Sign in to follow this  
frattonstation

The new Illuminating Tower

could create a trigger or script using this command http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/switchLight

I carn't get that to work for two reasons, one it isn't a map object so has no ID number and two it gives an error if you try and use it with an existing light already on the map.

Put a game logic and write in the initline:

ID161790=position this nearestObject 161790

Then it should work with:

ID161790 switchLight "ON";

As ID161790 you should use the ID from the illu. Not tested yet!

Thanks but how do I get the ID number of on object that I've placed on the map?

As said before it won't even work for streetlights in game that do have an ID.

Edited by F2k Sel

Maybe from your mission.sqm.

class Item2
	{
		side="EAST";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={6140.1143,362.24823,6910.7871};
				azimut=-122.23311;
				[b][color="Red"]id=5[/color][/b];
				side="EAST";
				vehicle="RU_WarfareBBarracks";
				leader=1;
				rank="SERGEANT";
				skill=0.46666664;
			};
		};
	};

Or use not the ID. Try with the name of the object.

You can fake it a bit by putting this code in a gamelogic and then place this over that over the tower.

light = "#lightpoint" createVehicleLocal position this; light setLightBrightness 0.9; light setLightAmbient[0.0, 0.0, 0.0]; light setLightColor[1.0, 1.0, 1.0]; light lightAttachObject [this, [0,0,30]]

You may want to place a second one at about half the height so place this in the second one and do as above.

light = "#lightpoint" createVehicleLocal position this; light setLightBrightness 0.6; light setLightAmbient[0.0, 0.0, 0.0]; light setLightColor[1.0, 1.0, 1.0]; light lightAttachObject [this, [0,0,15]]

It's not as good as having proper lights but unless they fix it it's all we have.

You can also attach one these to a chopper.

place in chopper init

light = "#lightpoint" createVehicleLocal position this; light setLightBrightness 0.5; light setLightAmbient[0.0, 0.0, 0.0]; light setLightColor[1.0, 1.0, 1.0]; light lightAttachObject [this, [0,0,-10]];light = "#lightpoint" createVehicleLocal position this; light setLightBrightness 0.5; light setLightAmbient[0.0, 0.0, 0.0]; light setLightColor[1.0, 1.0, 1.0]; light lightAttachObject [this, [0,0,-20]];

Edited by F2k Sel

Not with that fix but you could put actions in but I'm not so good at that yet, you could use a trigger, You'd have to replace the "this" part with the name of the gamelogic, I think that would work.

I was able to create the light with no problem but when i tried to delete the object the light was attached to.......the light remains. What can i do to make the light go off?

I was able to create the light with no problem but when i tried to delete the object the light was attached to.......the light remains. What can i do to make the light go off?

deleteVehicle light

Just so I'm clear on this, there is no way to make the illuminant tower lights turn on, other than using workarounds? This sucks! What an awesome item it would be if I could just get the stupid thing to work!

Has anyone ever seen the illuminant tower lights on in any way?

Just so I'm clear on this, there is no way

Has anyone ever seen the illuminant tower lights on in any way?

Nope the tower has never had working lights.

Whats the point of having a Illuminant Tower that... well doesn't have lights to illuminate! Thats.... realy... realy... uhhh.... a waste of space >_>;;

Whats the point of having a Illuminant Tower that... well doesn't have lights to illuminate! Thats.... realy... realy... uhhh.... a waste of space >_>;;

And for that pointless spam you dig out an almost 3 months old thread...