Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

to be honest this vopsound really is a bag of crap....sounds are completley un realistic ....sound directions are messed up.....and the audio files have not been done properly, u get alot of bad hissing and crackle when fireing certain weapons......dont waist ur time with it.....thats also the reason why u get kicked from servers, as teh mod simply isnt worth puttin gthe key on the server...its simply a crock of sh*t

let's see your sound mod! you don't like it, don't use it, why rude?

I have some problems with mod:

1. When i run ArmA 2, all sounds of shooting disappears (guns, vehicles - all). Only ambient sounds, voices and sounds of ricochet left

2. Do i need to move files from subdirectories in \ARMA 2\@Vop\Addons\ to the main directrory of Mod?

3. I uploaded bikey-file to the server, but why does server warn about signatures lack? It warns if i copy files from subdirectories of mod to the main directory.

Well, I only use sounds for weapons and its working nice after I downloaded repacked version. No problems playing on servers any more. In 1.03 it seems the same as in 1.02 too.

ryman, the path looks OK.

not working for me i got the repack and still sound not good and cutting of on shooting and stuff

Does anyone else notice an odd noise sometimes. It sounds like a needle skipping on a record player. It's not constant but I usually hear it when reloading...

All brilliant.

I do get a fuzzed up sound cut out sometimes, always when I'm right next to an armoured unit, or within a few metres of it. Sound cuts completely, but resumes if I move away.

Estimate that happens 30-40% of the time I'm in the above circumstances.

All brilliant.

I do get a fuzzed up sound cut out sometimes, always when I'm right next to an armoured unit, or within a few metres of it. Sound cuts completely, but resumes if I move away.

Estimate that happens 30-40% of the time I'm in the above circumstances.

Same to me

Hi this is my first forum community post så go easy on me.

I hav a problem installing the VopSounds_2.1 modd. I hav created a folder inside the min ArmA 2 directory that i calld @VopSounds_2.1 and inside that one another folder calld Addons and extracted al the pbo/bisign files to it. Then went to the quicklaunch icon on my desktop and whent in to properties and added -mod=@VopSounds_2.1 in the target box, but wen i klick ok it ses that it's not legit, controll that the search path and filename is corekt.

I'm cinda new at this so i dont know wer to go from her. Can sombody help?

Hi this is my first forum community post så go easy on me.

I hav a problem installing the VopSounds_2.1 modd. I hav created a folder inside the min ArmA 2 directory that i calld @VopSounds_2.1 and inside that one another folder calld Addons and extracted al the pbo/bisign files to it. Then went to the quicklaunch icon on my desktop and whent in to properties and added -mod=@VopSounds_2.1 in the target box, but wen i klick ok it ses that it's not legit, controll that the search path and filename is corekt.

I'm cinda new at this so i dont know wer to go from her. Can sombody help?

That looks correct. Try changing the folder name to @vop It may not like the "." in your previous name

That looks correct. Try changing the folder name to @vop It may not like the "." in your previous name

Tanks for trying to help but i got the same results...

Inside AddOns you will have a lot of Folder.

Take the content out and put only on "AddOns Folder.This should work.

Will be like:

@Vop->AddOns->All the .pbo and .bisgn files.

i alredy have that setupp. i'v got @Vop/addons/all pbo bisign files.

thers no other folders in the addons folder. Just the files. As it sould be? right

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Maby a little more specific then.

Inside ArmA 2 main directory folder:

1. @Vop/addons/all pbo and bisign files

2. AddOns/original pbo and bisign files

3. Data

4. Keys

5. Missions

6. MP Missions

Maby it can help to know this?

I only get messed up sounds when something fires in full auto.... everything else works fine, and right now I am not using repacked version.... maybe i'll try it...

Honx, try to copy the Key to same place as the .pbo and .bsing (@Vop->AddOns Folders).

Honx, try to copy the Key to same place as the .pbo and .bsing (@Vop->AddOns Folders).

Am i to place the the file key in the addons folder together with all the pbo. bisign. files? Just the key or the whol folder?

Well, great sounds indeed, much better than in vanilla, but what I want to really hear in ARMA2 is a realistic sound for weapons in distance. Unfortunately, VopSound is not succesfull in this case too.

Here is example, how it should sounds:

Thanks for your attention.

It seams that it dosent mather waterver i do. The outcom is still the same...

((not legit, controll that the search path and filename is corekt)) I gues it will never work on my comp.

Thanks for trying guys

Wierd, none of the servers I usually play on accept this popular sound mod. (7th Cav, 15th MEU, 506th).

I put the server key VopSound.bikey in along with the other pbos, but I can't get on any server with VOPs on. (?) Single player works fine.

------

edit

------

Ah, that file is only for the hosting servers... doh!

Guess they're all boycotting this addon???

Edited by Kridian

Kridian, Tatical Gamer accept those cotents signature.

And its a awesome server.

------

Pretty much, I think there are only 2 public servers that with addon signature enabled that allow VOP. One is the Old Farts server and the other starts with a U. If you play on Old Farts make sure you have the small update of VOP the author posted on this thread.

Hm weapons fired in full automatic give me a bad cracking sound when the sound disappears. It like RATATAT...tatat.... tat...ta....CRACKING SOUND.

Is it a known bug you already talked about ?

Argh, noticed it now in Vanilla ArmA2, too. Is it known bug ? plz tell me x/

greetz

Edited by Cionara

Wierd, none of the servers I usually play on accept this popular sound mod. (7th Cav, 15th MEU, 506th).

I put the server key VopSound.bikey in along with the other pbos, but I can't get on any server with VOPs on. (?) Single player works fine.

------

edit

------

F.Y.I. The 1stinfantry.org #1 server accepts Vop Sounds mod.

F.Y.I. The 1stinfantry.org #1 server accepts Vop Sounds mod.

Good to know!