Sign in to follow this  
TangoRomeo

TRSM Tracked Vehicles Sound mod (WSS+signed update)

DL-Link:

Tracked Vehicles 1.0 (.wss Edition)

=====

About

=====

Audio Replacement for Tracked Vehicles with emphasis on realism

=============

Compatibility

=============

Tested with

GE DVD Release of Armed Assault 2 V. 1.02

Vista 32

X-FI Music

Mordaunt Short MS 902 Bookshelf Speakers

Sony MDR-V700 Headphones

C A U T I O N

May be incompatible with other soundmods.

Contains low frequency samples - some speakers/ headphones may not be able to reproduce the frequency spectrum.

===================

Contents

===================

Package content:

trsm_tracked_vehicles_cfg.pbo

trsm_tracked_vehicles.pbo

trsm_tracked_vehicles_cfg.pbo.TRSM.bisign

trsm_tracked_vehicles.pbo.TRSM.bisign

102 audio files in 44100Hz

this readme

============

INSTALLATION

============

1. Extract/copy the content TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles.zip into your Arma2 root folder.

2. Add "-mod=@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles" (w/o quotation marks) to the target line of your Arma2 shortcut. Example: E:\Arma2\arma2.exe -mod=@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles

3. Start the game by doubleclicking on your shortcut.

===========

Tips

===========

For best sound experience use quality headphones

SFX volume can be adjusted in the options menu to suit your personal taste

============

Credits

============

I dedicate this to Bohemia Interactive and thank them for creating Armed Assault 2.

TangoRomeo 2009

Edited by Dwarden

Are you interested to make it compatible to other sound packs?

I don't want to be out of line here, but it seems that a couple of the sound modders focusing on the specific things, this guy on tracked vehicles, RH has his air vehicles. . . Could it not be joined together into one single sound mod seeing as these guys already have their area they are working in? And to emphasize, I'm not telling you what to do, just floating the idea out there....

<ON TOPIC>

I am downloading it right now, and will try it out with my speakers and headphones and tell you my opinion. It's been about a year since I've heard abrams roll past me, but I'll give it my best shot. :D

ok)

thanx alot for you hard job))

planning somethin new later???

maybe wheeled vehicles??

Edited by nikita320106

Tanks a lot ;) These sounds are excellent and huge impact on the immersion. A must have.

A very nice addition, it really pumps up the immersion for me, well done

Awesome mod man!

Front paged on Aus Arma, unfortunately I have no hosting space for it though :(

Thank you!

Hope you´ve as much fun playing as i had making it. :D

@ nikita320106

current plan is to eventually improve on it, depending on user input (especially those who operated the respective vehicles), and new raw material becoming available. For a new project wheeled vehicles are also on the roadmap.

Congratulations my friend superb work !

I'm really chuffed with this, it sounds awesome my only 'issue' if thats what you could call it is that you've used OGG. format, which is open to compression. Have you considered using WSS. format its a direct conversion of WAV. which as you know is raw an uncompressed. If your interested mate I have a good OGG/WAV/LIP/WSS convertor, it would take about 5 minutes to convert them over and re pbo. To be honest, most people probly wouldn't notice but I figure you maybe interested in trying it out for yourself :)

Other than that, which is tiny tiny tiny thing, this rocks my world.

A pint on me if your ever verture to Coventry :)

EDIT:

A link to the conversion software I use

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=178&game=OFP

Btw, It was made for good ol' OFP, but despite some peoples issues using 'older' software this is a fantastic bit of kit for us sound modders. Every single HiFi sound has been through my copy an I've never had an issue :)

Edited by Mark XIII
Sharing

Cheers Mark! :D I´ll get back to your offer - even though the british are barbarians when it comes to beer culture. :D

Yepp, i tried both, .wss and .wav. For .wss conversion i used a tool called wssdec.exe with custom batch conversion. I still have all files as .wav format sitting my HDD, size is about 75mb vs. 17mb (.ogg). Imho using .wss/.wav instead of .ogg didn't yield a noticeable increase of sound quality, but your mileage may vary of coarse. If there's a request it wouldn't be a huge effort doing also a .wss/.wav package.

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

8080205.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Wss is best engine wise. This alone might not be noticeable, yet it can add up.

In low fps situations you may hear a difference.

Ahh cool mate, I tried that wssdec myself along time ago and found soundlab just abit better for me I guess. Glad to see you've tried the formats too. As regards to the OGG format I tend to hear it distorting will high volume low end sound. But again this is myself playing with the volume set to 'stupid' :)

Like I said before, its not a big issue for me matey, after all most of HiFi has been packed down to 22khz at finalization so the size/quality thing is always a challenge. I recall people losing entire soundscapes when playing with my 1st release all because I wanted both 44khz SR and Uncompressed WSS files, the result was a massive memory hit since some of the smallarms alone weighed in at over 1mb each. Which by todays standards isn't much but when you consider the size of BIS games and the amount of units etc it soon hits home how much it hammers the system. hehehe I learnt my lesson back then..Smaller is better :)

These days I'm happy if A2 loads after I've made something for it ;)

Anyways mate, Great stuff and thanks for the quick reply

Edited by Mark XIII
spelligngng

What I've heard so far is excellent, thank you for your work.

Are you interested to make it compatible to other sound packs?

Would love to see this and RH's chopper sounds modularised as you've proposed but locking the thread and linking instead to a totally empty page on dev-heaven isn't exactly promoting your (otherwise excellent) mST initiative.

Cant wait to try this out! Will this work alongside RH's helo sounds?

Edited by *TCF*Jackal

TangoRomeo,

you're my hero.

:D

There's no way anyone can beat these sounds.

Thanks for this, I'm hoping to see hear more from you soon!

also, Tracked Vehicles Sound mod and RH heli sounds work well together, both soundmods work ingame and there's no ingame errors from what I've seen so far.

also, Tracked Vehicles Sound mod and RH heli sounds work well together, both soundmods work ingame and there's no ingame errors from what I've seen so far.

Splendid!

I really like the M1a1 sound, very impressive! But doesn't it seem odd that the tank gun is quieter than the engine running lol ? Did you not mess with the main gun sound at all? If not ok, I can understand it being off. And also I was wondering did you modify ALL tracked vehicles?

Excellent high quality sounds! :) Very well done.

Guessing either its my crappy Audigy2 but the volume or range as you stated makes it crack up a bit. ARMA2 seems to do that by its own though when loud/too much happens and the sounds "crackles". Noticed also the turret sound if used long enough will have a hearable "loop end". That is easy fixable though.

All in all - Super high quality and well done work! Thanks.

Alex