Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

I tried to call my friend who works at Best Buy to see if he could find an exact date for the shipment...but apparently he was arrested for DUI this morning. Anyone here work for Best Buy or know someone who does?

CDWoW has a DvD Regions link,

http://www.cdwow.us/DVD/DVDRegionInfo

I'm hoping their 10 day delay was due to waiting to press the 1.02 version, but if not, I'm ok with which ever I recieve.

So to tell me that there is a chance that the 505 version may not be encoded to work in US on my comp?

I am reading some really bad reviews on CDWow

Edited by Chammy

So to tell me that there is a chance that the 505 version may not be encoded to work in US on my comp?

It will defieantly work 100%, i have the 505 copy in my hand and it works out of the box. PC games don't have region codes and they work on any computer..

Ok, real quick here, im just about to buy ArmA2 from either cdwow, which is 35 buck!!! Ok, now is that too good to be true? Or what? It was 40. Is it because they are doing well? Or should I be concerned at all? GoGamer has it for 41 bucks.

Ok, real quick here, im just about to buy ArmA2 from either cdwow, which is 35 buck!!! Ok, now is that too good to be true? Or what? It was 40. Is it because they are doing well? Or should I be concerned at all? GoGamer has it for 41 bucks.

They just lower it sometimes to get more customers buying the product. I have my copy from CDWOW and im happy, i dont know why its so cheap but the 505 Version they sell is much cheaper than the Got Game they plan on selling. Plus you get free shipping!!, just buy it from cdwow rather than waiting. Im planning to order more copies from cdwow later on

Edited by =Spetsnaz=

We will all ways have concerns when purchasing products online, especially from an unknown, or being 1st time user. CDWoW seems to be a reputable co.

A member in our group that lives in Philadelphia, also purchased from cdwow 1 day after myself back in June. He received his on Wends July 8th. I've yet to talk to him about which vs he received, he had only posted in our forums that "he got it". I'm expecting (or praying), mine will arrive today.

We will all ways have concerns when purchasing products online, especially from an unknown, or being 1st time user. CDWoW seems to be a reputable co.

A member in our group that lives in Philadelphia, also purchased from cdwow 1 day after myself back in June. He received his on Wends July 8th. I've yet to talk to him about which vs he received, he had only posted in our forums that "he got it". I'm expecting (or praying), mine will arrive today.

he has most likely got the 505 UK/European Version as which could explain the date he recieved, they have another version (different publisher) for sale for much more but its not out yet.

It came in today from CDWoW, via HongKong Airmail then US Postal.

Pub= 505 Games,

Version 1.01.57631

Dispatched July 3rd and received on the 10th.

If the store just posts that it's from Got game, it that good enough to confirm that it’s a retail version unlinked to Steam? I’m just wondering in the event that some stores might not post if their copy's use online content services. Like the HalfLife2 box I bought a few years back from the retail store, but still needed steam to run.

"ArmA" and "ArmA 2" will never be widely held games due to several reasons.
O yes it will, we are Spartan! ;)

na, I know what you mean about the marketing aspect, but believe me, I'm going to nag the heck out of everyone I come in contact with. I've called the local games stores three days in a row now asking if they see anything in their systems. They don't get it. That's why I play the psychology game, "what? your a game store and have never heard of the most realistic game simulator in the world, You're kidding right". I'm not that rude, but something has to be said.

This is not a joke, I'm seriously disgusted that 3 out of 4 National game stores I've called have representatives that have never heard of OFP, ArmA, ArmAII. Actually, the last store I called today, the guy admitted that he has been getting calls all day with people asking about the game. He also admitted that he had never played the game, but that he was going to order ArmA-II ASAP because of all the calls coming in. So that's a good thing!

Its our mission as a community to spread the word. Tell the good word like your family's life depends on it. We are the marketers, and we must complete this mission.

I will be printing ArmA-II screens on Hi rez Canon photo paper this week, and hanging them up at my work place. I know my boss will love it, and later thank me for it! :)

Edited by starstreams

Ok, I was getting ready to buy ArmA2 from GoGamer and where the address input is and there isn't anything where it states what country they are to ship the game to. Am I not understanding the purchase? I am in the United States.

Gogamer doesn't ship internationally so they automatically assume you're from the U.S.

It came in today from CDWoW, via HongKong Airmail then US Postal.

Pub= 505 Games,

Version 1.01.57631

Dispatched July 3rd and received on the 10th.

I just got mine from CDWoW today too, from Hong Kong. No DVD region problems for me. And there's nothing like that new ArmA II box smell!

I ordered mine on Sunday or Monday from NWS, it shipped on Wednesday, and I got it today. It is the Got Game version. :yay:

I just got mine from CDWoW today too, from Hong Kong. No DVD region problems for me. And there's nothing like that new ArmA II box smell!

Yep i have the same smell still left on my copy, thats why i always leave it inside the postage bag that it came in so its safe

Hooray for BigBear, Rumsfield and Russian guy, and all others receiving their copy from CDWOW in this latest batch of dispatched copies! :yay:

I actually just smelled the inside of my postal bag the DVD box came in... it smelled weird, like plastic. :D

I ordered mine on Sunday or Monday from NWS, it shipped on Wednesday, and I got it today. It is the Got Game version. :yay:

ok , nvm, I found it lol

Edited by Chammy

When can we expect hard copies of arma2 to hit store shelves? I dont want to download the digital version id rather get the disk .. i have searched every store and cant find it..

regards,

iceman

I don't see why you wouldn't want to download the game if you want it that badly. Both steam and direct2drive are legit and secure ways to get the game.

I've had nothing but good experiences with D2D. And can download all the old games I've purchased through them at any time I want.

There are already a few topics about this, but the latest *guess* by retailers is the 21st.

i feel embarrassed to ask in store "do you have armed assault?" :rolleyes:

i checked in with bestbuy (canadian store) and they had arma1 gold but not stocked. also arma 2 is not listed.

checked ebgames in person and they don't have it listed.

futureshop don't have it listed.

i think i'll just download the cracked version with crappy bugs :j:

i doubt Canada will get this game in shelf anytime soon

wtf?? Its still not out? I remember asking my gamestop the day before it was released on Steam, and they said July 7th...

I'm glad I got it on steam then :D

bestbuy/gamestop will not sell A2, please look at different shops.

Actually Best Buy is the only U.S. store that has even heard of the game and has it listed on their website.

I've also been hunting for the boxed copy, since I love the mods that usually come out for ArmA, and knowing that the steam issue had serious issues with running the mods...if at all, I would prefer the boxed copy.

However I've not been able to locate the game. Gamestop confirmed to me that they pulled the game and will not be releasing it, and the only place, as mentioned by the above poster, that has heard of the game is Best Buy.

I just got off the phone with Best Buy about a half an hour ago and they said that the game is available on the site, however the site says backordered. I asked her if she knew when the stores would be getting it on the shelves and she stated that she was unsure, and that the system did not have a set date. She told me that it could arrive in any shipment at any time and to keep checking in.

So, yes, Best Buy has and will carry the game, the question is simply when they will, not if.

It's been kind of an interesting hunt, though. If I come upon anything for our US players I will be sure to post something up for you guys.

As for different shops, sadly in the US we're quite limited. Especially for someone like me, who lives on the middle of no where in the state of Ohio, we really rely only on the larger retailers out here to supply the game. Best Buy and Gamestop are the only choices for me. (Circuit City is gone, and Office Max and Staples out here no longer carries games.)

Edited by HkSniper