Sign in to follow this  
alex.xp

VME PLA MOD for ARMA II

I've been waiting Months for a Link for this Mod !

It always fail because I can not read Chinese !

Big Thanks !!!

Regards

(ST6)Predator

I have downloaded this Mod after some weeks try and error's :confused: on the original site, then i went to shanghai to work and returned, so now i could nearly understand what the chinese download site´s said;).

I'm entering the password given and 7-Zip saying it is the wrong one.

And it is only these files apparently since their size is 0 according to my computer:

pgz96.pbo

vme_pla_men.pbo

vme_pla_weapons.pbo

vme_tex.pbo

vme_zbl09.pbo

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

I'm entering the password given and 7-Zip saying it is the wrong one.

Works fine here:confused:, try again with >>CHINAVME.COM<<;)

So, I redownload this files to check it.

redownloded the files, no problem with it to unpack, so it might be a problem on your site, try some other programs ex. winrar

Edited by FiedelC

When I start Arma 2 with the Mod I get the following Error Message :

Addon ´VME_Groups´requires addon ´vem_pla_eq2050

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Regards

(ST6)Predator

It's an error I´m working on, when I´m find it i give alex a hind so he can correct it. But for the time it´s a beta so live with it and ignorre it.:rolleyes:

normaly you can press OK an the game starts

Edited by FiedelC

Thanks FiedelC!:bounce3:

Regards

(ST6)Predator

I see this issuse, we will fix it.

First, thanks for Alex.XP and his team for bringing us this mod!

Second, I must report another error. Everytime I try to load the ZBL-09 Wheeled IFV in the editor, the Game crashes and I'm returned to the desktop immediately.

Also, some pictures in the equipment screen and loadouts are still not correct; for example the QSZ-92 Pistol has a M9 Beretta pic, and the Grenadier is armed with an AK-74 with GP25 instead of an QBZ-95 with Type 91B Grenade Launcher. But I think this is the point of having a beta :)

Again. Thank you for making this mod! :yay:

VME PLA MOD for ARMA2 Beta2 released???? really when???? did u mean the ACEX PLA??? n what happen y its not part of ACE mod any more??? and what if i wanna update my PLA where should i go??? its still at version 19 which is almost excatly 1 year old.

You do realize these aren't the same people right and therefore not the same mod? There is no where to update the ACEX PLA mod. It was removed cause the author didn't update it. Best bet is not to use the ACEX PLA mod cause it's probably not all that compatible anymore. Hell I don't even think it has been updated since OA came out so there is bound to be some problems...even if they aren't apparent.

If you want info about that mod than look up the thread and contact the author.

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=2657

It looks like he visits the forums, was active yesterday, but he hasn't posted anything since the beginning of the year. I'd like to hear why he won't update the ACEX version.(Unless he has explained it and I missed it) It's a damn shame cause I got a whole pile of missions I made using it that I can't release.

Alex.XP,

Thanks for the release and all the time you've put into this. I will look forward to using it and if it's compatible with ACE2 I'd gladly replace your units for the ACEX_PLA ones and release these missions I have sitting on my HD.

Thanks again.

Edited by Manzilla

well i just had a play around with it and i quite enjoyed it, very well made and the weapons and models are top notch. good job!

few small issues:

- a popup saying Addon ´VME_Groups´requires addon ´vem_pla_eq2050 appears when launching the game

- a few errors when spawning mechanised infantry groups which results in a few members of the squad missing

good to see a nice full army that uses neither NATO or warsaw pact weapons or vehicles for once. any plans for the future? will you include the PLAN marines with their trademark bright blue camouflage in a future release?

Edited by fludblud

You do realize these aren't the same people right and therefore not the same mod? There is no where to update the ACEX PLA mod. It was removed cause the author didn't update it. Best bet is not to use the ACEX PLA mod cause it's probably not all that compatible anymore. Hell I don't even think it has been updated since OA came out so there is bound to be some problems...even if they aren't apparent.

If you want info about that mod than look up the thread and contact the author.

