Sign in to follow this  
Brew Crew

Fast PC, but Bad FPS Regardless of What I Do - HELP!?

Sorry for being so blunt but...............wait for it............................its coming............................ wait.......................guess what.....................You are all................... running.....

ok enough of that .. sorry

You are all runing 200 series GPUs same as me the wonderfull me!! there are so so man y people getting this prob.. it is very common even with two cards SLI Scailable link interface ..... It seems Arma 2 doesnt like DX10 cards running especially in DX10 environments Who Out Of You Are Riunning Vista !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

binkster just looked at your post about armatest thing i have a score almost same as your first one, 3211.8 Might take plunge tomorrow and install xp. its only a reinstall away i suppose. Hopefully wont have to reinstall arma2 as its on another partition.

Binkster sorry m8 forgot to update my sig im allready using xp pro sorry for the confusion

also ste4lth004 would a 4890 be that much of an improvement over the 4870 1 gig im just thinking about money at the minute as this just cost me over 400 quid.This new board is crossfire so ill probably get another 4870 down the road thx for the replys guys i hope i find a way of gettin up there with the big boys.

Well m8 ive never used 2 cards or a dual card before, i thought a 8800gtx to gtx285 was a big enough jump so i opted for the one card, mmm not sure about the 2nd 4870 for crossfire, i think game has alot of trouble running 2cards and the gtx295. if i was you i would get the 4890 or 285 sod messing about with 2 cards m8, the 4890 is around 2-3fps faster than a 285, i had a 4890 http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1GB-XFX-HD-4890-Black-PCI-E-20(x16)-4000MHz-GDDR5-GPU-1000MHz-800-Cores-2x-DL-DVI-HDMI-HDCP

but had some bad luck 1st day i got it i didnt know you needed a 6-8 lead psu adaptor you dont get one in the box, after i got it working about 1hr after playing the pc turned itself off, looked inside and the dam 4890 fan stopped so it was overheating, tried it in both pcs wouldnt spin, so i sent it back to get the gtx285 awesome from day1 no prob so far, this is my gtx285 baby http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1GB-Asus-GTX-285-55nm-PCI-E-20(x16)-Mem-2484MHz-GDDR3-GPU-648MHz-240-Cores-2x-DVI-I-HDTV. i would say you would get about 10-15 frames more with 4890 over a 4870. try oc your i7 to 3.5gig and make sure you run the benchmark 2x not once the 1st time is trying to load all the graphics, alot of stuttering.

Edited by ste4lth004

So did they release this game before testing it on a high end gamming card? I thought the whole point of upgrading a graphics card was to get a better game experience. I might just try installing this on my old zx spectrum, can you get this game on cassette tape...lol

So did they release this game before testing it on a high end gamming card? I thought the whole point of upgrading a graphics card was to get a better game experience. I might just try installing this on my old zx spectrum, can you get this game on cassette tape...lol

Haha m8 that would be one big cassette, 6 months later you get loading screen come up :D

I have a bbc micro model B somewhere with an 80track floppy drive...

!boot

chain "arma2"

Somehow I doubt it would work on that, even if you did have sideways ram :)

I got a amstrad cpc 464 running in dual mode, but i need 1200watts to run this rig.:)

Ill probably try for an over clock but not sure how any guides on overclocking the I7 its running at 27c with the stock cooler and a bit of arcitc silver.

I would m8, thats the first thing i would try, oc it, im using the stock fan that came with it, i dont understand why your score is so low , my brother has got e6600oc 3ghz/gtx285 and scores 4200.

Edited by ste4lth004

Yeah you have a wicked awesome machine! Hopefully patches will fix the chokepoints that are keeping your machine from shining

I think yous should get a 285 if possible not had any problem no crashes or graphic probs with any game yet on the 285

Not true. I have a GTX 285 and I'm having performance problems, texture lag and crashes to desktop.

can i just dl win7 and install it alongside vista and have dualboot ?

I havent searched this but im sure there is a nice guide somewhere. I do with xp and vista and I had to use a 3rd party program to combine the two cause i had vista on first.

Yes you can

binkster just looked at your post about armatest thing i have a score almost same as your first one, 3211.8 Might take plunge tomorrow and install xp. its only a reinstall away i suppose. Hopefully wont have to reinstall arma2 as its on another partition.

Just tried it on xp, got 3454.56 not a huge improvement but improvement is improvement none the less.

