Sign in to follow this  
Project85

Project 85 release thread

ah1.jpg

and EricM Hinds in P85_Airs, updated addon can be found in P85_OTH archive (link in first post)

we are fixing campaign

we will be working on fixing bugs, now we work slowly, cause our eyes are tired of PC :)

some time for family, sport and other things needed too :)

so fixes will be slower than our work was before, next step : config fixes, Russian Federation bonus camo vehicles

REALLY enjoying the mod. There's an amazing amount of stuff in here! I will certainly make some 'Team Yankee' inspired missions using it... :)

A few things I noticed...

Tanks load HEAT rounds by default, does this affect AI, or do AI use 'muzzles' to allow them to use whichever rounds they want?

HE rounds from all cannons seem to have a very small blast radius. I haven't checked the config, but even m109 rounds don't seem to kill people ~5-10m away, while M1 and T72 rounds are similarly ineffective. Is this by design/realistic? (Edit: I might just be having a hard time hitting people with rounds on flat terrain, probably my own aiming ineptitude rather than the ammo itself)

M113's in some of the groups were using BIS crewmen (US Mech inf team 85, I think).

M16A2 weapons use a new sound (with oomph!), while M635 weapons use the default BIS M4 sound. It would be nice if the m16 type weapons used a similar sound...

GAZ Radio truck seems to crash game (placed through 'logistics group' on east side, maybe it's not supposed to be a playable unit)

Overall great job, I had a lot of fun playing around in the editor. I really appreciate the time that went into creating all the different groups. And thanks for the new helicopters as well. ;) You guys certainly deserve a well earned break...

Edited by The_Captain2

They are in.... you probably did a wrong install or you did not check the units under Soviet military aircraft or us military aircraft.

Maybe forgot the new config download.

You can check the date behind it....the config is 2 days younger as the pack with hinds in it ;)

- CONFIG (small file, to be patching often): updated 11.05.2009)

- UI, BOATS, AIRSHIPS, USER INTERFACE [70 MB] updated 09.05.2009)

Little Bugreport::)

I noticed, that the hk33k has no sound.

After I deleted all the Vilas weaponfiles to rule out conflicts with the p85 files, now the whole hk33 (vanillla, tgs and k) family has no sound anymore.

Thanks

okay i will fix this HK33 , T64 sounds issue

Have been playing for weeks. Very impressive pack of Cold War really. Especially like your soviet troops and the helmet, kits, uniforms and etc. look like the exactly real one. Keep up your nice updations!

i have a questions about players preferences:

as we know there are some bugs, engine limitations of Arma 1

one of them is clearly visible when you fire in night from small cannons, like BMP2 or P85 Bradley, LAV

there cannot be 2 muzzle flashes on one turret on 2 weapons

so I have doubts :

- to leave M240, PK and no muzzle flash on 25mm, 30mm cannons or:

- to leave for Bradley, BMP2, LAV only 25/30 mm cannon and than there will be fire from barrel visible - so in night/evening those vehicles will not look like "stealth vehicles" :)

BIS made this way Shilka, Vulcan - one main weapon type

what is your opinion ?

depending on some opinions i will do update of vehicles pack

what will be changed:

- config - fixed some weapons sounds, missing Galils, some engine sounds fixed

- vehicles - Leopard colour to olive drab, 3 reskins of T80 and BMP3 (have no time for all)

now I would like to know is muzzle flash important more than extra machinegun for players

seems this engine limitation is hard to fix by "muzzles" and etc. tricks

i spent 2 days try-and-again

Edited by vilas

Hi, i think that may be more important to have the 25/30mm cannons flashes than the MGs

flashes, this obviusly have it's bad part and it's unrealistic part... you'll get "blind" for some

time firing (as gunner, commander or driver) the main gun and overall with the NVGs due to

the "way" that BIS made the HDR, while the MG operators will be able of do continious fire

without get blind by the MG muzzle flash; but... i think that the bigger flash should win, so

i'll keep the 25/30mm muzzle flash because yeah, to don't make stealth ICV's. Let's C ya

