Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - D-Day v1.0 released

Well,

first i have to say that i really like your mod very much even if im more into playing multiplayer than sp-missions. Im missing a warfare modus.

Second i would like to ask if you are willing to share your knowledge about porting maps and objects from Arma over to Arma2. I have to say that im also working on a Omahabeach-map for Arma which id like to port. I dont regard it as a competition. So if you could give some hints you would make me and i think many other modders of this community very happy.

Daniel

first i have to say that i really like your mod very much even if im more into playing multiplayer than sp-missions. Im missing a warfare modus.

The mod was designed with SP in mind. It was never tested online, or optimized specifically for MP. It should work on non-dedicated servers right now (or so I've heard from other people that tried it).

How would I go about getting a Landing Craft to Lower its plank. What would the action be for it?

It should work on non-dedicated servers right now (or so I've heard from other people that tried it).

Infact, their is a ingame video on Youtube showing a MP game of inv44.

(by: kaiserpanda)

Does anyone know how to fix the campaign when ever I load it up arma crashes? Ive only managed to get half up the beach before I save it then I die load up the saved game and arma crashes. Ive deleted my INV saved folder and its still doing the same thing.

Same problem. Didnt solve, I just restarted each section and played until I finished it all(after many attempts).

Like I've said before, you don't need to reload a saved game at all once you die, just hit "T" to switch to a different soldier.

move your men off the beach and clear those mortar hole:yay:

hey guys gunter here,

can i get the weapon classes from you. i made a bunch of missions for coop mp and im tryin to make a weapon cache with I44 weapons in it, and create a respawn script where when you die you will either respawn with the same weapons you started with or the last weapon you were useing.

i already have the script and code, but the script doesn't contain the I44 weapon classes that the script needs to run, can you make the list for me or send me what you got.

let me know.

also as mentioned before ammo cache, ammo, and repair trucks for I44 for both allied and Germans are defeinatley needed, i have a few tank missions where i get almost have through the mission and i have no way to repair or get ammo, so i got to depend on a vehicle respawn at the moment to fix this for me.

Keep up the good work guys!;)

Great mod!!!

A few subtle things I noticed:

The Garand pouches are too small, and the BAR bouches are WAY too small.

The M1 helmets are sitting too low on the soldiers heads

* Noticed the Heer shutze have work boots instead of the high shin black boots they wore

That's authentic. Ankle boots and canvas and leather anklets are much more

typical for mid-1944 than jackboots.

Got some questions for help. I tried to use an empty SDKFZ251 armor vehicle for SS troops and put driver and gunners into it by a script in the initiation blank in editor. In original SDKFZ251, there should be two gunners for MGS in front and back of the vehicle. How could set another gunner for the MG at the back in an empty SDKFZ251? Also the same case for the fourth crew in a tank. In OFP, could only have three men in a tank. And it seems in ARMA things could be different. But how to put the fourth man in an empty tank and what is his role by setting an initiation script in the editor?

By way, for SDKFZ251-2 with a mortar installed, it seems it never fires in game when I used it as a supporting unit in game. Anybody has got the same issue?

Edited by RUDOLF

wanted to point out:

* that the drivers hatch on the king tiger moves with the turrent.

*the cupola flap is floating in the air of the pz4(s) and its hull mg moves with the traverse of the turrent.

*Refuel/Repair/ammo trucks are desperatley needed.

*Solo tanking is almost impossible as you have to get out of the tank to move to the next position, mostly from driver to gunner, i really dont see the point of changing the existing arma setup, as long as your commander u should be able to get to any position.

I'm sure realism is to play in teh factor of this but, it really sucks.

*Tank, and Mg rounds shot should travel farther than what they do.

wanted to point out:

*Refuel/Repair/ammo trucks are desperatley needed.

Currently working on some, hope to get them done before our patch gets out.

Great mod, thanks! Again some WW2 stuff to Arma scene, just getting namely a bit tired with modern warfare.

What I'm missing now are missions. Günter said already some posts earlier, that he's doing some, but are you guys there at I44 studios going to host I44 missions repository or is there such already somewhere?

