Sign in to follow this  
fjaekel

graphics bugs with ATI 4800 series (4850/4870/4890)

Ati drivers are *.exe. If you doubleclick them it starts and ask you if you want install or disinstall. Choose your need and the personalized setup.

It show you component installed you can remove or missing if you are installing.

So you can avoid installation of Lord of the Ring demo too:D

Ummmm ok well I love this game but its starting to pee me of a little now.

SPECS

asus striker extreme

Q6700

ATI 4890 1gb

Raid 0 array

4gb of ram

I have tested all kinds of drivers on the latest BETA

10.4 im on now

And still get terrible LOD loading.

Its not loading from hard drive it is the actual engine as it is not delayed as though its loading from the hard drive.

All so when looking via a scope some times the units I am looking at have no face/hands etc but the clothes is all there whats that all about?.

Any info would be great as I actually went and got this card for ARMA2 alone.

Ummmm ok well I love this game but its starting to pee me of a little now.

SPECS

asus striker extreme

Q6700

ATI 4890 1gb

Raid 0 array

4gb of ram

I have tested all kinds of drivers on the latest BETA

10.4 im on now

And still get terrible LOD loading.

Its not loading from hard drive it is the actual engine as it is not delayed as though its loading from the hard drive.

All so when looking via a scope some times the units I am looking at have no face/hands etc but the clothes is all there whats that all about?.

Any info would be great as I actually went and got this card for ARMA2 alone.

I get incorrect/corrupt LOD's on ANYTHING newer than 10.5(a)'s -- But only with crossfire enabled (the whole point).

Hi there thanks for the reply.

Well I have still got the LOD errors I mean it really is crap even on 10.4 drivers.

Other thing is if I set GPU memory to default the ground gradually disappears.

So I have to put it on any thing else other than default.

I really am unhappy about the optimization of this game.

Yes dont give me all the usual as I know what this game does that no other can etc.

I have been a fan boy since OFP and I really do love this game so much it the reason I went and got a new GPU for it (in my budget 4890 1gb).

Any ways I really hope soon its improved and I can play as I could on ARMA2 1.07 before OA came out and shit crapped it all up for me again.

Thanks

EDIT

Wrong section but hey you know im lazy.

Using latest BETA and I got some real bad stuttering.

I will upgrade one more thing to get the game to run well and thats me HD but it is not contributing to my problem with LOD but will hel the stutter maybe as my HD`d aint great.

@stk2008

hey im using the ati 10.8 and everything is running fine i see a lot of problems here but there is one thing i notice. If you guys have a virus scanner then turn Real time scanning off or exclude the Arma .exe files

Hi thanks for the reply.

I dont run anti virus software on my gaming partition so I am 100% its not that.

We will have to just hope they optimize it a little further and see what happens then.

Any ways had a great battle last night I was sniper on top of a hill I sat there for about 1.5 hours real time and just reporting enemy movements more than any thing.

When most people are running around with like 50 kills and 30 deaths I am running around with say 25 kills and no deaths.

I dont play to get the highest kill rate I play to get the least amount of deaths :).

Any ways when hell broke loose and there was a lot of smoke me pc seemed to lag a little even on a 4890 1gb and I never play with every thing maxed or on for that matter.

i almost have always 30-60fps cant go any higher because of vsync i only have lag sometimes but thats always the server side.

and dont play much online because i cant find good servers that is really based on teamwork.

stk2008 where your from mabye we could play a round sometimes

Hi I am from the UK Oxford area and yes I am all ways looking to play some ARMA2 COOP or what ever is going at the time :)

..there was a lot of smoke me pc seemed to lag a little even on a 4890 1gb and I never play with every thing maxed or on for that matter.

Yeah, the alpha maps for the smoke sprites cause a frame rate hit for some reason. :confused:

Hi I see you have a better GPU than me and I take it you still get a little FPS drop when there is a lot of smoke.

Please BIS I dont know about every one else I really would like to see more improvements to the engine rather than more units etc etc that's my opinion though.

They could just adopt the Avalanche 2.0 engine and call it a day. :D

TheHunter_ss_03.jpg

Well I hope they do some thing I have upgraded me pc to play and still not what it should be.

please dont moan and say your pc is crap,the game does what no other does.

I know it does what no other game does and trust me I am a fan boy but even I can see it needs optimizing and I hope they do that really than adding more content.

I love ARMA all so BIS are the greatest company out there I am sure they are working hard to but I really wish they concentrate on getting the game they have now to run as it should do with the power full computers that tbh should really be spitting the FPS out.

Any ways bash me if ya want I dont care like I said the game is great so is BIS but I hope they are concentrating on improving what they have and not kicking out more content.

Hey just a post to say I was testing a load of drivers and here are the results =

All tests was done on benchmark 08

1-51

2-51

1-46

2-49

1-47

2-52

1-49

2-53

Yes I know there a little vague and I did not do it to post here but then I thought I may as well some one may find the use full.

What would be great if some one posts a poll say for benchmark 08 and driver used then fps we could then take the average then work out best drivers to use :).

I would start the poll but have no idea how to go about it is there any one out there willing to take the challenge.

I don't know benchmark 08 (have a link?).

But I made a simply bench mission and tried 10.4, 10.6, 10.8, 10.9.

10.4 are the best for me too (for the FPS, don't know what else good other release have).

Bye

P.S.

for more details here my specs

GPU Ati radeon Sapphire HD5670 1GB

CPU E6400 2,13Ghz (5% OC to 2,24)

OS Windows XP pro 32 bit

4 GB ram 800Mhz (run 844 for the OC)

All on secondary HDD defragmented and sorted by path

Edited by puzzola

Hi there the benchmark I am talking about came with OA im sure I will double check it then report back later.

I wonder if 9 series of drivers are any good or if they will actually work with a 4890 1GB?.

EDIT

Test is

E08: Benchmark

I have just tested 10.5 and got

1-49

2-53

Edited by stk2008

AMD.ATI has released

10.10 drivers with 10.10 crossfire profiles

10.10a hotfix drivers with new AntiAliasing mode (for 5xxx cards it need registry tricks to enable) and some performance tweaks again

Thanks Dwarden, hoping this is the version that finally does the trick.

I tried the 10.10 on me system the other day

win xp 32 bit

4890 1gb i installed them then it came up with none supported gpu

maybe i got the wrong ones and this was a week ago so will try again.

Please report back evil and every one fingers crossed ah.

We got any results yet on the

10.10 drivers better/worse?.

Still blurry textures on 10.10 (5970, Windows 7 64 bit). I've reverted to 10.4.

i finaly had a chance to test them all so and yep same FPS but dont like them feels a little worse than 10.4

I have massive frame drops with the latest OA beta and 10.10 (4890, W7 64) on Takistan, specially in the cities.

Stuttering describes it better.

Chernarus on the other hand seems to be fine.

The other problem is, that vehicles switch much to late to a higher LOD with 10.10 on my system.

Feels like they are switching only when they are 10 m away.

Does anybody else have the same problems ?

I hope that the low LOD problem gets adressed some day

If vehicles which are a few meter away from you suddenly switch from highres to lowres LOD and

stay in low, well, I give up on this game (I can't stand those square tires anymore).

Xeno

i to can confirm the crap LOD switching with 10.10 even though I have reinstalled 10.4 i have same prob I need to go into safe mode I think and really remove all other drivers.