Sign in to follow this  
fjaekel

graphics bugs with ATI 4800 series (4850/4870/4890)

Dwarden, that was a good article to read, i'm not a programmer but there is already an application somewhere on the net "explorer suite" where you can change the header on the .exe to make it LAA.

dam you guys just lost me with the the crysis.exe and cfg edit...

Im running patch 1.04

I have vista 64bit SP1

asus p6t x58 mobo 1.06BIOS

core i7 920

G.SKILL F3-12800 DDR3-1600

xfired 4890's (game freezses within seconds on main menu if I try run it with video cards overclocked)

what is this 32 HDR cfg edit??

I'm not going to worry about my game freezing when I run it overclocked right now I just want to be able to play without the crazy glare/bloom effect that keeps occuring

Dwarden, that was a good article to read, i'm not a programmer but there is already an application somewhere on the net "explorer suite" where you can change the header on the .exe to make it LAA.

which is really not helping in many cases or turn thing go wrong especially if the code and compiler aren't prepared for it ...

what is this 32 HDR cfg edit??

In your Arma2 folder, in your user/documents, you have the arma.cfg. open with notepad. heres my current;

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1792;

Resolution_H=1344;

refresh=90;

Render_W=1792;

Render_H=1344;

FSAA=2;

postFX=0;

HDRPrecision=32;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2136342528;

nonlocalVRAM=2136342528;

(My refresh is 90 because i am using a CRT.)

I'm not going to worry about my game freezing when I run it overclocked right now I just want to be able to play without the crazy glare/bloom effect that keeps occuring

Go to mods section and find Saku Chans sun mod and gdtmodhdr.

Ok in my research I've found a bunch of this. And rather than try them individually I'd like to get a brief idea of what they are. I just want the crazy light bloom that fills my screen every 10 seconds to go away.

Couple of you in this thread said to edit my HDR number in the cfg file.

Others said to get a certain sun mod

Others say to rename the exe to crysis.exe or fear.exe or forcesingleGPU.exe

Others say to add -winxp

Others say disable crossifre

Can you guys give me an idea of what the fear and crysis exe changes and exe extension does? And which of the above ideas is most likely to get rid of the light blooming bug

ty

vista 64bit SP1

asus p6t x58 mobo 1.06BIOS

core i7 920

G.SKILL F3-12800 DDR3-1600

xfired 4890's (game freezses within seconds on main menu if I try run it with video cards overclocked)

Edited by RogueBlade

First of all I'm new to posting on these forums so Hi Everybody :D

Now, my problem is quite a big one as you can with these two screenshots.

th_arma22009-09-2017-06-34-71.jpg

th_arma22009-09-2017-06-51-82.jpg

Now, I used to play Arma 2 on my old rig and it worked perfectly (Within the bounds of my old rig's performance : Pentium 4, Windows XP, 1.5 GB of ram and a Radeon 1900). I recently bought a new PC and the game looks like in these screenshots when at it's best. Sometimes the trees are just big black rectangles and the rocks are white. My current specs are as follow :

- Intel Core i7 CPU 920@2.67 GHz

-12 GB of DDR3 Ram

-Vista 64 bit

-HD 4850

From reading up parts of this thread I believe the HD 4850 is the issue but what I have noticed is that most people experience this bug only in large cities or certain places but for me the whole game is like that and there's no getting away from it by changing in game video settings. Can anyone help a poor sad Arma 2 player? :o

Thank you for reading and sorry if my english is a bit choppy at times.

Have you tried any of the various fixes provided by the community such as the -winxp switch used in the shortcut?

Have you tried any of the various fixes provided by the community such as the -winxp switch used in the shortcut?

I am sorry of my ignorance, I haven't read through the whole 70 pages because I thought people were experiencing quite different issues than me, would you mind explaining what is that -winxp switch you are talking about? Thanks.

FOR DVD-ROM VERSION

1. Locate your ArmA2 "Shortcut"

2. Right click it and click Properties

3. Click on the Shortcut tab

4. In the Target field at -winxp to the end of that is already there then apply it and save

FOR STEAM VERSION

1. Open Steam "Games" list

2. Right click ArmA2 and click Properties

3. Click "Set Launch Options"

4. Add the -winxp to what is already there

If you need further help PM me and I will be more than willing to help you over IM or Teamspeak etc.

