Sign in to follow this  
Scorpius01

Patch 1.03?

Have the game, but waiting till they can optimize their engine better before i start playing.

A dx9 title should run flawless on my system, but not even close.

e8400@4.05ghz, 8gigs pc1066 ram, 160gb System drive, 150gb WD raptor game drive. Xfx radeon 4890 1gb.

1900x1200 resolution 2x AA - dips into low 30's on intro. - blah

I have a Q6600, Ati 4870 4 gig ram WIn XP and it runs so sweet on my machine graphics at 1600x1200 32bp.

Not glitchy at all.

Im using a 40" 1920x1080 res with view dist 3024, and getting average of 48fps on multyplayer with high textures, high objects, the only time ive seen any slowdown or stutter is when i quickly turned around at startup waiting for the game to load all the data in memory, after that it was smooth all the way, so my advice is get a quad that can handle the ai, i7920/gtx285 combo kills arma2.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

nice one jam :)

ste4lth004, why are you running XP and have 6Gig of RAM when it can only handle 3.5Gb ? I guess you bought it ready to upgrade OS to Vista or Win7 that can use / recognise it ?

some ppl need to stop overclock the processor!!!

a C2Q Q6600 is working fine with its default setup.

I run at 1920x1200 with everything on MAX, 125% and 2000meter

My system:

C2Q Q6600 Default Mghz and with default fan.

4GB of corsair DDr2

4890 ATI RAdeon 1GB DDR5 Asus Top

Western Digital 170GB Raptor 10000RPM

Windows 7 x64

i have a very good ventialation system with lots of fans sucking and blowing. :)

Im playing on 40-60fps all the time.

PPL need to stop whining about the game is bad becouse they cant run it on a overclocked system.

Dhu?? Turn it down and set it on default.

If its still is laggy..

# check your ventilation to your graphic card/processor/South Bridge/Hardrive and memory.

# Check your drivers

# Check your hardrive, i wouldent suggest any hardrive under 10 000RPM

# Check your Space on your hardrive

# Turn of everything that is running on your system. Antivirus, firewall, gadgets, more then 1monitor, msn, skype, etc etc. ( i have even noticed that on the latest build on Win7 you sometimes have to shut down "SVCHOST.EXE" )

# Check your operative system. are you running Win7 and cant get the FPS to go up. Change to WinXP or try with Vista.

# Even check your PWR supply if it is enough Watts.

This game should run smooth on a C2Q 6600 especially if you have more then 4GBRam and a nice graphic card. (Over Nvidia275 or ATI4870)

also in ARMA2 lower the distance under 2000meters and also change the xxx to 100% or below.

This game is like crysis. Not many ppl could play it on Full when it was released, now almoust 3years later still many cant. but those who can will enjoy some fantastic graphics. (still you can and could play the game with lower graphics just like you can in Arma2.)

look how long it took crysis to run over 25 FPS..... everyone has to chill the #%@ out

Edited by Sneak69

look how long it took crysis to run over 25 FPS..... everyone has to chill the #%@ out

No comment ;)

A 4 year old 4850? You really must have had friends in exceptionally high places!

i never said the card was 4 years old. the card is 3 years old my PC its self is over 4 years old. Learn to read before you start questioning me.

some ppl need to stop overclock the processor!!!

a C2Q Q6600 is working fine with its default setup.

I run at 1920x1200 with everything on MAX, 125% and 2000meter

My system:

C2Q Q6600 Default Mghz and with default fan.

4GB of corsair DDr2

4890 ATI RAdeon 1GB DDR5 Asus Top

Western Digital 170GB Raptor 10000RPM

Windows 7 x64

i have a very good ventialation system with lots of fans sucking and blowing. :)

Im playing on 40-60fps all the time.

PPL need to stop whining about the game is bad becouse they cant run it on a overclocked system.

Dhu?? Turn it down and set it on default.

If its still is laggy..

# check your ventilation to your graphic card/processor/South Bridge/Hardrive and memory.

# Check your drivers

# Check your hardrive, i wouldent suggest any hardrive under 10 000RPM

# Check your Space on your hardrive

# Turn of everything that is running on your system. Antivirus, firewall, gadgets, more then 1monitor, msn, skype, etc etc. ( i have even noticed that on the latest build on Win7 you sometimes have to shut down "SVCHOST.EXE" )

# Check your operative system. are you running Win7 and cant get the FPS to go up. Change to WinXP or try with Vista.

# Even check your PWR supply if it is enough Watts.

This game should run smooth on a C2Q 6600 especially if you have more then 4GBRam and a nice graphic card. (Over Nvidia275 or ATI4870)

also in ARMA2 lower the distance under 2000meters and also change the xxx to 100% or below.

