Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - D-Day v1.0 released

I think you can simulate it going backwards. I think I did it once...

Yes, of course it can go backwards in ArmA. It was only OFP that had that

silly "uppy-downy" recoil.

mate that is such an awesome video,nice one:yay:

Hey again, thanks for your reply John, have a couple more for you:

* heer are missing decals on helmets:

goes left side of helmetwerhmacht.jpggoes right side of helmetww2germanarmydecal.jpg

* On the Stug, the loader's mg, his left hand blocks the view of the gun sites

* Noticed the Heer shutze have work boots instead of the high shin black boots they wore

* Not sure if this is possible but the panzer commander should have binocs, also for stugs, their should be parascope

* any way possible to have adjustable gun sites for the main cannon?

* any possibility we will see an me109, or german planes at all, ju52, and maybe Fallshirmjager?

* Any Allied Airborne units be in the mod?

all for now

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Generally, the left sign on helmet for Heer or SS troops was not used anymore from 1943. But the sign on right side could be kept and put on.

It seems MG man missing MG tools and MG43 man just using all K98 ammo case in game. Maybe could add MG tool case and G43ammo case in future.

For american crews, could remove backpacks in hidden selection and would be better to make some new crews. In future version, is it possible to add more soldier and officer variation in different ranks and camo unit, and put map case, binocular to officer.

Edited by RUDOLF

I agree with Rudolf. Helmets with various insignia were used though-out the war, though I don't know if I would appreciate having a target on my head if I were a soldier in the field. That is one reason the double-decals were discontinued when the M42 came about, not only cost-cutting but field experience.

mate that is such an awesome video,nice one:yay:

Sorry to double post, but awesome job! Now that's art!

There aren't going to be any new additions made in patch(es). The patch(es) will only contain fixes to problems. I've seen people posting their wishlists, and would like to say: Save yourselves the effort, they won't be looked at, and certainly not considered. Adding new content with the "global" release of ArmA2 so near is not worth the effort.

There is not going to be much of a future for the ArmA1 history. It's one or two patches to fix the important things, mostly crashes and performance related, and after that the ArmA1 project is history. Don't expect lavish remodeling of things or things being added, because it won't happen.

Of course, we know. Just mean the future release for ARMAII.

Of course, we know. Just mean the future release for ARMAII.

There is not much point in suggesting stuff/inquiring about stuff for that either, since we're going to make up a list ourselves based mainly on our most urgent needs for the campaign, and stick with it unless engine changes/limitations force us to make changes to this list.

The list will probably not be published (certainly not until it's all been decided on), so we can't answer your questions.

Amazing detail on the vehicles, love them.

Only issue I have is the extremely slow turret speed. Sure it was such back in the old days but slapping mouse sideways 360 times for a full turn with the Tiger Main Gun gets a little tiresome.

(after all, when driver makes an ArmA-ai-only break turn avoiding the non-existent object no one sees in front of them the turrent turns really fast due to the genereic ingame gun stab. system).

Overall - really great work here guys. Should fit perfect for my Invasion Warfare.

wonderfull mod... really! thanks guys

Big thx to members of Inv44. You have created the best MOD for ARMA.

Thats an awesome mod. Thanks a lot.

Thanks so much for all your obvious hard work on this mod. Im so happy to have access to your hard work in the editor.

One small thing thing i have to ask.

What are your minimum reccomended specs for the campaign?. Im on the verge of building an new machine for arma2 and sadly, due to my childrens need for food, i need to do it as cheaply as possible.

Id like to be able to play the first mission at an acceptable frame rate (20+), as from what i can see through the 1-3 fps i get currently, it looks and sounds like just what i have been longing for.

What would the mission author reccomend?

What are your minimum recommended specs for the campaign?. I'm on the verge of building an new machine for arma2 and sadly, due to my children's need for food, i need to do it as cheaply as possible.

Id like to be able to play the first mission at an acceptable frame rate (20+), as from what i can see through the 1-3 fps i get currently, it looks and sounds like just what i have been longing for.

What would the mission author recommend?

I don't think anyone has been able to play the mission well at present due to the scripting issues. You could buy the most expensive components in existence, and it still wouldn't be any good. The only thing that should be needed besides an average pc (hardly any one of us has a top-of-the-line system either) is our fix(es) to these issues in a patch. Unfortunately we don't know when this patch will be released due to time constraints.

It seems I haven't got an issue to play the campaign. And also very strange thing is now got few crashes in my editor mission than the first days. Maybe my PC becomes used to your stuff? -) But the stupid AI actions still annoy me..

For an updation patch, maybe could exempt it for ARMA I and just give a new Beta in similar level for ARMAII directly?

when i put this mod in arma2 the rifle and the soldiers are displaced when i start them in editor, how did u guys used them in ur arma 2 vid?

the soldiers are half in the earth and the rifle is somewhere on their left but functioning.

can u list the pbos u used from arma1?

when i put this mod in arma2 the rifle and the soldiers are displaced when i start them in editor, how did u guys used them in ur arma 2 vid?

the soldiers are half in the earth and the rifle is somewhere on their left but functioning.

can u list the pbos u used from arma1?

We don't allow unauthorized ports of our ArmA1 mod, or any part of it to any game including OFP and ArmA2. Therefore we do not offer any support, and will not answer any questions regarding this non-standard use of mod files. Any non-standard use of any of the mod's files in the game ArmA1 is subject to the following restriction:

- Permission (if granted) is only valid for ArmA, not for any other game or mod (not even other BIS games).

If any of the restrictions in either the License Agreement or Readme are violated, the freeware license to use the mod, which everyone agreed to when running the installer, is terminated immediately. We do not want to see any 3rd party ports, not even for "personal use".

You'll just have to wait like everyone else, which hopefully won't be that long.

yeah dont waste your time trying to port the arma1 mod to arma2,we are already onto it,and as john said,it shouldnt be long.

we already have the map in,functioning ok just a few thing to clear up code wise,some p3d issues etc,but its looking good atm.

arma201.jpg

sorry guys , didnt wanted to upset u , i just was experimenting a bit for myself, just good to see u are already working on it :)

peace

Hey guys, Gunter here again.

I probably should have looked but do you guys have like fuel and ammo trucks for either allied or Germans?

last question.

Im trying to make a ammo box that contains all the german weapons, do you have a list of weapon class that i can add to a script that would make them availiable in the ammo?

thanks again for all your hard work!

Gunter

Hi Gunter, we don't currently have any weapon or fuel boxes. I'll try to pass that down the chain for the future, as well as getting you a list of the weapon and ammo names.

Hey guys, Gunter here again.

I probably should have looked but do you guys have like fuel and ammo trucks for either allied or Germans?

Thats an interested idea, could be something we can add in a later stadium.

Edited by Marss911