Sign in to follow this  
An-225

Aerial Refueling

It may be rather pointless due to the limited size of the map, but this would be an interesting concept...

Is it possible to adapt the C-130 model into a KC-130 by adding the extra fuel tanks to the wings, and give it the attributes of a fuel truck, so that anything nearby will refuel from it, while using attachTo to have the V-22 'hook up' with the drogue in real time?

I've seen a few cargo scripts that allow you to load vehicles into the C-130, so surely that could be adapted to allow the V-22 to link up with the KC-130.

I'm sure you could just have a very small area around the refueling nozzle so you wouldn't even need any scripts to actually attatch the two aircraft so essentially the planes/aircraft would have to be how they would be in RL for it to be counting as "refueling".

And sooner or later someone will make a massive map :)

Edited by STALKERGB

I was looking for an old OFP script that allows tanks to be dropped out of the C130 and I found this I posted it to the ACE2 thread because I was hoping the scripts for this addon would be incorporated into their mod, maybe you can use them too since this has arial refueling.

Yes, this is possible to do in a number of ways depending on how you want it done. The real problem is multiplayer compatability; it can be difficult to accomplish due to warping.

hello all

Just to say, with the "infinate" (?) map you could spend as much time (fuel allowing :) ) to line up and refuel. Might take a while to get back to target though.

But then again, isnt that all part of being a pilot?

rgds

LoK

I'm sure you could just have a very small area around the refueling nozzle so you wouldn't even need any scripts to actually attatch the two aircraft so essentially the planes/aircraft would have to be how they would be in RL for it to be counting as "refueling".

AFAIK refueling starts only if you are "stationary" (relative to fuel truck), as soon you wobble just a bit, refueling stops (had this often when refueling choppers while hovering above a fuel truck). I doubt you can keep a plane "stationary" enough to make it happen.

Yes, but in real life the probe connects to the drogue and may be put through a number of maneuvers depending on wind buffet and pilot error, yet the fuel still flows. Its better to attach the two aircraft together.

Orlok, the problem isn't the amount of space you have to connect to the tanker airplane, its the fact that you'll hardly run out of fuel on such a small map.

Read his last line :D:D:D:D:D

I'm guessing it would work like this:

C-130 (placeholder) is flying, jet one comes up for refuel, when close enough the copilot can attach the jet to the c-130, to keep it simple you could simply have something that waits for ~15 seconds then does setfuel 1, copilot disconnects the jet and off they go.

It could be quite usefull since clans that want to have proper air vehicle teamwork can use Big Dawg's fuel consumption syntax to make CAP aircraft having to refuel more often.

howard, yeah.. that would be the basic.. adding some automatic detatch if the c130 change speed, banking or direction to much.. or simply if it gets destroyed and it would be very nice. Work with default vehicles.. and maybe in ACE2 or something we could see some third party models but be to be honest, we don't really need that do we.

Guess we will see this in domination/evolution style missions soon...

Provided soemone makes the proper tanker model, it shouldn't be very difficult at all to do. If you want to do it really right though you might have to modify the aircraft (that are being refueled) themselves.

hey guys i should have posted on here sooner but i have a wip kc-130 addon...it has the tanks and fuel hoses...just needs some animations and a simple script..if anyone wants to help please pm me! it will be for arma2!!!