Hi, i think that may be more important to have the 25/30mm cannons flashes than the MGs

flashes, this obviusly have it's bad part and it's unrealistic part... you'll get "blind" for some

time firing (as gunner, commander or driver) the main gun and overall with the NVGs due to

the "way" that BIS made the HDR, while the MG operators will be able of do continious fire

without get blind by the MG muzzle flash; but... i think that the bigger flash should win, so

i'll keep the 25/30mm muzzle flash because yeah, to don't make stealth ICV's. Let's C ya

Dito!

And MGuns still have got tracers.

Has anyone done a P85 Warfare?

Not that I know of, could be something we could do.

nevermind warfare, but what you think about my propsal of muzzle changes (told before), depending on users opinion i will change or not change model/weapons

or maybe doubling LAVs, Bradleys, BMP2, BMP3, SKOT, BTR60/70 will do the job ?

Could you also add a Commanding BMP to the current list?

eh...

i am not adding new east vehicles, east is overcounted in mod already, and i asked about muzzle flash on cannons or leaving machineguns issue, not about making new eastern vehicles idea, only new vehicle that is planned is Marder

comanding BMP has no cannon to fix

Edited by vilas

I agree with Wipman.

so as i thought, would be better to remove PKT, M240 from those vehicles and leave only one type of cannon, but at least , visible during fire (like Shilka has 1 weapon definition only)

shame that engine not allows to have multiple muzzle flash selections used by more than one weapon definition on turret

previously when i was addonmaking so much, without playing, i even not noticed this issue, but last time when i made night mission and i said to myself "hi, what fires?"

when there is no tracers, you cannot see that BMP2 fires, just 25/30mm bullets killing your vehicle, soldiers and you cannot see who is firing, heh, super-stealth technology ;)

eh...

comanding BMP has no cannon to fix

Overally, I've fully satisfied with your P85 vehicles on both sides.Most of them are really very nice. I just found a BMP commanding vehicle in ACE's Mod and would like to use it as a company commander's vehicle for Soviet mechanical Infantry in the game.But personally I dont like to play games under ACE for some reason.

I dont like to play games under ACE for

ACE is advanced gameplay changing mod, P85 is only addons pack that can be played in other gameplays mods and P85 not change gameplay at all,

ACE is about modern time, P85 is historical

if you looking for gameplay mod - i suggest CWR - for me best singleplayer AI is in CWR :)

if Arma AI was like CWR it would be good (suporting, keeping formation, less suicidal engagement, less colisions, convoys work good, not so god skilled, more "dumb and blind" AI than vanila "god-skilled" Arma - and it gives fun in SP missions)

commanding BMP is 1.14 addon in warfare from BIS as i know, if you have 1.14 you should have commanding BMP

Edited by vilas

if you looking for gameplay mod - i suggest CWR - for me best singleplayer AI is in CWR :)

if Arma AI was like CWR it would be good (suporting, keeping formation, less suicidal engagement, less colisions, convoys work good, not so god skilled, more "dumb and blind" AI than vanila "god-skilled" Arma - and it gives fun in SP missions

I want to say that we made no changes to the ArmA AI at all in CWR. They just seem to like the old islands more than Sahrani :)

There is no CWR AI, it's still the same as in vanilla ArmA. They have the same behaviour, I often had an enemy soldier standing around and starring at me or my squad doing everything but not what I had in mind.

I want to say that we made no changes to the ArmA AI at all in CWR. They just seem to like the old islands more than Sahrani :)

There is no CWR AI, it's still the same as in vanilla ArmA. They have the same behaviour, I often had an enemy soldier standing around and starring at me or my squad doing everything but not what I had in mind.

I've been wondering what people have been talking about. I've seen this mentioned a few times but couldn't figure out where they got the idea of "CWR AI". Thanks for clearing this up.