Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH heli sounds 1.01

you don't habe to disable VOP, but maybe you have an older Version of it?

The newest is definitly compatible with RH.

Well dump.no seems down atm.

Here is a mirror:

http://ifile.it/nmewlx0

Not sure about the changes here. You can use a diff app to find out.

Most times its removing obsolete values as only new/different values are to be defined,

while most do faulty copy complete BI configs and modify based on that.

What is the target line stuff. Seems you did not put it in the readme or one this forum topic. Can't get it to work without the targetline thing.

Please make some sounds for the HWM / PMC Apache, thanks!

Please make some sounds for the HWM / PMC Apache, thanks!

And the released MI-28

For AH-64 i got alot sounds that will be np ,but for Mi-28 i have not much and not good quality. I dunno why on youtube ,theres no good video with mi28 , i founded some 2 ,but sound quality is very low :(

Edited by RobertHammer

For AH-64 i got alot sounds that will be np ,but for Mi-28 i have not much and not good quality. I dunno why on youtube ,theres no good video with mi28 , i founded some 2 ,but sound quality is very low :(

Could you then make some sounds for the Apache?

You're probably gonna have to do what I did with my mod, find the helicopter with the closest rotor system and engines to the mi-28 and use that. I bet you it doesn't sound that much different than an mi-24.

New video of testing sounds AH64 (little crappy camera man lol)

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLx05FXIL7c&hl=cs&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLx05FXIL7c&hl=cs&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Next will be CH-47 sounds :cool:

Nice work Robert!

Can we see one gunning it at full speed, please please can we can we :)

Thx Mark , maybe later i will do another video :)

btw CH47 test sound

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID44QuRvtTo&hl=cs&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID44QuRvtTo&hl=cs&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

sry theres distortion bug in 1st flyby sry again :/

Wow, once again, they just sound so good.

One question, are the engine-off sounds looped with the game diminishing the pitch or is it one sound-bite played from start to end? The reason I ask is, if it's the latter, I wonder if it might be possible to pre-mix a smoother transition by cross-fading from a little of the engine run sound at the start?

Hi, great mod, thank you very much.

I am running this with VOP and TRSM Tracked, and I'm finding the helicopter sounds to be quiet relative to the other sounds. Is there a way to adjust the volume of the helicopters?

I'm also curious if anyone else has noticed this or if it is just in my head.

Ok for the 3rd time. I would appreciate someone answering me what the target line info for this mod is. Come on guys this is getting ridiculous.

The question makes no sense, it depends where you install it, if you'd spent the same energy reading up on how to install mods as you have bleating for a spoon-feed you'd have it working by now.

One question, are the engine-off sounds looped with the game diminishing the pitch or is it one sound-bite played from start to end?

Those start up/shut down sounds are one sound-bite played from start to end

The reason I ask is, if it's the latter, I wonder if it might be possible to pre-mix a smoother transition by cross-fading from a little of the engine run sound at the start?
Maybe, dunno

The question makes no sense, it depends where you install it, if you'd spent the same energy reading up on how to install mods as you have bleating for a spoon-feed you'd have it working by now.

WOW.... Ok so what does me installing mods properly have to do with the target line??? I put the mod where it needs to go in my Arma2 addon folder but for it too work it needs to have a targetline. Now I just wanted to know what it would be. In your little rant about me not having enough knowledge to install the mod properly you could have just helped someone out but you chose to be a dick about it. Thanks. Cause I won't be using this mod then. Oh well. All the other mods I have had were kind enough to put how to install it with the target line included in the Readme where usually instructions. Since there wasn't any info there I came here to ask and instead getting a quick reply on how too I get a idiotic response about what Im not doing right. Grow up man.

The target line is for a new shortcut for the desktop icon and you go to properties and put whatever the thing is suppose to be like "-mod=@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles" and then your mod will work properly. That is all I want. I don't think that is too much to ask. Well obviously it is.

Edited by Hauler

Chill out, man.

In your example target line:

-mod=@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles

The bolded part is the name of the mod in your main ARMA2 folder. If you already installed the heli sounds, then you propably have a folder in your main ARMA2 folder called @Heli_sounds(or something like that). So just put that in the target line instead of @TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles.

WOW.... Ok so what does me installing mods properly have to do with the target line???

Knowing how to install a mod, is directly proportional to knowing how to complete a target line.

This is the standard way to enter a mod into the target line.

"C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3

Knowing how to installing a mod means you know how to copy it into the correct folders, and also that you know how to edit a target line.

Now as regards to THIS mod, when you download it you have a zip that contains a folder called 'RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01'

Now heres the hard part. Inside your arma2 folder create a folder called '@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01'

"C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01"

Now inside that create a folder called 'addons'

"C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01\addons"

Then copy all the files from the original RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01.7z into

"C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01\addons"

So that you then have the following structure

C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01\addons
C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01\addons\rh_hindsound.pbo
C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01\addons\rh_hindsound.pbo.RHI.bisign
C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01\addons\rhsound_c.pbo
C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01\addons\rhsound_c.pbo.RHI.bisign

The RHI.bikey file is only for server admins, and needs to be copied to the server in this location.

"C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\keys\RHI.bikey"

Once you do all that THEN you have to change your command line in your shortcut to something like this.

"C:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01;@mod2;@mod3

@mod2 and @mod3 being substituted for any other mods you might use.

I hope that will save you the time of reading the 'howto install mods' section. Triple posting the same question just because no one answers you is bad etiquette. And getting pissy doesnt help either.

I hope this helps you somewhat.

Regards./

Thanks for the replies on what to do and a walk through. I appreciate you taking the time out to answer my question. I'm sorry for the bad etiquette but people shouldn't get so irradiated with people who don't have as much knowledge about mod installing and what not. Again sorry for getting upset and thanks for teaching me. Also I did do a search on the internet for guides on how to install mods but I didn't really find much. I found something about someone saying they were going to teach people soon. Thanks for the guide though.