Sign in to follow this  
guy123

Ati owners must read

Hey, I've noticed lots of people talking about graphical glitches, grey textures, crashing, weird triangles, invisible objects, slow memory loading times etc.

From what I have gathered through trawling through these forums everyday for the last week, it is to do with our drivers. But don't worry, its not all bad.

On 10.6.09 (10th of the 6th, in American dating standards it would be 6.10.09) ATI will be releasing a driver that according to BIS will contain a fix for this issue.

Be aware of the ^ mentioned ^ issue, when posting about your problem.

according to BIS will contain a fix for this issue.

will? is it confirmed? or might would be more appropriate word?

Nvidia has the same issues.

Really? that's the first Nvidia complaint I've heard, you should send a ticket to BIS.

Have you got the latest drivers? you should make a thread, mention in the title you have an Nvidia, and post screen shots of the glitches.

Really? that's the first Nvidia complaint I've heard, you should send a ticket to BIS.

Have you got the latest drivers? you should make a thread, mention in the title you have an Nvidia, and post screen shots of the glitches.

Nah, check the CTD thread. There's people with Nvidia cards that are getting the exact same ctd and vm error.

Hmm.. must have overlooked them, strange, you guys should definitely get on at BIS to talk to Nvidia about releasing new drivers!

hopefully that new ATI driver gets also fixed Crossfire / X2 profile for ArmA2.exe

hopefully that new ATI driver gets also fixed Crossfire / X2 profile for ArmA2.exe

in which case it will be time to add another ati card to my mix. but it would be pointless otherwise if only one works at a time.

I've just bought an ATI 4890 and the game crashes after some minutes. After reading the event observer, it seems to be a problem with d3dx9.dll (directx9). Of course my directx is updated. Do you think that it's the problem mentioned ?

Edit : Ok now I can't launch the game anymore...

Edit : It seems that putting the "video memory" option in default instead of very high allows me to play again and in better conditions.

Edited by Kr3v

I've just bought an ATI 4890 and the game crashes after some minutes. After reading the event observer, it seems to be a problem with d3dx9.dll (directx9). Of course my directx is updated. Do you think that it's the problem mentioned ?

Edit : Ok now I can't launch the game anymore...

Edit : It seems that putting the "video memory" option in default instead of very high allows me to play again and in better conditions.

Weird... I have a 4890 as well and I have not experienced a single crash... I have tried it on both dafault and very high memory settings (very high works much better BTW). Which OS do you use and which version of ATI drivers do you have?

Peace,

DreDay

I have Ati Catalyst 9.5 and the glitches are totally gone now, so u dont need to wait for that new driver.

Weird... I have a 4890 as well and I have not experienced a single crash... I have tried it on both dafault and very high memory settings (very high works much better BTW). Which OS do you use and which version of ATI drivers do you have?

Peace,

DreDay

I have the latest drivers and I've just formated my computer (it didn't change nothing). it seems to work better in default instead of very high. I'm using XP32.

Edit : Well, in default video memory settings the game seems to run but I still get artifacts. I tried with CCC9.4 and 9.5

fa79ff7b-805e-4dd5-8393-7802f43dd7e3.jpg 7e98cd15-02b0-491d-a336-624aa51c493a 4d664a87-44d4-47de-956b-f296497b1cff.png 8ea2abc8-e210-4ab1-ae0e-ab315a3b5211.png 3c0adc84-9136-42b3-911e-bacfa33aeda5.png

Edited by Kr3v

Kr3v am getting alot of that on XP 4850X2 4GBRAM E64320 @ 3MHz But I dont get it on Windows 7..........

Yes, a friend told me that. I'll try with Seven.

Well, with Seven I didn't see artifacts but my computer reboot with a blue screen saying Bad_Poll_Header. All my drivers are updated....

I'm a huge fan of ArmA who own ArmA 2 and upgraded his computer to enjoy it at its best but who can't play it. I'm totally sad and disappointed...

Edited by Kr3v