Sign in to follow this  
Mack Jack Bill

Thank you and congratulations Bohemia Interactive.

I wish to offer BIS my sincerest thanks for the creation and release of this next chapter in its most esteemed line of war simulations.

Especially, I would like to congratulate you on your decision to stand strong against the politically correct liberal chattering classes and their namby pamby notions of gender inclusion.

Prior to the game's release, I was enthusiastically reading information posted on various gaming sites and perusing these forums, eagerly devouring any new scraps of information forthcoming. I had learned, to my relief, that the possibility of playing as anything other than a male American marine in the campaign would be unlikely. Clearly, women have no role on the battlefield - or in the military at large, even in a support role. Remember Jessica Lynch? Give a woman a task (one that involves driving, at that! rofl!) and the first thing she does is get herself herself captured, forcing a massive waste of energy and resources in sending some of the best trained men in that G-d forsaken dustbowl to rescue her scrawny ass!

Anyway, I digress. I must also commend your bravery in not only excluding women from G-d fearing American forces, but also from those G-dless commie Russians and their pinko insurrectionist allies and even from the rag-tag volunteer guerrilla forces!

When I read that your wonderfully comprehensive level editor would allow people to play as cows, however, I was momentarily vexed. If playing as a cad-chewing, dull-eyed bovine were possible, surely that would mean some sort of female combatant would be included in the package? After purchasing my very own copy of the game my very first action was to check the editor and, to my sublime relief, it appeared the only playable (actually, I'm not sure if it's even playable - I might have to check again! Fingers crossed!) women would be hapless unarmed civilians! Not only that, but BIS had thoughtfully limited even those choices! With awestruck admiration for BIS' innovation, I noted that among these choices were: Damsel, Madame and Housewife! At last, one might live out one's fantasy of the world as G-d intended. Not even a broad-bottomed policewoman to be seen, and even getting their chubby derriers into a vehicle requires tweaking aplenty. Something I've always admired about Saudi Wahabiism.

And yes, I did note the availability of a 'priest' civilian for the men, but not for the women! Ha ha! Take that, Boston Diocese!

Inevitably of course, I'm sure there will be mods and skins a-plenty to sully the purity of this title. What individuals choose to do is up to them, of course, and at least BIS was not cowed by any alleged market forces. Everyone knows chicks don't use computers, let alone play games!

Yours faithfully,

Mack.

Edited by Mack Jack Bill

???....

Interesting break from the other topic's, but WHY EVEN BOTHER?

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

I'm waiting for CRACK SACK JILL to pipe up!

Yep, its almost like Bruno is here to bless us with his/her presence. But really its just another Crack Sack attack!

wow...dude must be gay

thanks for this waste of time

Just so you know, haivng the ability to string sentences together does not necessarily make one 'gay'. And thank you for your insightful comments :rolleyes:.

wow...dude must be gay

Quoted for WTF. As mentioned before, having an IQ which enables one to string a paragraph together isn't universally acknowledged as a sign of gayness.

The OP raises a good point, if in an oblique and (apparently not obvious) sarcastic manner. It wouldn't be unbelieveable to have female insurgents, even if as mentioned by others they don't have much of a frontline presence in any of the major militaries featured. Nonetheless, I'm sure this will hopefully be remedied by the same modders who fixed it in Arma.

Ok, you know, I'm actually inclined to agree with MJB on a number of points in relation to the game, and of course the imbalances witnessed not only in video games but life in general. I dont however believe that (no use for a name) was attacking his IQ, nor his grammatical abilities, and none of us with these aforementioned abilites should take offence that we might be labeled "gay"

What I dont agree with, is the way MJB delivered his message, and that is why he/she recieved a bit of a ribbing from my end (no pun intended).....

It was a lengthy, overtly colourful example of a simple point, but I guess in between writing scripts for the Pirates of Penzance and the stage production of Carry on XXXX, one needs to have a creative outlet somewhere.... And I feel blessed.

Last point, MJB's admiration of Wahabiism would pretty much exlude ALL of MJB's points/gripes as there would be no females in any of those roles, unless of course they were getting stoned to death or blowing themselves up...

Inshah Allah...