And before someone nags there that make yourself, yes, I would like to...but the time is the only resource right now I'm lacking.

EDIT: And behold! Just noticed there is a new warfare mission from Oden featuring I44, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=70964

Edited by Lagus_FinP
Additional information

Currently we dont have the persons for the job, our main guys who did worked on the campaign are trying their best to get the campaign worked out properly. We did made topics on our public forum (found at: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/ )

People can post their own creations, or comment others how they did.

And yes, Oden did an amazing job converting the Warfare mission! must say, i've enjoyed it allot!

Günter said already some posts earlier, that he's doing some, but are you guys there at I44 studios going to host I44 missions repository or is there such already somewhere?

If you want, i can post the missions i do have here in this forum, im currently updating a mission with a script that allows inf to get any german weapon they want from an ammo box.

still dont have any repair or ammo trucks but the I44 team is on it, so ill wait til they get those out and update accordingly.

my missions are pretty epic, they are not campaigns. I'll post a link for the mission u can check out once i get it uploaded to my filefront account.

I use with I44 the GL3 Link mod you can find it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=70893

this seriously enhances the AI,

I also use JTD smoke which u can find here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=68101&highlight=JTD+smoke

these 2 mods are not required to play my missions, but they sure as hell enhance teh immersion and the realism of the game by far!

i also include a Script from Kronsky which is the UPS or urban patrol script, you dont need to set way points, and the ai squad will patrol a whole designated sector of a town or where ever u want, the Ai is also enhanced in the script, but thats built into the mission.

My unit and I play Axis side only so my missions are axis based, so if you prefer allieds then i guess you'll need to find someone else for your missions, lol or do what i do make your own!

been making my own since Vanilla OFP 2001 baby;)

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

not sure if someone pointed this out already, and i forgot to mention that the mortors shoot but you cannot aim, nor can the AI, they are basically unuseable in the game.

I play now under GL3 when in game of INV44. AI reaction seems better and could be more positive in the engagement instead of just lingering around the same place.

But the wounded animation missed which interests me much and the shot men would be all dead intead of rolling on the ground and possilbly rejoining the fight.

In addition, one thing still seems unimproved and maybe the reason of BIS since OFP. The troops become too cautious when hearing fighting sounds still far away from them. They move very slow and often crouch to the ground although the enemy still couldn't bee seen. I think such reaction should just be under fire of the enemy or spot the enemy. So it becomes annoying the soldiers are in the desperate situation in the front line and the reinforcements couldn't reach faster on time than expected. Because they move very slow and hit to the ground from time to time although still far from the fighting place.

Edited by RUDOLF

I think I44 and Gl3 conflict because without I44 GL3 Ai is rather aggressive, on my end,

a mission i had made and still upgrading it is in a pz assaulting a village , i had various inf squads with at, and once 1 enemy tank saw me he retreated and with in 5 min of hearing the gunfireing i was doing at the town,

I had a squad if not more tanks flank me and infantry as well, i was getting hit from all angles, some areas i really had no idea where i was getting hit from, but GL3 does work very well, adn even better with the UPS script.

heres a link to the script, its very easy to implement into your missions, and i guarentee you will be up for a fight, who needs to play againted players when the AI is much smarter and will hunt you down!

UPS script (Urban Patrol Script)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=55823&highlight=UPS+Urban+patrol+script

a link on the same page takes u here as well, this shows you what the AI does and how to put it into your mission:

http://www.kronzky.info/ups/

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Ok guys, i got a nice present for you,

here are screenshots i took when the mod came out,I just never got around to posting them.

Screenshots show just about every unit in the mod, for those that dont have the mod yet, tell me WTF are you waiting for?

I hope i dont break any forum rule when i post these, if i do very sorry in advance.

These go out to 1 of my favorite mods and WW2 Team I44, been with you guys since the OFP days

2083110500100938045S600x600Q85.jpg

2846745250100938045S600x600Q85.jpg

2565631960100938045S600x600Q85.jpg

2965088750100938045S600x600Q85.jpg

2789509620100938045S600x600Q85.jpg

continued..