Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

:| my game STILL has not arrived from Game.Uk.

Post is usually 4-5 days from UK to AUS, both of my friends who live close have received theres. Is it true Uk royal mail is UK royal fail mail?

4-5 days from UK-AUS? I'd expect double that, you've obviously been very lucky in the past!

First post, and hopefull the first of many :)

With regard to South Africa's release date (26th of June) as indicated in the first post of this thread, does it still stand? The game is not available for pre-order anywhere in South Africa :(

I e-mailed www.take2.co.za and this is what they had to say:

"At the moment there is no indication as to who will be releasing the game

locally I'm afraid"

Currently they are only offering pre-order on the UK version, for R550 with a 10 -15 day shipping period :/

Hi ocram2912, and welcome to the forums. :)

Do you know if the Steam version will be available in South Africa? That should be released on June 30th.

Hey MadDogX. thanks :)

Yes it is, but internet cap is expensive here and it would end up costing me R1000 (roughly $100) haha! Besides, i would much rather prefer a hard copy :) Also there is the whole issue about steam and game mods, but that's besides the point.

Hey MadDogX. thanks :)

Yes it is, but internet cap is expensive here and it would end up costing me R1000 (roughly $100) haha! Besides, i would much rather prefer a hard copy :) Also there is the whole issue about steam and game mods, but that's besides the point.

The Arma2 Steam version will not have problems with mods, but $100 just for download bandwidth definitely sucks. ;)

Oh ok that's good news, yeah it does haha. Im hoping that Placebo will be able to add a little input :P. I sent an enquiry to 505 games, but alas, no reply. :(

First post, and hopefull the first of many :)

With regard to South Africa's release date (26th of June) as indicated in the first post of this thread, does it still stand? The game is not available for pre-order anywhere in South Africa :(

I e-mailed www.take2.co.za and this is what they had to say:

"At the moment there is no indication as to who will be releasing the game

locally I'm afraid"

Currently they are only offering pre-order on the UK version, for R550 with a 10 -15 day shipping period :/

Best bet is to email 505 and see if they can tell you about the distribution to SA :)

Best bet is to email 505 and see if they can tell you about the distribution to SA :)

I did, well, i sent a general enquiry a couple of days ago - there is no email address on their site (unless im missing something lol). Sigh, oh well....

man i am mad for the past week i be going from store to store asking if they going to get ARMA 2 this are the Answers i got in Atlanta GA

GameStop 07/07/2009

BestBuy, Dont now

MicroCenter 07/05/2009

EB Games 07/07/2009

My next best thing is WalMart they always have the games on time but i dont now about arma

I gave up and cancelled my order with CDWOW. I know it's not their fault but it's still pending dispatch 7 days after they said they'd send it so I'm just gonna go with the steam approach.

I think they (CDWOW) will refund you if you cancel your order... assuming the order status still pending dispatch

I'm in Australia, and I inquired at a local Gametraders today hoping they might be getting it soon. They told me they had a release date for ArmA 2 (505games) of August 20?

Is this for real? Is the steam release in Aus still going ahead on the 30th? I'm certainly not waiting an extra couple of months for a box copy, I'll be using steam for sure.

Yes, CDWOW refund your money if the order is "pending dispatch"

And Yes, Steam Australia is activating their Arma release on the 30th (Aus time), America activates on the 26th (much hate). Australian game retailers on the other hand won't get the game til August 20. Not sure exactly why but I'm guessing it has something to do with the OFLC.

arrghh godamnit what the fuck is going on with the release of this game?

Ive been told all sorts of conflicting bullshit and just dont know what to believe anymore, godamn cdwow still says Pending Dispatch...reckon I should just cancel it and buy from elsewhere? How long is it gunna take before cdwow ship this do you reckon?

Anyone know what the hell is going on?

Lol, I feel your pain. My copy was despatched on the 22nd and i'm really, really hoping to get it before next weekend.

yeah mate... i feel your pain... CDWow is really a pain. regretted that i bought it from them. I will be having 2 copies. one from CDWOW (assuming it will arrive), another from my local e-retailer.

right now, i will preocuppy myself with the demo... the editor is really fun :)

Oh well, another weekend without ArmAII. My copy from play.co.uk still hasn't arrived (Norway). 8 days in shipping so far. But I guess that's to be expected when the shipping is, afterall, free. I almost feel tempted to go out and buy it in a local store :)

Anyways, I've had fun with the demo though. Editor is awesome!

I canceled my CDWOW order and they refunded about 24 hours later, ordered the Steam one now just gotta wait 2 days til it's activated in Australia.

In the mean time it's using the editor to pitt 10 squads aside running at each other and placing bets on who wins.

same problem here

asked around a few stores ,those that even know about arma 2 claim its supposed to be out in about a month and they cant tell me if theyll have it or not

the only way i can see of buying it right now is online

In same position as rickrush above. Ordered over a week ago and no sign of it yet. A friend who ordered a few days before me got his, at a whopping norwegian extra fee of 50%+ of the retail price. Sucks to be a norwegian. Most stores here never heard of it and didn't intend on getting it, apart from Spaceworld who at least ordered it.

Same here in Portugal.. i've been asking every major game store and none of them even heard about arma 2, seriously, wth ? Please bohemia, next time pick a decent publisher, your game deserves better and you are losing customers that want to buy it but CANT FIND IT FOR SALE.

Edited by nocturna

What the hell? its been 8 days and i get this..

Dear ************,

Thank you for placing your order with CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order ******* for: ARMA II: Armed Assault (Product code: 9017405).

We have experienced a delay in receiving this product from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the goods will be available for dispatch.

As soon as stock is received on this date, we will process your order for despatch and notify you by email that this has occurred.

Once we have confirmed the dispatch of this item to you by email, please allow up to 7-10 working days for delivery.

For further information, please click here.

http://www.cdwow.com/info/Faqs

or contact our Customer Service Team at support@cd-wow.com.

We do hope that you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for shopping with CD WOW!

Kind regards

CD WOW! Customer Service

support@cd-wow.com

how much longer do i have to wait??? i ordered on the 12th of June and still it has'nt been dispatched..