Sign in to follow this  
jump artist

So few PvP serves?

Yep! But unfortunately most of them are infected by frustrated imbeciles witch are ruining the game.

I hope when the OFP2 (aka BF 2.5 ;) ) will appear most of them will gone with this game.

Edited by mant3z

Deathmatch

The best game of Arma2 I've had so far was a 8 player free for all Deathmatch. *shrug* I guess I just don't see the fun in Evolution and Domination type gameplay. I want the games small, sharp, short and PERSONAL.

ARMA2 is an awesome engine for round based asymmetric warfare. I wonder why no one are taking advantage of this.

Five on Five

In most competative FPS's I've played the most fun and intense ones where those with 5-8 players aside, roundbased, and respawning. It seems to me that ARMA2 could easily do this.

I specifically don't want to spend 50 minutes FARMING or GRINDING enemy soldiers/BMPs. I want unique and interesting rounds, challenging scenarios, and intelligent opposition.

Imagine this.

6 on 6

A six man special forces team are protecting a camp full of wounded civilians/soldiers. They must survive for 7 minutes, until their reinforcement arrives, and protect 3 named doctors(AI). While they do not have access to any Heavy AT weapons, they do have access to a limited number of CAS strikes(AI).

Guerrilla fighters of Chernarus are seizing the initiative. 4x 4man squads(1player + 3 AI), a sniper(1xplayer), and a BMP(1xplayer) have 7 minutes to kill off the three doctors whom are hiding in a small village.

* When a US soldier dies, he takes control of a doctor. (if possible)

* When a Guerilla soldier dies, he replaces an AI (of his squad if possible)

* Game ends as US victory if all enemy forces are dead, or 7 minutes have passed.

* Game ends as Guerrilla victory if all three doctors are dead, or outside the mission zone.

- K

Boom, headshot.

There is one very similar to that on Armaholic. I've made a small, multiple objective attack/defend PvP mission myself, which will be tested on the weekend probably.

Could someone please post a download link for the SBS AAS Maps? Pobeda Dam in particular; their site is down and I cannot find it in Armaholic, ArmedAssault.info, or with extensive google searching. I have it in my MP missions cache but I need the original files with the full comments in the init.sqs etc. Please help!

Well, it does no good to put up a server if no one joins it. An Empty PVP server stays empty... no one wants to hang out waiting for enough players to make it a good PVP game when they could be elsewhere actually playing.

It's a curse. I know my Server which is loaded with the AAS maps waiting for good times is still... empty most of the time. It's like you need to jump start the server by getting a large group of players to all crash it at the same time and stimulate perpetual momentum

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

Could someone please post a download link for the SBS AAS Maps? Pobeda Dam in particular; their site is down and I cannot find it in Armaholic, ArmedAssault.info, or with extensive google searching. I have it in my MP missions cache but I need the original files with the full comments in the init.sqs etc. Please help!

http://www.spamhelsing.com/arma2-aas-beta-06-50players-commented.zip

I will keep the file up for a short bit, but not forever so grab it while you can :D

Edited by Spamurai

I dont understand it either man. Its like all people wanna do is play against bots I played a few games of capture the flag it was great. My clan leader is currently working on a mission were two teams start at there own bases with f35's a10's and all the other aircraft and vehicals and try to seize and control chernogorsk or whatever it is Kinda like king of the hill.

this sounds awesome.

Im just playing some coop hoping more PvP servers will appear when the game is released in the US:butbut:.I really hate bottle necked PvP games such as hold,where your forced to play a certain area of the map,it just becomes a huge lag infested spawn camp..Whatever happened to good old TDM with random spawn at two bases:(

Edited by Cpt Bollock

I too am rather surprised, I haven't played PVP yet, so many damned co-op servers, it's not even that fun, it's like single player with randoms who tk you :D

Im just playing some coop hoping more PvP servers will appear when the game is released in the US:butbut:.I really hate bottle necked PvP games such as hold,where your forced to play a certain area of the map,it just becomes a huge lag infested spawn camp..Whatever happened to good old TDM with random spawn at two bases:(

I haven't had a problem with lag on the hold maps when everyone is in "close" quarters. Seems to work for me about the same as co-op, though I'm not sure how to see what my FPS is while playing.

For me the problem with the PvP right now is that it's so random, so little communication, hardly anyone using voice which is a key to any good teamwork. I've yet to come across a PvP server where the squads are set up with an acutal squad leader, the squads can see where each other are and the more veteran players (or clan who runs the server) are in the leadership positions at least trying to get the squads to work together. Thats what I'm hoping for!!! :D

Also, I wasn't aware that Arma2 is not yet released in the US? Isn't it available to them through Steam the same as here in Canada? There are a lot of American players on.

I haven't had a problem with lag on the hold maps when everyone is in "close" quarters. Seems to work for me about the same as co-op, though I'm not sure how to see what my FPS is while playing.

For me the problem with the PvP right now is that it's so random, so little communication, hardly anyone using voice which is a key to any good teamwork. I've yet to come across a PvP server where the squads are set up with an acutal squad leader, the squads can see where each other are and the more veteran players (or clan who runs the server) are in the leadership positions at least trying to get the squads to work together. Thats what I'm hoping for!!! :D

Also, I wasn't aware that Arma2 is not yet released in the US? Isn't it available to them through Steam the same as here in Canada? There are a lot of American players on.

There are a few public clan/squad servers that use a lot of communication and teamwork, keep trying servers until you find one.

Arma2 has been released in the US on steam and direct2drive, but I don't think there are any store retailers yet.

It seems the PvP servers are indeed quite random when it comes to work in as a team. Everyone is doing their own thing.

But I just played domination and we assaulted an enemy City with 2 tanks me being the gunner in the other (my friend was the driver and we used VoiceComm) , 1 F35 Fighter and guys to laser mark targets for it + infantry. Now that's awesome and hopefully the PvP servers can reach that:P.

The zone size needs to match the amount of players. If servers are running missions for 16VS16 (on combat zone sizes that I'd say are for more suitable for 30 VS 30), and you only have 10 people on the server, then of course the game is going to suck. This game just isn't populated enough for those massive battles to take place. I really hope mission makers and server administrators will get a grip and see the need for smaller missions that play well and are fun to play while keeping at least some realism and suit a lower player count (less than 20). It's not fun to look for enemies for a long time, and it's not fun to spend most of your playing time running/driving/flying around the map or waiting for a pickup. You could say it's for realism but if you have respawns you already killed realism, so if you did that at least keep it playable.