Sign in to follow this  
cm

So who's making the ultimate hunting mod?

What I take from this, is that you should KILL ALL THE ANIMALS! could be a recon cow!

"The Enemy has many spies in his service, many ways of hearing... birds, beasts..."

lol i have such an urge just to line like 50 animals up and have my clan slaughter them with loads of blood etc ...

Visit a doctor.

we are recruiting mature 18+ clan members we have a website and server ready

Sorry this sounds absurd in the upper context....

But there´s more than that. Right, Dolly_UK ?:o:

Balschoiw

right 1. im having a laugth man the reality is probably cant and wont be done its a thing that some people call fun/jokes you may have heard of it.

2.Sorry this sounds absurd in the upper context....

But there´s more than that. Right, Dolly_UK --- what the hell you on about lol ?

not being funny we where all having a laugth on this thread nothing serious till you came along and attacked me because to be honest it feels that way who gives you the right to be-little my clan? have a heart read some of my other posts and see indeed i am human!

if you have something to get off your chest please pm me and keep it out of the threads !

Edited by Landstalker

One of the first things I'll do with the beasts is take a bunny and implement the deadly leaping feature from DM Zombies into it. The fearsome Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog.

Hi all

For those who do not know what Celery is talking about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_of_Caerbannog

A Monty Python mod! Hmm.

Kind Regards walker

be funny if nobody plays with the human characters. can animals use vehicles?

be funny if nobody plays with the human characters. can animals use vehicles?

Funnily enough, one review mentioned something like a "goat prodigy" - i.e. a very clever goat that was able to unlock a fence. Probably not intentional behaviour, but who knows...

Imagine driving your Hummer into a small village to talk to the locals. Everyone gets out and walks around... and suddenly a bunch of cows grabs your ride and drives off! :D

The novelty of having animals will wear off sooner than most of you think.

Is killing animals alot of fun? Well i admit.. i went hunting kangoroos when i got vbs1 and it sounds fun but ended up being pointless, stupid and a total waste of time.

Animals are just like placing civilians in towns to make your missions look alive and populated, a nice decoration, a distraction, but also more a.i. units moving around for no reason other than being decoration (civilians can actually do more).

If you are playing MP (team adversarial or coop) and you decide to give your position (and your team's) away because you couldnt resist wasting ammo on a cow.. well you need to leave, open the editor, place lots of animals and have a field day.

Imagine driving your Hummer into a small village to talk to the locals. Everyone gets out and walks around... and suddenly a bunch of cows grabs your ride and drives off!

( lol )

i think even having animals quite detailed ones too is awsome brings a vibrancy to the game and the little warthog thing in the videos looks well good !

i can really see they have thought allot about the enviroments and what lives there rather than just putting a few birds flying around or something cant wait ...

Anybody know "Animal Farm" by George Orwell? Great idea for a mod... :D

You guys need to check out the latest intel, you can play as an animal for ultimate hunting mods, not sure if every animal is playable, but the recent 505 London event gave news that we could play as animals.

The novelty of having animals will wear off sooner than most of you think.

Is killing animals alot of fun? Well i admit.. i went hunting kangoroos when i got vbs1 and it sounds fun but ended up being pointless, stupid and a total waste of time.

Animals are just like placing civilians in towns to make your missions look alive and populated, a nice decoration, a distraction, but also more a.i. units moving around for no reason other than being decoration (civilians can actually do more).

If you are playing MP (team adversarial or coop) and you decide to give your position (and your team's) away because you couldnt resist wasting ammo on a cow.. well you need to leave, open the editor, place lots of animals and have a field day.

Depends if stats can be kept for numbers of animal shot!

Hi,

which has only a few statistics:

-number killed in that class

-percentage of success

-shots to the head

-shooting distance and weapon used

These statistics alone, and is no longer useless or just decoration.

bngg.jpg

:)

A friend (not even an ArmA fan... Do those really exist?) came up with a fantastic MP hunter gamestyle when I told him about these features.. simple and entertaining.

1- Animals need to store up food for winter in their dens (warrens?). Food is around the area, so are bait piles that look like food.

2- The hunters can place bait, track prefered lanes (if the grass is indeed flattened by animals trampling).

3- Both only have a certain amount of time before hibernation to collect or hunt. The animals obviously have the harder side of the game, so should also have the most script tricks up their furry sleeve.. I'm kinda liking Celerys killer rabbit "With Gleaming white shiney FANGS!!!"

That would actually be funny lol :p

It looks so cute, don't shoot it. lol.

What's up, is the flattened grass when someone passes confirmed or not? Does anyone have a source?

What's up, is the flattened grass when someone passes confirmed or not? Does anyone have a source?

It was featured in ArmA 1, there's a good chance that it'll be in ArmA 2.

It was featured in ArmA 1, there's a good chance that it'll be in ArmA 2.

Ehm, I'm talking about the grass remaining flattened after someone passes. Yes, in ArmA the grass flattens, when you are on it, but when you leave it gets normal again.

Ehm, I'm talking about the grass remaining flattened after someone passes. Yes, in ArmA the grass flattens, when you are on it, but when you leave it gets normal again.

My mistake.

When lying in tall grass areas it is possible to flatten the grass down by moving around to help visibility if trying to aim at the enemy as the grass remains trampled. It is also a good gauge to see if activity has occurred in an area as grass remains flattened when trampled by other troops and vehicles.

From the tacticalgamer review.

Looks like it remains flattened :pet7:

Ouch, that's another MP synchronization nightmare. MP joining times are already long enough without having to keep track of all past unit movements

I remember in VBS1 the animals were playable. I put myself in the editor as a snake.There was also playable foxes, sheep, camels, rabbits and kagaroos. You could make a mission were your not the hunter, but the hunted. Play as the wild boar and try to escape a group of hunters.

I remember in VBS1 the animals were playable. I put myself in the editor as a snake.There was also playable foxes, sheep, camels, rabbits and kagaroos. You could make a mission were your not the hunter, but the hunted. Play as the wild boar and try to escape a group of hunters.

there's actually one screen from ArmA2 directly from this mod :)

4arma2previewpcgamesaprt.jpg