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=2657

It looks like he visits the forums, was active yesterday, but he hasn't posted anything since the beginning of the year. I'd like to hear why he won't update the ACEX version.(Unless he has explained it and I missed it) It's a damn shame cause I got a whole pile of missions I made using it that I can't release.

Alex.XP,

Thanks for the release and all the time you've put into this. I will look forward to using it and if it's compatible with ACE2 I'd gladly replace your units for the ACEX_PLA ones and release these missions I have sitting on my HD.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your work, the OH PLA's author - Fromz is my friend. He is very busy on his job. As the same problem, our VME PLA's progress is very slow.

The MOD is still have a lots of bugs in this time, so I think it can not use of make missions.

well i just had a play around with it and i quite enjoyed it, very well made and the weapons and models are top notch. good job!

few small issues:

- a popup saying Addon ´VME_Groups´requires addon ´vem_pla_eq2050 appears when launching the game

- a few errors when spawning mechanised infantry groups which results in a few members of the squad missing

good to see a nice full army that uses neither NATO or warsaw pact weapons or vehicles for once. any plans for the future? will you include the PLAN marines with their trademark bright blue camouflage in a future release?

Thank for your response, We planed to make some new Units like marines. But we must finish the first version.

Thank you! I really liked the Half Moon PLA mod that was out there. I was severely disappointed to see nothing happen with it. I have been dyng for a Chinese jet and anti air vehicles.

So now that you brought this mod out, it gives us a much better ability to use it. All your statics, and vehicles and camo schemes finally make the PLA something that can be taken seriously in this game.

Unfortunately BI doesn't seem to think it is important to include statics, and support features for armies they give us. It drives me insane that BI releases "Reinforcements" but don't give us FULL armies. We have to rely on U.S. warfare buildings, and most statics, for Blufor, etc...

But thanks to you and your mod we have all aspects of an army that we need (except warfare buildings). But, hey you gave us more than what BI gave us with the British addon.

I haven't had any problems so far. I put all the units in the game and no errors.

For feedback, there heads look weird. Can't explain it. And I'm not to fond of the (T) camo. Looking at pictures online, the colors are correct, but the pattern is more scattered. The halfmoon pla mod, had a pretty close pattern. In fact your © pattern looks more like the way the pattern is, but too heavy. I think if you just added a little more to each patch of color, it would look right.

But that's just feedback. It's close enough to play with, and it IS VERY good work. Thanks

Wait, added this later, I did find a couple issues. I couldn't find a way to get into the artillery vehicle, or whatever it's called. I couldn't get into the driver seat. just the other ones. And on the tank, I had to stand to the rear and a few feet away from the back corner in order to get into gunner or commander position. I circled around it for a while before i found the way inside. but awesome.

Edited by victim913

Thank you! I really liked the Half Moon PLA mod that was out there. I was severely disappointed to see nothing happen with it. I have been dyng for a Chinese jet and anti air vehicles.

So now that you brought this mod out, it gives us a much better ability to use it. All your statics, and vehicles and camo schemes finally make the PLA something that can be taken seriously in this game.

Unfortunately BI doesn't seem to think it is important to include statics, and support features for armies they give us. It drives me insane that BI releases "Reinforcements" but don't give us FULL armies. We have to rely on U.S. warfare buildings, and most statics, for Blufor, etc...

But thanks to you and your mod we have all aspects of an army that we need (except warfare buildings). But, hey you gave us more than what BI gave us with the British addon.

I haven't had any problems so far. I put all the units in the game and no errors.

For feedback, there heads look weird. Can't explain it. And I'm not to fond of the (T) camo. Looking at pictures online, the colors are correct, but the pattern is more scattered. The halfmoon pla mod, had a pretty close pattern. In fact your © pattern looks more like the way the pattern is, but too heavy. I think if you just added a little more to each patch of color, it would look right.

But that's just feedback. It's close enough to play with, and it IS VERY good work. Thanks

Wait, added this later, I did find a couple issues. I couldn't find a way to get into the artillery vehicle, or whatever it's called. I couldn't get into the driver seat. just the other ones. And on the tank, I had to stand to the rear and a few feet away from the back corner in order to get into gunner or commander position. I circled around it for a while before i found the way inside. but awesome.

