_camo4_config.pbo

a10_camo4_config.pbo.FORTRANMOD.bisign

Ok for anybody having problems with how to install the replacement texture here is a step by step:

STEP1_TH.jpg

STEP2_TH.jpg

STEP3_TH.jpg

STEP4_TH.jpg

Good stuff, glad you got it working :). No other skinning projects at the moment I'm afraid, currently working on an F-117A Nighthawk which is about 70% completed so will be releasing that next.

Really Nice CAMO Texture :)

Hope to see other Fortran works :)

;) :bounce3:

Excellent work. I do have a suggestion and one question, though.

Could we get a few green/European camo styles in a future update?

Is there a way to automatically assign a texture to all A-10s via script? I'm trying to create a multiplayer Combined Operations warfare-style mission, but I don't want this mod to be a requirement to play the mission. Essentially, I want to set it up where the original ArmA2 A-10 sticks with the original skin, but the OA A-10 (A10_US_EP1) uses one of the desert skins.