This game is like crysis. Not many ppl could play it on Full when it was released, now almoust 3years later still many cant. but those who can will enjoy some fantastic graphics. (still you can and could play the game with lower graphics just like you can in Arma2.)

Overclocking your CPU can give drastic performance increases in game. Especially in a game as CPU intensive as Arma 2. Stop talking about what you don't know. And why would you need a 10,000RPM HDD? 7200 is plenty. The most 10K will do is speed up your loading times a bit.

And I highly doubt you get 40-60 fps ALL the time. I get 45FPS average, but it has dropped to 20-25 in very intense situations before. My set up is:

Q9550 @ 3.5Ghz

GTX 260 Core 216 700/1490/1075 (Performs better than my friends stock 280)

4Gb OCZ Blade

500gb 7200 Seagate

XP

Edited by GenghisKhan

listen, if your PC cant handle this game than quite frankly you shouldnt be playing it. I have a Dual Core AMD 64 Athlon x2 3800 + 2 Gigs of memory, MSI ATI Radeon 4850. my PC is about 4 years old and i can run this game on Normal/high settings, you ppl should stop bitching about it and just wait for the patch like good, normal people. I get about 30-40 FPS on my system, if your getting anything less than my system then LOL @ you~

It sounded like you were stating that everything on your PC was four years old but any way , your comment is stupid regardless.

My computer would eat yours for lunch and the game is barley playable for me on High or Very High settings. So yeah , just shut your mouth and move on.

It sounded like you were stating that everything on your PC was four years old but any way , your comment is stupid regardless.

My computer would eat yours for lunch and the game is barley playable for me on High or Very High settings. So yeah , just shut your mouth and move on.

Seriously.. A 64 x2???? what is that guy smoking. And 4850 is a mediocre graphics card, but that POS CPU still probably bottlenecks it.

Im sick to death of people on here claiming their shitty systems can play it at a constant 50FPS maxed out when its simply just not true.

Edited by GenghisKhan

In my situation, the game is playable performane wise. If you want to discuss bugs, thats an entirely different position. However, any pc gamer knows that if you can't handle bugs don't purchase the game on the release date. There is no such thing as a 'bugless' pc game launch, period!

Edited by Dungeoncrawler

Why is every game release from BIS a bigger shit festival than the last? In stead of a better game, I can't even get the ai to 1. follow me 2. do what I tell them 3. anything useful. It's like I'm back in a 1 against all Quake style game. Not to mention the HORRIBLE aircraft control. Stop designing the game for consol pilots. If you don't have a joystick, kill yourself. And now, with even wider distribution, even though it's already boiled down into the usually evo/dom/warfare three-headed monster that kills all fun, it's even worse because no one knows what they're doing.

Thanks for having me waist $50 dollars I didn't have. And to get it without Steam costs another $17 US from Sprocket, so I'm not sure what kind of "free" gift you're really getting other than rape.

You know what would have been great? Releasing this game in August when it actually worked. I appreciate all the community support, but this is awful. I think I have high blood pressure from this game, and will probably soon, finally smash my keyboard.

For everyone who will now say "Go play something else." There is nothing much else worth playing. Period. There are some fun ones out there that play for about a week, after that, I've still waisted $40-$50. Most games fucking suck, and don't even get me started on console games. Maybe I'm just to outdoorsy. Now censor admins. Even though this is a game about killing people, and they curse in it now, I'm sure your anal selves won't be able to stop from reprimanding me for cursing and misplaced comments. WAH! You should kill yourselves, too.

While I agree most games out suck right now, I think you need to relax. The game is decent. I agree it pisses me off too, but give it time. Hopefully there will be some patches in the near future.

If they fixed the fucked up lag problems in servers, the game would be good. Seems like every server I play in crashes after 20 minutes. I dont know if thats a problem with the servers themselves or the coding.

lol your complaining that your computer can run it on high /very high, when it obviously can't. i too can run the game on high/very high too, maybe its barely playable because your a fuckin moron and your computer can't handle it. Ever think about that? now move along u stupid troll.

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Seriously.. A 64 x2???? what is that guy smoking. And 4850 is a mediocre graphics card, but that POS CPU still probably bottlenecks it.

Im sick to death of people on here claiming their shitty systems can play it at a constant 50FPS maxed out when its simply just not true.

clearly im not on here complaing that my "shitty" system can run it and your 4000$ computer cant lolololol. I'd be sour too if i was you :D and i clearly said 30-40 FPS and i get about 25-30 FPS with Fraps running how does that make you feel? LoL!