Thanks and we will fix this issue in next version.

First things first, CONGRATULATIONS on release. Very good mod I am loving it so far :)

In this comment I am not saying VME is bad i love it so far but I would like to give some constructive critisism.

Some bugs you may or may not know about:

QSw06 pistol crashes game.

Stuff that should be added:

1. ACE mod compatability. The majority of players use ACE mod. This mod does not need to become part of ACE, although a seperate file making it ACE compatable will make life easy for both ACE and non-ACE users.

Some ACE features that will benifit players include: combat deafness, range levelling for guns and launchers, improved armor damage system (very very good makes tanks fun to use), damage done to humans and damage done to vehicles becomes seperate allowing for powerful weapons that WON'T blow up a tank if shot enough. This also will fix some bugs that are caused by VME not being compatable with ACE.

2. Ammunition needs to be worked on. For example adding sub sonic ammunition and making sure VME weapons use Chinese ammo (for example the pistol suse m9 ammo) and it would be nice but is not neccesary for ammo to have technical names. (Does not need to be DBP87 and DPB88 but something like 5.8x42mm.) For example the Chinese 50cal machine gun's ammo has the same name as the gun. Also changing the names of the vehicle mounted weapons to their correct names would be a big favour :)

These are some feature requests that are not urgent but I believe will improve the mod a lot:

1. Sounds. Custom sounds would be great and add loads more immersion to your mod. RWS (Real Warare Soundmod) is a great sound mod and its creator Konrad may be willing to help you.

2. Give Optical Snare your config files so he can include your weapons in his great mod "WarFX Blastcore". http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111985

This mod is very good and will improve the visual effects of your mod like he has for standard BIS stuff (muzzle flashes, muzzle smoke and stuff like that).

3. Adding the type-67 II machine gun to the game would increase variety for players, but the real reason for adding the type 67 II is because it can replace the coaxil PKT machine gun on vehicles.

4. Adding the type 92 (ZSL92) APC would be nice, it is a cool vehicle and I believe it is in service.

5. Moving parts on weapons. Type 88 machine gun and the "PLA23MMGUN" have modelled ammo belts that do not move when the gun is fired. I understand that this is only a beta and this is probably already being owrked on as we speak but just incase you were un aware I thought I would let you know.

All in all great mod best of luck for the future:)

@Victem913 the camoflague is fine © is the newer woodland camo and (T) is the urban camo that you may have seen in movies (and operation flashpoint dragon rising).

Edited by Tom1

ACE mod compatability. The majority of players use ACE mod.

Sorry?! When was that poll conducted !!

And how many people were ask, 2? You and yourself?

I think your stealth check of everyones game servers must have a critical error !! :p

Gnat;1908840']Sorry?! When was that poll conducted !!

And how many people were ask' date=' 2? You and yourself?

I think your stealth check of everyones game servers must have a critical error !! :p[/quote']

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this lol

1. ACE mod compatability. The majority of players use ACE mod.

No, no, no, no, no. Ace≠cba.

Sweet mod: I always love having the option of using the PLA.

I did find that some of the units disappeared (sometimes apart from their helmets) at certain LODs. Also, once the attack helo crashed, it didn't switch to a damaged skin and the units inside went into the base rigid animation - the whole lot then became indestructible.

Is the reticule on the sniper rifle actually white in reality?

Anyway, lovely models, will be good to have some Chinese voices hopefully in the future.

Cheers,

The soldiers have names of the US soldiers which hurts the feeling of playing the PLA

The fixed Type 99 MBT(ZTZ99):

Please download and replace the pbo.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

First things first, CONGRATULATIONS on release. Very good mod I am loving it so far :)

In this comment I am not saying VME is bad i love it so far but I would like to give some constructive critisism.

Some bugs you may or may not know about:

QSw06 pistol crashes game.

Stuff that should be added:

1. ACE mod compatability. The majority of players use ACE mod. This mod does not need to become part of ACE, although a seperate file making it ACE compatable will make life easy for both ACE and non-ACE users.