Who cares.... Why are people making this into a sexist thread. Bis made the game the way it is for there consumers. How many of there fans/players have made an issue over women being played as a player? Ive seen one so far.... BIS are not being sexist... they are just making a game for the majority.

Just so you know, haivng the ability to string sentences together does not necessarily make one 'gay'. And thank you for your insightful comments :rolleyes:.
Quoted for WTF. As mentioned before, having an IQ which enables one to string a paragraph together isn't universally acknowledged as a sign of gayness.

The OP raises a good point, if in an oblique and (apparently not obvious) sarcastic manner. It wouldn't be unbelieveable to have female insurgents, even if as mentioned by others they don't have much of a frontline presence in any of the major militaries featured. Nonetheless, I'm sure this will hopefully be remedied by the same modders who fixed it in Arma.

it was sarcasm...you know, like what the OP (I think) intended.

But besides going off on some satirical 3 paragraph post, couldn't he have just said "Why aren't there any women in BIS games?" or something similar?

And I wasn't calling him 'gay' because of his sentence structure lol! It was because of the way he (sarcastically) ragged on women...why would someone be considered gay for how they write????

Edited by No Use For A Name

it was sarcasm...you know, like what the OP intended (?). But besides going off on some satirical 3 paragraph post, couldn't he have just said "Why aren't there any women in BIS games?" or something similar?

Right? I consider myself a moderate with liberal leaning views on social issues but to come into a military sim's website to rant nonsensical with dizzying sarcasm and non sequiturs is just weird.

this guy is trying way too hard to troll

Steady on, old thing!

Where else does one rant if not computer game websites! That's what they're for, what what!

The times suit me!

The Devs from BIS have probably played WoW and they where traumatized by the males playing females in the game, and with the fear that their costumers would ever experience such horrors they decided to let them off. [sEXIST]Besides they play the role womans have been playing in wars for a long time, wifes and whores, and lets be honest that's all they are good for (cooking and having sex)[/sEXIST]

P.S. To the OP I liked to see your creative take on the subject, satire is always nice to see XD.

why would someone be considered gay for how they write????

Dear diary today I finally did it with him, I got in his car and we drove to the lake where we had our first kiss, as we lay there in the ground ever so closely, I started to feel deep inside me that this was the time, as his soft and strong hands caressed my body I started to let my self go, I kissed him in the ear and told him that I was ready, this was the time I had been waiting for, he started to take my cloths softly while he kissed me lower and lower, finally as we lay down on top of each other trading our love in the most intimate of ways, I felt something I had never experienced before, and I knew this wasn't just sex it was love.

Truly yours John

XoXo

Indeed if you where to write something like this, you would most defenitly be a true heterosexual XD.

I endorse this post.

Quite simply BIS, like many other games developers, needs to pull its head out of its ass. Realistic sim or no, there is simply no justification in 2009 to deny customers the choice to play as women or team with women in some fashion. If not in the campaign then assuredly in player made campaigns.

Leave aside that plenty of men, myself included, would appreciate the opportunity to utilize female avatars or at least npc soldier models here and there. The truth is that a larger and larger percentage of gamers these days are women.

Alienating this growing customer base doesn't make business sense. Hell, it doesn't make sense period. ArmA 2 is a huge free-form sandbox. Devoid of meaningful female humans. It just cheapens the whole thing and ultimately says a lot about the developers. None of it good.

Poor form, guys.

Jesus H. Christ, shut the fuck up already.

They decided not to include it. Period. They're not going to either because it would cost them a lot more money to create the animations that have not been included in the game.

If you want to play a woman, create a female custom face. Simple.

Better yet, go outside and get dressed in drag sweetheart.

Abs

Violence towards women in ANY form, be it verbal, VIDEO GAME form.. whatever is totally unacceptable!

Violence towards women in ANY form, be it verbal, VIDEO GAME form.. whatever is totally unacceptable!

Hahahah...this game is about violence in general. Why is it okay to be violent against men, but not women?

You're hilarious, Nazul.

Abs

The rise of virtual video game spousal abuse is nothing to make light of, Abs.

Anyway, the OP was a fun read, and it makes some points I personally agree with.

I hope you're joking...what does spousal abuse have to do with ARMA2?

Abs