First of all I'm new to posting on these forums so Hi Everybody :D

Now, my problem is quite a big one as you can with these two screenshots.

-12 GB of DDR3 Ram

I guess you are having a 8gb problem. Look at the 8gb thread..

You can try to limit your ram with 4gb installed and check if it'll help.

Adding -winxp to my steam shortcut fixed it! Well at least for the moment everything looks fine, thanks guys :D

wow epic thread.. lower the settings! lol

i had the x1950 pro (agp) when i first got the game, yeah i had big sexii white vectors all over my screen to, always in the direction of the action when it got busy! - so i had to go get new everything & upgrade to PCI-express, i had to wait a month & save up b4 i could play it :(. got the gigabyte 4870, absolutely no problems running with standard driver included, though i run the game on medium specs, FPS over Prettiiness anyday.

Issue:

wow epic thread.. lower the settings! lol

i had the x1950 pro (agp) when i first got the game, yeah i had big sexii white vectors all over my screen to, always in the direction of the action when it got busy! - .

Fix:

so i had to go get new everything & upgrade to PCI-express, i had to wait a month & save up b4 i could play it :(. got the gigabyte 4870, absolutely no problems running with standard driver included, though i run the game on medium specs, FPS over Prettiiness anyday.

I am so glad you feel an upgrade is necessary to fix you issues, if you spent any time reading the thread then you would see folk with much more powerful systems than yours are having issues so 'upgrading' as you put is not the answer, fix the game may be though ? Oh, its not an option from you, thanks for your valued input.

Is this an example of a graphic bug experienced with just ATI 4800's, or is it something everyone has? Im referring to the flickering texture which (sorry for the bad video) you can see most on the side of the corrugated building in the video below, but it occurs on the vast majority of buildings....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joCdmaH-OCc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joCdmaH-OCc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyone know what I can do to eliminate this?

My specs:

ATI 4850 512mb

Intel core i5 750

4gb DDR3

Is this an example of a graphic bug experienced with just ATI 4800's, or is it something everyone has? Im referring to the flickering texture which (sorry for the bad video) you can see most on the side of the corrugated building in the video below, but it occurs on the vast majority of buildings....

Anyone know what I can do to eliminate this?

My specs:

ATI 4850 512mb

Intel core i5 750

4gb DDR3

i had this issue but rarely happens now, download proper project addons and see if putting AI to advance would help.

I actually already had the LowBuildings addon running there, along with LowVegetation, just tried veryLow for both, and again with neither, and the flickering still exists... It doesnt flicker when im very close, or very far from the building, although using a scope from a distance introduces the flickering again...

Also the AI to advanced didnt seem to help any :( But thanks for trying :)

It is one of the many many bugs that appear on ATI GPU's that BI appear to ignore.

The main issue though is a massive graphical corruption that makes it look like an overheating problem although proven time and time again its nothing to do with heat but a code problem.

two new drivers (beta)

9.10 RC6

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATIRadeonHD5800seriesrecommendedgraphicsdriver.aspx

9.10 RC7

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=130&prod_no=1908

as always no details except the RC7 fixing WDDM issue on HD2xxx and VBO in OpenGl

too but i'm on RC7 with HDxxxx cards w/o issue

not me, but i installed the driver for the 5000 series it worked but haven't noticed any difference, i will roll back to your beta driver.

Hi, this is my first post and i have encountered a serious problem with ArmA2

The game keeps crashing to desktop with message "Error: Device freed."

Before crashing, the game constantly stops and shows "receiving...", sometimes it requires ALT+TAB switching to restore the screen from "receiving..." But most of time it just crash after switching. When the game is started the second time, it often crashes after the Disc-Check. I reboot the system but it's useless....

My hardware includes: ATI 4850, Quad 8200, 4G RAM

Driver: Catalyst 9.8

So i switch every video option to high (Except for anti-aliasing). Once the game performs pretty well at these settings, normally 22FPS+ even 40FPS+ once. I suspect the problem lies in the game itself. Today i tried to restore the video setting to normal and the graphic card setting to default, still useless.

So I need your help