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

oh while were at it these are the system requirements, read the Reccomended performance requirements,requirementsforarma2.jpg, I'm not disagreeing that its a little buggy but theres no reason to come on here complaining your system can't run it right, ITS QUITE OBVIOUS, and BIS knows that its not working, so stop complaining like twats and deal with it or don't play it, its as simple as that.

Edited by Shinobi575

lol your complaining that your computer can run it on high /very high, when it obviously can't. i too can run the game on high/very high too, maybe its barely playable because your a fuckin moron and your computer can't handle it. Ever think about that? now move along u stupid troll.

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

clearly im not on here complaing that my "shitty" system can run it and your 4000$ computer cant lolololol. I'd be sour too if i was you :D and i clearly said 30-40 FPS and i get about 25-30 FPS with Fraps running how does that make you feel? LoL!

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

oh while were at it these are the system requirements, read the Reccomended performance requirements,[MG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Demon575/requirementsforarma2.jpg[/img], I'm not disagreeing that its a little buggy but theres no reason to come on here complaining your system can't run it right, ITS QUITE OBVIOUS, and BIS knows that its not working, so stop complaining like twats and deal with it or don't play it, its as simple as that.

facepalm.jpg

Edited by Placebo

Lol^ its true im tired of coming on here and seeing people bash this game, if you don't like dont play it. I'm sure theres a feedback area around here somewhere other than the general section of Arma 2.

Edited by Shinobi575

First of all, you should mind your language there

oh while were at it these are the system requirements, read the Reccomended performance requirements,[iM]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Demon575/requirementsforarma2.jpg[/img], I'm not disagreeing that its a little buggy but theres no reason to come on here complaining your system can't run it right, ITS QUITE OBVIOUS, and BIS knows that its not working, so stop complaining like twats and deal with it or don't play it, its as simple as that.

Because we all know recommended requirements are accurate, right? Look at it like this, minimum requirements are just enough to turn the game on, while recommended requirements will let you run the game at minimal FPS.

When BIS finally optimizes the game a bit better, you will still be stuck at your shitty 25-40 FPS, while our "$4000" systems will be soaring past 60.

Where did you pick that figure from anyways? Your ass?

In the end, you should just stop bullshitting us. We know you're shitty computer doesn't run it as well as you are making out. This is unless or course, you have a 15 to 17 inch monitor. That would explain it.

Edited by Placebo

Cant wait for a new patch, hopefully to sort out some issues with the editor, like team switching.

In terms of performance, I do think that its not gonna change massively for lower spec systems on higer settings, and judging from the published benchmarks its all about processor ghz. It would be nice to see less juddering, which is aparently unconnected to the overall fps. It would also be nice to see better scalability.

Noobs and seniors, please try not to fight amongsts yourselves, its getting rather boring, and is deviding this site down the middle. We are all gamers, and we all got the same things in common, try and help each other out. Boasting about how well your PC is only going to infuriate those who have poor performance.

Its worth noting, that if u really cant get decent performance out of Chernarus, then try some of the custom maps, either ported from Arma, or new. I have poor performance in Chernarus, and no scalability with the settings, so I play on Sahrani in Arma 2. I get better overall performance and can enjoy the new features of Arma 2.

Because we all know recommended requirements are accurate, right? Look at it like this, minimum requirements are just enough to turn the game on, while recommended requirements will let you run the game at minimal FPS.

When BIS finally optimizes the game a bit better, you will still be stuck at your shitty 25-40 FPS, while our "$4000" systems will be soaring past 60.

Where did you pick that figure from anyways? Your ass?

In the end, you should just stop bullshitting us. We know you're shitty computer doesn't run it as well as you are making out. This is unless or course, you have a 15 to 17 inch monitor. That would explain it.

lol i do have a 17 inch monitor, regardless im not bull shiting when i say i have 25-40 FPS, I am happy with my system performance, are you? apparently not if your still ranting! LoL~ Oh and what makes you think my performance wont increase as well genius? lol think before you speak.

Edited by Shinobi575

lol thank you

You got me right ? I don't think so ! Once the woods around Chernogorsk would look like the woods in Crysis I will accept max. 25FPS in ArmA 2. But honestly, there are worlds between the Crysis and the ArmA 2 engine.

But its not the woods or the graphics at all. I do have an overall performance of around 35 to 50 FPS, but a soon as I enter Chernogorsk or Elektrozvadlovsk area the frames drop down to 3-5 FPS. Even in smaler villages the frames drop down to 20 or below.

Edited by CHB68