Sign in to follow this  
alef

Xfire: Now includes fix for ArmA2 compatibility

Been playing around with this more .... the problem with it that when typing in Xfire your keyboard (for commands) is still active. Its similar to the problem with A2 ingame chat where you turn on NV by pressing n, but this is activated when you type anything in chat with an n !

@CrazyAce What OS you running ? If it is XP32 as I am running then there are no problems with screenshots, videos or broadcasting !

im having no problems what so ever ,just there needs to be more support, like ingame chat

If you check my previous post in this thread there is NOW ingame chat !

If you check my previous post in this thread there is NOW ingame chat !

hmm well seems its not working for me

There seems to be something up with W7 and Xfire funxtionality. I don't know why. Perhaps someone with W7 or Vista64/32 will be able to test some of the other potential options (found in the xfire_games.ini file)

Aha.. The CODE tag works better than the QUOTE tag. No space in INPUT no more :)

[5856_2]
LongName=ARMA 2
ShortName=arma2
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Main
LauncherExe=arma2.exe
DetectExe=arma2.exe
LauncherNetworkArgs=-connect=%UA_GAME_HOST_NAME% 
_GAME_HOST_PORT%
Launch=
_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% 
_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% 
_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_WINDOWS_INPUT

Is there some secret to getting xfire to work right with ARMA II? It works for all my other games so far, but in ARMA II I cannot take screen shots, or shoot video. The key binds just do not work. Also it didnt recognize ARMA II was installed at first, I had to manually add it to my installed games screen.

in b4 move! DO IT PLACEBO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!, search for one of my threads, I listed a way you can make ARMA 2 pop up with xfire, search b4 u post, it will save you from getting a warning

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

here, rather than be a douche, I'll find the link for you :D Scroll down to where you see my post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73325&page=3

Shinobi575 yours doesnt work becuase of the formatting problem (this forum doesnt like % U A all together)

That's why I posted mine with Advanced.

Here is the way to do it....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73325&page=5

About half way down the page.

I cant find the xfire_games.ini file the OP talks about. Mind you I have Vista x64. Could you explain a little more please?

Edited by CrazyAviator

Im sure my cousin got his working by finding the games.ini in his 'my documents/xfire' or somewhere, whereas ours is in programfiles/xfire

in b4 move! DO IT PLACEBO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!, search for one of my threads, I listed a way you can make ARMA 2 pop up with xfire, search b4 u post, it will save you from getting a warning

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

here, rather than be a douche, I'll find the link for you :D Scroll down to where you see my post

Although i agree with ya! ;)

Surely that was before xfire update actually supported ArmA2?

Which it does now,but half my unit's xfires never still say they're playing ArmA2 when they actually are!

Very strange indeed!

ck-claw,

all those that arne't showing A2 need to go into Xfire>Tools>Options. They double click the arrow in the NOT installed section and they hunt for Arma2. Then they set up their A2 manually.

That should work.

Regards,

Kremator

ck-claw,

all those that arne't showing A2 need to go into Xfire>Tools>Options. They double click the arrow in the NOT installed section and they hunt for Arma2. Then they set up their A2 manually.

That should work.

Regards,

Kremator

Yepp agreed!:cool:

But ive not known any other game that u have to do this manually?

Usually after xfire update its done automatically!

I dont believe this has actually been fixed by Xfire. I updated Xfire and it still doesnt allow pics / videos to be taken within, nor does it run "in-game", Yes it shows me playing now because I added in manually.

Maybe YOU should search. 2 posts before yours, is a working one. Even a page before that too.

Maybe YOU should search. 2 posts before yours, is a working one. Even a page before that too.

err, yeah he posted that before the 2 threads were MERGED :p

Xfire still doesnt work correctly with ARMA 2 on vista 64 bit. I tried a lot of things to fix .ini file myself. First of all, somehow the game was registered in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2\MAIN

but not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\MAIN as it shown in examples.

Secondly, I've hardly made Xfire recognize ARMA 2 on my PC fiddling .ini file, however, it still shows [5856=1] (Xfire.ini) - Steam version, in spite of the fact i have dvd version. When I launch the game through Xfire, I cant see xfire's interface, except FPS counter and time. Besides that, performance strangely falls down.

I cant find the xfire_games.ini file the OP talks about. Mind you I have Vista x64. Could you explain a little more please?

Under Windows Vista go to C:\ProgramData\Xfire to find the file to modify

(this a hidden folder)

i have a question though which solution is the best : Shnobi's? Kremator?

Guies im getting confused everyone has its solution:confused2:

I used Kremator's code and i thank him, i have full ArmA 2 support XIG except the live join feature.

[5856_2]
LongName=ARMA 2
ShortName=arma2
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Main
LauncherExe=arma2.exe
DetectExe=arma2.exe
LauncherNetworkArgs=-connect=%UA_GAME_HOST_NAME% %UA_GAME_HOST_PORT%
Launch= %UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_WINDOWS_INPUT 

Everything works except this is it the same thing for you?

Btw i found that to get mouse control over xfire in game you need to press ESC (Escape) first.

Cheers:)

Edited by Lonestar

Xfire updated itself today and now it's stopped working, despite the fix still being in place in the ini file :(

Correction. I added Kremators code [5856_2] and it's working again.

Edited by Tankbuster
mng

But now it seems 1.04 has broken xfire again. :(

I had to reapply the changes above and it works BUT half the keys stop responding in the game, notably the / and enter key. Great.

Edited by Tankbuster