Some ACE features that will benifit players include: combat deafness, range levelling for guns and launchers, improved armor damage system (very very good makes tanks fun to use), damage done to humans and damage done to vehicles becomes seperate allowing for powerful weapons that WON'T blow up a tank if shot enough. This also will fix some bugs that are caused by VME not being compatable with ACE.

2. Ammunition needs to be worked on. For example adding sub sonic ammunition and making sure VME weapons use Chinese ammo (for example the pistol suse m9 ammo) and it would be nice but is not neccesary for ammo to have technical names. (Does not need to be DBP87 and DPB88 but something like 5.8x42mm.) For example the Chinese 50cal machine gun's ammo has the same name as the gun. Also changing the names of the vehicle mounted weapons to their correct names would be a big favour :)

These are some feature requests that are not urgent but I believe will improve the mod a lot:

1. Sounds. Custom sounds would be great and add loads more immersion to your mod. RWS (Real Warare Soundmod) is a great sound mod and its creator Konrad may be willing to help you.

2. Give Optical Snare your config files so he can include your weapons in his great mod "WarFX Blastcore". http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111985

This mod is very good and will improve the visual effects of your mod like he has for standard BIS stuff (muzzle flashes, muzzle smoke and stuff like that).

3. Adding the type-67 II machine gun to the game would increase variety for players, but the real reason for adding the type 67 II is because it can replace the coaxil PKT machine gun on vehicles.

4. Adding the type 92 (ZSL92) APC would be nice, it is a cool vehicle and I believe it is in service.

5. Moving parts on weapons. Type 88 machine gun and the "PLA23MMGUN" have modelled ammo belts that do not move when the gun is fired. I understand that this is only a beta and this is probably already being owrked on as we speak but just incase you were un aware I thought I would let you know.

All in all great mod best of luck for the future:)

@Victem913 the camoflague is fine © is the newer woodland camo and (T) is the urban camo that you may have seen in movies (and operation flashpoint dragon rising).

We will make the ACE compatability in future, thank you for your all suggestion.

Alex.XP, thanks for mod, it is really fun to play with it! Can you mirror the link for Type 99 MBT fix, I have problems with downloading it.

No, thank you for giving us quality PLA units. Tank fix is great.

@Gnat and desmond many large communities like shack tactical, 31st realism unit, ausarma and many more all use ACE mod primarilly, although I'll admit I was a bit quick to jump to the conclusion the majority of players use ACE, although if it becomes ACE compatable yet not part of ACE it isn't hurting anyone, but it will no doubt get much more support and hits. :)

Found another bug: The ZBD-04 tracked IFV has no sound when driving.

Beside the already mentioned points, there arent many other things to complain about ;)

Some suggestions for additional content :) :

1. Maybe adding the PF-89 single-use LAW to the mod, in the same manner as ACE2 does with the M136 (ie. single use, disposable tube and a short preparing time before usage)?

2. Suggest to add an "Automatic Grenadier" to the PLA weapon squads, who are armed with the QLZ-87 35mm Auto Grenade Launcher, to complement the QLZ-04 AGL already in the mod. But in difference to the QLZ-04, the QLZ-87 should be modeled as the light version, which is portable by one man and should work just like a MG, albeit with a huge recoil that makes shooting from the hip impossible.

3. Add the QCW/QCQ-05 5.8x28mm SMG for the Special Forces/TZBD in both suppressed and unsuppressed version. Generally, a silenced QBZ-95 with Aimpoint-sights for the TZBD would be great, since the silenced pistol alone wont cut it for some missions IMO.

4. The PLA now lacks a shotgun: Maybe add the new QBS-09 semi-auto shotgun for this purpose?

5. Maybe, and just maybe, if you can spare some resources... How about the new ZH-05 OICW combined weapon for specialized (digitalized) TZBD troops? This weapon is still pretty new in the PLA, but according to the speculative sources, the PLA was experimenting with 'Land Warrior'-esque projects for at least a decade. With a PLA 'Land-Warrior' available, there will be some awesome missions for ArmA2 being made.

Thanks again for this beautiful mod!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

We will make the ACE compatability in future, thank you for your all suggestion.

Is there another link? My Chinese is not good enough to understand what link I have to use :D:D:D

Regards (ST6)Predator