dslyecxi

Dslyecxi's ArmA2 Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures Guide Published

Knowing missile ranges is not "gamey", you would certainly have that information in real life. Knowing exact damage values for armor/AT weapons is a different matter, you don't have that info in RL.

But the guide is about TACTICS, TECHNIQUES AND PROCEDURES, as the title says. It's not a technical manual covering the various weapons systems used in the game. So the missile range info you will have to find elsewhere.

Love the guide, just a quick comment:

you say this shot will be fatal:

center_of_mass_hold.jpg

Although in my arma 2 experience I would move about 6 centimeters up the body to make it fatal. IMO it doesn't seem like this would be fatal in ACE2 arma. Just wondering if this is true.

Although in my arma 2 experience I would move about 6 centimeters up the body to make it fatal. IMO it doesn't seem like this would be fatal in ACE2 arma. Just wondering if this is true.

Keep in mind that this was published well before ACE2 was released, and ACE2's damage model seems to still be in a state of flux (in that it seems to change every month or so).

Isn't the damage model in ACE the same as vanilla if your mission is not using the ACE wounding module?

The guide is perfect! Very good and clearly explanations!

I'm new to the game (milsim more than a game) and it is very useful.

Congratulations!

Nice work. I also found this pretty darn useful for understanding squad tactics. I much prefer squad level stuff to the higher levels of command.

Im done with it, :yay:

It is really usefull and teached me some new tactics

Thank you for your effort

Temporarily unpinning for a few days just until 1.07 has spread sufficiently, a couple too many pinned threads so unpinned the two with the least recent reply :)

Has anyone converted this into a printable PDF document yet, with proper page spacing and content corrections?

TS2 needs to be updated to TS3 and some video content would need to be removed.

Anyone?

center_of_mass_hold.jpg

i've often had to shoot people twice in the head with a larger caliber sniper rifle to kill them.

i know this because the first shot is dead on the money with blood decal and splatter apparent on the face.

Thought I'd bring this topic up again as there are many new faces around thanks to the Steam A2/OA sales, as well as since this thread is no longer stickied. :(

For those who enjoyed the guide, there are a few other things you might like as well:

The ShackTac Fireteam HUD - Nice UI enhancement that you tend to see in most community gameplay videos these days.

My MH-6 Practice Scenario - For everyone else who loves the Littlebirds and wants some fun ways to practice it.

7ThNyR_fY0M

ShackTac Movement Addons - For those that want a bit more 'smooth' in their player movement.

EMsRa-7Zb0U

Shack Tactical itself - ;)

Pvz58L8bCaU

For everyone who has given feedback from the day this was released to now, thank you very much - it's been enlightening and has given me more than a few ideas for what to do in future iterations.

Self-advertising much?

Kidding, your guides are a must for every ArmA player out there!

Self-advertising much?

Kidding, your guides are a must for every ArmA player out there!

It's shameless, I know. It's a good product (or set of?) though and I stand behind it (them?). Plus, it's freeeeeeeeee! ;)

FREE!

Kudos to you Dslyecxi, you have put a lot of effort into all this, lets get this re stickied! A long with the video thread, now sure why that got taken down either tbh!

Read the 2nd sentence :/

Any plans to add OA factions into the Tactical guide?

Not at this time. There are enough things I'd want to change that when the time comes, I'll do a TTP3 and get everything in there in a fresh/updated fashion, versus just doing it piecemeal. We (ShackTac) have learned a loooot of lessons since TTP2 and I'm really looking forward to conveying those in the next one (though at the same time dreading the amount of energy it takes to produce such a guide).

edit:

Read the 2nd sentence :/

I did, read the ;)

;)

Game is a bit daunting for new comers and help like this is valuable so yep should be stickied and not removed down the track.

Oh, and yes - there is a print version of it in development for those who are looking forward to that.:)

yeah - itsgreat - got PDF ?
Any news about the PDF version?

I would pay for it :D

Will the Arma 2 version be available for purchase as a printed book>?

Yes, in about a month or two.

The first one was excellent, so looking forward to the printed version of this too.
Has anyone converted this into a printable PDF document yet, with proper page spacing and content corrections?

Fantastic guide, much better than the original. Looking forward to buying the printed version though. Any news on when it will be available?

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/dslyecxis-tactics-techniques-procedures-guide-for-arma/1182251?productTrackingContext=product_view/related_items/left/1

Lulu sales rank is 1215, so it's almost in the top 1000 books sold. Surely there's a financial incentive to release TTP2 in print.

Freeborne - the print version ended up being unfeasible due to the size/cost that would be involved to produce it, not to mention the cost of purchasing it. Perhaps next iteration things will be different.

It's here! Over two years after the first TTP was published and juuuust in time for the Euro launch of A2, I bring you... TTP2! Whee! :yay:

ttp2_mainpage_banner.png

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com

Quoting Marek Španěl regarding this iteration of the guide,

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated! Hope you guys enjoy it. Note that this actually ended up being almost precisely twice as big as the first guide in wordcount. :eek:

Oh, and yes - there is a print version of it in development for those who are looking forward to that.:)

Great work and thank you very much mate! :)

Great guide, helped me a lot on how to survive in Armaverse. Should be stickied