Sign in to follow this  
reb

Delaying the bear, AI unresponsive

If they respond again properly from this point on, would it be possible that you upload your save somewhere?

Would at least be a temporary fix

Hmm yes, this unresponsive AI thing is a little bit of a show stopper for me campagin wise at least, hopefully the next couple of patches will address this problem.

Having loads of fun with the editor anyway.

I've hit this dead end too. I'm enjoying the game and there are still loads to do with a broken campaign but this still isn't right. If it's anti pirate ware causing this just removed it.

You don't sell poisoned food to stop theifs eating it! So why do it with gaming?

Well,no problems so far!

Survived the ambush and my men responded normally.

How much more can I tell without beeing a spoiler?

But I didn't go much further in this mission,the enemy did attack and afterwords my men took the weapons and did obey all of my orders!

Sure, I thought about uploading my savegame (just entered the Truck and it began moving) but don't know how to attach it here!

Not very firm with using sites like "Filefront"...

Can send somebody my Savegame via E-Mail or as PM!

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

One more thing I just discovered :

after saving this mission from the editor and copying it into the Campaign-SavedMissions,all following saves will be stored in a seperate Folder in UserMissions within the USER/DOCUMENTS Folder!!!No longer in the usual CampaignSaveFolder... Strange,but it works!

Saving and loading within the Camapign-Mission works normally-no difference !

Thats why I didn't know it until now when I was trying to find the Savegame which I wanted to share with You!

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

That's it !!!!!

It doesn't work !!! :-(

You can finish the mission,but You cannot continue the Campaign...

Sorry,would have been too nice to be true

I restarted the mission, and the hotfix didn't change anything for me: AI is always static.

BI says in changelog that the patch is not compatible with previous saves, is it really the truth ? I don't want to have to restart all the campaign from the begining each time a patch is release...

Edited by Gemini

I restarted this mission and the AI was controllable for myself, will try next mission in a little bit.

hotfix didn't mention anything about campaign fixes, it was mainly to include working Anti-aliasing. As long as you had the previous 1.02 patch installed save games should work fine.

Edited by stun

after restarting the mission and apply the hotfix my AI works now :)

That's a nice surprise, as I didn't see anything in the change log about campaign bug fixes.

after restarting the mission and apply the hotfix my AI works now :)

Same here. Reverted 'Delaying the bear' and this time the AI works in both that mission and the following one :)

I have the same problem,

The IA wasn't responding in the "Delaying the Bear" and "Badlands" mission.

But I've finaly managed to finish "BadLands".

When you have taken the first willage (Novy Sobor) two cinematics comes.

Don't skip them otherwise your teammates will not respond again :( !

Then comes the next mission : "The Dogs of War" (Chien de Guerre in French)

And ...

IA is not responding again !!!! :(

And ...

I've installed the hotfix but it still doesn't work :(:(

Did someone get the same trouble for that mission "The Dog Of War" (the next one of "Badlands" mission) ?

Thank's !

Edited by SpunKer

Yeah, AI isn't responding on dogs of war for me either.

Damnit :(

I tried to uninstall Arma and to install it again. I've run the last patch released (1.02.58134) but it still the same, the bots are still paraplegic ...

:/

Yeah there is indeed a lot of Bugs, but I have to say, when the bugs have been squashed, this game is gonna be AWESOME. Im loving it already, but yeah, the bugs are very annoying.

Just when I thought BIS had nailed it, I was really enjoying the campaign and now... this. A gamebreaking bug in the main campaign and it's gone unfixed for almost a month, I'm done recommending this game.

Install 1.02 hotfix and restart that mission, this problem was fixed there.

Can you please have Maruk add it to the update notes then?

what about next mission, its the same bug?

Bohemia,

really thanks for the fix in "Delaying the Bear".

Now Razor team AI works perfectly.

Thank you, i really like your game.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

what about next mission, its the same bug?

Yes it appears that Team Razor AI remains unresponsive in "Badlands" also after the last hotfix.

I played the mission "Badlands" today: no way. Razor AI starts to work only after Novy Sobor conquered (5 or 10 minutes of playing from the start).

By the way, after you capture the first town Novy Sobor everything it's ok. Well, that's fine to me...nothing is perfect...

I installed the 1.02 patch, still have the Deaf & Dumb Squad. So ive stopped play now until patch fixes the campaign. Having fun making own missions & messing around in the armoury, trying to open everything. Just played a chicken trying to escape the hunters, lol.

In the "Dog Of War" mission, it's still the same.

and we are supposed to take the entire command of the operation by talking to a General in the begining...

But the General is not reponding too, so I can't be the leader of the all operation :/

(and the razor's AI doesn't respond too ...)

I installed the fix and restarted this mission (delaying the bear) but AI is still static. I don't know what to do...

Hotfix seemed to work for me, you need to 'revert' the mission, it worked. But, still can't team-switch to other members of my squad.