Sign in to follow this  
PS3>PC

Bohemia's plans

Does Bohemia have any intention of releasing Arma 2 on PS3 or is it just for pc and i dont want 2 hear ur biased pc comments about my name or this post

I think OFP2 looks better anyways and its coming out on next gen consoles

I'm sure he does. He sounds very much like a guy who was on here earlier talking about ArmA II on the 360. That guy was banned but apparently he had already duplicated an account, which was then banned subsequently. The guy said he could "beat" the forums, so I think this is him.

Or I'm just horribly mistaken.

AFAIK they're only gonna go for PC and 360. I don't know a thing about game development but I heard the PS3 is extremely unfriendly to porting.

I think they do, you just have to convince publishers or sony that there are millions of ps3 users interested in playing Arma 2 so... good luck with that :p .

Anyway,. based on the overall feedback gamers posted about the game i have often came across gamers asking details about possible ps3 and xbox360 versions of the game and i do believe that with a good marketing campaign and a solid release Arma 2 would be successfull on the console market.

What do they got to lose putting it on PS3? Do they have to build the game all over to do it?No

So stop talking about this porting BS cuz codemasters has it on everything so there sales are going to be much huger then bohemia's and its going to show in the money and thats the only thing BI has to lose

BI must not be confident in there game cuz it looks like they have no interest to put it on consoles probably cuz of OFP2 coming out on consoles so they just concentrated on pc to get it out before OFP2

looks better anyways

Well, you should not think, it hurts.

i dont think its sony whos hesitating to put it on the ps3 but BI cuz sony can lock it up for PS3 only but no 1s doing that cuz of BI

I don't want to wet on anyone's parade, but the likihood of a PS3 version of ArmA II is rather remote... BI's 'Real Virtuality' engine is a DirectX engine and would require someone to write an OpenGL render backplane for the PS3 -- which would be an enormous undertaking...

While I'd personally would vote for such an effort as that would give BI, and ArmA platform indepedence from Microsoft, so the game could run not only on the PS3, but Linux, OS/X, and just about anything else that's 3D render capapble (UNIX variants, handhelds etc.) the volume of work is of such a scale that I can't imagine we'd see it till RV3.5 or 4, if ever.

:(

sony and microsoft dont tell the developer wat publisher to get

I guess you didnt understand... i'll try again..

BI is a game developer, not a publisher and they cant just "put" the game on the ps3 if theres no publisher interested in manufactoring and distributing it so you really have to put the pressure somewhere else, im sure BI would be interested in making console versions.

While consoles and computers have alot in common these days it's still not so simple to just make it work.

And the way one console works is not the same way another works. So just because it may be out for one console does not mean it will be on another.

Edited by NodUnit

I should add that the PS3 is by far the least successful current-gen platform and the majority of the Arma market is on the PC. Nobody would by a PS3 version simply cause it's not the Arma player's console.

OFP2, by the way, has nearly no ingame footage. What you posted was painfully obvious CGI (The backgrounds are all 2D!) and what footage that is proven to be real looks rather disappointing.

I don't want to wet on anyone's parade, but the likihood of a PS3 version of ArmA II is rather remote... BI's 'Real Virtuality' engine is a DirectX engine and would require someone to write an OpenGL render backplane for the PS3 -- which would be an enormous undertaking...

While I'd personally would vote for such an effort as that would give BI, and ArmA platform indepedence from Microsoft, so the game could run not only on the PS3, but Linux, OS/X, and just about anything else that's 3D render capapble (UNIX variants, handhelds etc.) the volume of work is of such a scale that I can't imagine we'd see it till RV3.5 or 4, if ever.

:(

i dont think you know wat your talking about

pc is the main build so all they need to do is get a team that works with ps3 to port what they can and build some over it couldnt take over a month

I should add that the PS3 is by far the least successful current-gen platform and the majority of the Arma market is on the PC. Nobody would by a PS3 version simply cause it's not the Arma player's console.

OFP2, by the way, has nearly no ingame footage. What you posted was painfully obvious CGI (The backgrounds are all 2D!) and what footage that is proven to be real looks rather disappointing.

if BI can get a publisher for the US Arma2 would sell millions of copies on the PS3

People in the US just dont buy a game cuz its the first time its on that console look at fallout 3 for example

...all they need to do is get a team that works with ps3 to port what they can and build some over it couldnt take over a month

I wasn't going to say anything and keep out of this thread but after that comment I couldn't stay silent anymore... That comment right there just confirmed you are an idiot.

..and for someone who demands a thread with unbiased comments against a PS3 version' date=' its odd hearing that coming from a person whose NAME is [b']PS3 > PC[/b].

:confused_o: Just go away..please.

oh.. i see so many programmers in this therad. and most of them have huge experience in developing for PS3 ))) lmao.

well. i'm totally newbish in programming (it's my profession though) and i can say that convertion from DX to OGL is fairly simple. It's just rendering, sound and input, so if the engine is nicely coded, it's not a problem to switch DX to OGL. But it's a horrobly difficult task to optimize this kind of game to work on such limited resources that 360 have. And the PS3 is just a device from another world.

So porting this game to one of the consoles will reqire many month of work of existing team with help of ppl experiensed in consolde developing.

Edited by ModeZt

if BI can get a publisher for the US Arma2 would sell millions of copies on the PS3

People in the US just dont buy a game cuz its the first time its on that console look at fallout 3 for example

I don't think you know what kind of a game ArmA is. It's too complicated for the majority of the instant-action console market which is especially large in the US.

In order to shut up all of our 'implement this and that gun' request, I think BIS will for the next game concentrate on this lenghty conflict. It ended in 1986 and I think not many have heard of it. Was news to me anyway :D

That's my direct reply to the OP topic :)

Do trolls normally START threads? I thought they just popped in and stirred the pot a little. PS3>PC, (biased name BTW, possibly inflamitory, as this game is only confirmed on PC and you seem to know it) You may just want to PM a mod or one of the DEVs to get a quick answer, without all the turmoil it's causing.