*edit*

make that 3719.99 with a slight GPU overclock:D

Edited by evlbond

Not true. I have a GTX 285 and I'm having performance problems, texture lag and crashes to desktop.

Well its true for me, ive not had one crash yet and its silky smooth, all ive had is a stutter when the game loads, but now it doesnt any more.

i've cured the fault, i went to trading standards with printouts of the forums and explained that the game store will not refund, they stepped in and told the store under the 1974 sale of good act, any product bought in the uk must be fit for the purpose it is sold for, that is law and the game store had no choice but to refund it, i am happy now and i hope many others follow suit, as this is the only way to show theses companys we will not tollerate crap, unfinished products.

YEAH the world is full of liers! Something has changed! Consumers become less a concern. All they care is MONEY! The place I 'm staying right now is a residential college. Even so, the principle cares more about money than what we eat. I was even forced to move into a double room ( two people stay in a bigger room rather than a single room (more privacy)) with an unknown person when I paid full price for a single room ( double room is $30 cheaper per week). I didn't get refund. How can a principle of a college become a money sucking person who sucks money from STUDENTS? They will die for goodness!

YEAH the world is full of liers! Something has changed! Consumers become less a concern. All they care is MONEY! The place I 'm staying right now is a residential college. Even so, the principle cares more about money than what we eat. I was even forced to move into a double room ( two people stay in a bigger room rather than a single room (more privacy)) with an unknown person when I paid full price for a single room ( double room is $30 cheaper per week). I didn't get refund. How can a principle of a college become a money sucking person who sucks money from STUDENTS? They will die for goodness!

Where the F*** did that come from!?@!!@#!@?:turn:

:deal: Remember this is a trouble shooting forum.

Unfortunately that's capitalism. Since we've proven that communism doesn't work I'm willing to entertain suggestions for the nature of the NEXT revolution.

Seriously though, we need some word from the devs. I find it hard to believe that all these requests for news are just being ignored, what's going on? Has everyone at BI died of the plague?

I get ~25 FPS on my PC wich i consider is bad on my PC wich is a

Vista x64 SP1

Intel Q9650

6 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon 4770 1Gb (09.6 driver)

I´ve just quit 2h gameplay and something about the graphis made me sick. There must be some sort of bad programming here. I play lots of games normally but never experienced this. It also feels like my eyes are bleeding..Need some shuteyes now..:(

I´ll pick this game up again as soon as someone over at BIS fixes the problem.

Edited by 7SD-Toker

I had similar problems, and I can say that at the moment on my rig which is pretty much exact to yours -

i7 @ 4.2

GTX295 650/1500/1100

Xfi Xtreme Gamer

I can get 60Fps 98% of the time in multiplayer and armoury, however there seems to be issues still in SP where it still goes down to a crawl (say Razor Two onwards)

The best results I have had all come from Win 7 7232 build.

Using 182.5s and Crysis64.exe trick (note: no -winxp) flag.

Today I installed 186.24 for fun and found them faster then 182.5s however I have not played enough to say how stable they were.

Also run HT off, and Tripple buffer on. Setting Very High Textures/Very High Mem/Very High AA rest normal aside from PP which is on low I managed ~6200 in ArmaMark II (V-sync off) and ~5200 v-sync on (only the space capsule is below 50 fps @ ~39-40, rest is 55fps +)

As i tell all people, when playing with these settings forget testing in SP, use armoury and or Editor (Suggest turn V-sync off as well).. that way you will see the difference right away and not have script/ai/god knows what bugs kill the game for you.

I am not too phased, I gave up on SP due to the massive amounts of bugs that are still present, and since Multi Player now works perfect and mostly in the high 50's for average I am happy. As people say this game can get away with ~40 fps consistant and it would be a dream (well perhaps a little more for fast flying!) but when it goes from 40->15 in cities etc it reall sucks

Anyway its _FINALLY_ good to see this... its what I wanted for last 3 weeks!

Just hang in there chaps, while it may be very frustrating to have a superduper pc that cannot seem to run the game very well, I am well aware BIS are working very hard to iron out the issues.

Please do continue to feedback but keep it constructive and informative.

Thanks

Thank you, makes me feel better.

While I don't have a top notch computer, I'm kinda getting the same.. High vs Very low, gives me maybe 5fps more on average. Installing the eVGA sli patch did nothing noticeable either.

sell your GTX 295 for 10$ and grab 285 :D u can also try to O/C your CPU.