Sign in to follow this  
Jorge.PT

Will we have a ArmA2 demo?

I know that this thread will be probably be locked, but....

We are getting close to the release of ArmA2 and there is no info about it, in any of the previews, or official.

I'm really wondering if there will be a demo for ArmA2, can someone confirm this or deny it?

PS: I've used the search button and every thread about this subject is closed.

When there's news to announce about a demo we'll do so, I'm afraid threads asking about the demo at this stage are pointless

Also please search before posting, it's a rule for a very good reason.

I know Arma 2 is not even gold, but, is there a demo release plan?.

I highlighted your answer

There's no official info available and that's why we better close this.

There'll be an announcment when more is known

To be honest i really don't want a official demo.

I prefer that BIS uses the time to complete what is missing or what could be improved.

I highly doubt we will see a demo before the german release on 29th this month.... So better don't expect one before release.

It's quite possible there will be a demo, Flashpoint had a demo, ArmA1 had a demo. A specific demo build needs creating from the final game build, the final game build is being worked on, ergo it's not possible to create a demo yet. So as and when there's news to post about a demo it will be posted, unfortunately asking the question about a demo makes it no nearer to being answered :)

It's impossible to confirm or deny anything that's unknown:

Is there an ArmA2? Confirmed.

Will there definitely be a demo? Unconfirmed.

Will there definitely not be a demo? Unconfirmed.

You see? ;)

To be honest i really don't want a official demo.

I prefer that BIS uses the time to complete what is missing or what could be improved.

I understand that bravo, but in the other hand, I need to know how buggy ArmA2 is going to be before I buy it, and the demo would give me a idea on that.

If it's buggy, I'll wait for the price to drop and then will buy it (just like I did in ArmA).

EDIT:

You see?

I was hopping that there were some news that have escaped me...

Edited by Jorge.PT

well think of the ArmA2 version 1.0 as a beta.

It was always like that. OFP had improvements, ArmA1 as well, so its clear ArmA2 will also have more betas.. patches or what ever you wanna call.

So the best of ArmA2 will be somewhere in the future. ;)

I understand that bravo, but in the other hand, I need to know how buggy ArmA2 is going to be before I buy it, and the demo would give me a idea on that.

If it's buggy, I'll wait for the price to drop and then will buy it (just like I did in ArmA).

EDIT:

I was hopping that there was some news that have escaped me...

Alternative is the usual, wait what will happen here on the release day and take your conclusions from there.

Or not... as ArmA was pretty hyped the first days with lots of beautiful screens.

Well you can always read between the lines. ^^

You can make jokes about it, but many of the "BIS supporter" telling to the people complaining about the buggy ArmA 1 : "you stupid ****, wait until the demo, test it and then buy - YOUR fault, live with it".

Now, we want to do it better, but - there is no demo.

Kinda nasty, isn't it?

So BIS sales strategy is:

Out to the market, if sales figures dropping significant after the first week: release the demo; else grab the money and run away?

Edited by S!fkaIaC

You can make jokes about it, but many of the "BIS supporter" telling to the people complaining about the buggy ArmA 1 : "you stupid ****, wait until the demo, test it and then buy - YOUR fault, live with it".

Kinda nasty, isn't it?

Do you want a demo of an unfinished product? Wait until arma2 reach gold status and then you will have your demo

Kinda nasty, isn't it?

Out to the market, if sales figures dropping significant release the demo, else grab the money and run away?

Who said there won't be any demo? oO

Do you want a demo of an unfinished product? Wait until arma2 reach gold status and then you will have your demo

Gold Status means nothing for playability and quality. NOTHING. I was eyewitness. And I did not said that I want a demo of an unfinished product. What I mean: If BIS is convinced their product works they can also release a demo at the same time.

With 14 business days left to release, they should be putting the DVD's in the boxes...

+1..

It seems like there will be little time between the game being cleaned up, going gold, and hitting the shelves. Much rather have a demo for the fence sitters after release, when it's representative of the delivered code.. (Germany, prepare to get some of my hard earned cash this month!)

The Arma1 demo didn't come until sometime after release, in fact it was even after 1.08 if I remember correctly. There really should be a demo out near initial release in my opinion so that people can get a feel of the game.

ARMA1 demo couldnt have been after 108 as the latest demo is 106... and there are even earlier demos I think 102 etc...

I hope a demo comes out before release... but I will be buying the game buggy or not.. it cant be worse than ARAM1 which I think is great... as was opflash1.

If you buy it on release date you will support the devs and get more patches out... its all about $$$.

Yapa

Make the game to the best of our ability.

Release a demo as soon as we possibly can, if we possibly can.

Release patches if needed as soon as we possibly can.

The end.