Sign in to follow this  
Chaos

Looking for Chernarus

LOL yeah, the world's a disc :D

There's no such thing as South Zagoria

Az_D3FgZu2A

0:39-0:40

Those guys don't agree with you. ;)

Hahaha, I bet you watched these videos over 200 times each you know it all in your memory.

Well, i really hope you don't hear a radio message telling you to turn around and if you don't you eventually die like in soooo many arcadish games :|

Invisible wall would be better I guess eventhough I don't like this too much either (especially with planes)

Minefields? Military Police? Wild boars eating up soldiers?

They must be delicious.

Border patrol I think.

Remember. According to the trailer, they get dropped in by a helicopter.

From http://www.arma2.com/citizens_en.html

So clearly bigfoot guards the northern border.

*scratches fingers across a chalkboard*

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bigfoot for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad mammal. Not like going down the woods chasin' boars and tippin' cows. This sasquatch, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your guerillas, put all your bombing attacks against your "oppressors" back in motion. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be under the foot of the military the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no hunting pals, there's just too many shooters on Chernarus. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the 'foot', the whole damn thing.

I swear to god he must be in the game. Since BIS has a great sense of humor, and they mention it on their website... I'm sure it's in.

I still think it's border patrol though...

Border patrol and SAM sites could do the trick... BigFoot could even more. No talking about the White Rabbit (since thee possess no thy Holy Grenade...).

But usually there are rangers on the borders. In this case one could be enough. Walker Chernarus Ranger aka Chuck da Norris :D Don't even think about only an attempt to come close to the border...don't even think about it! Because He knows!

in Lock On game you can fly after the map ( it has Krym peninsula of Ukraine, a bit of Russia and Georgia ). All it has after it's edge is just flat terrain ( without grass, trees etc ). Just terrain ... and I really hate it. I liked the idea OFP-ArmA so to create an island to fight on.

Also, you can see usa carrier on screenshots. Has any1 wondered how carrier get into closed Caspian See? At least on the pictures and video Chernarus has sea coast of Caspian sea.

Oh, that's indeed weird.

In the russian preview video you can actually see the menu screen with a ship on the background. :O

Seems like mOdErN_wArFaRe_SnIpEr will prevent you from crossing the borders :D :D :D

Seems like mOdErN_wArFaRe_SnIpEr will prevent you from crossing the borders :D :D :D

Exactly, he will shove his boot in your mouth and break all your fucking teeth, then proceed to urinate on you.

EDIT: We need a 'mOdErN_wArFaRe_SnIpEr' minigame in the armory.

Edited by NeMeSiS

No, he'll just snipe you in modern warfare style. ;)

Also, you can see usa carrier on screenshots. Has any1 wondered how carrier get into closed Caspian See? At least on the pictures and video Chernarus has sea coast of Caspian sea.

Yeah I was wondering too. That doesn't make sense at all. Maybe it was intended not to be the Caspian See but the Black Sea. But then the map wouldn't fit anymore. :( I know it's only a minor information of a fictional country but it would be nice to have some statement from BIS.

The Czech landscape was used for ingame landscape afaik. The surrounding sea is fictional.

In the trailer they conveniently blur/pixelate everything when zooming over the region between Caspian and Black Sea (Caucasia). Being a fictional country, they don't want you to spot it exactly...

Given the orientation of the country, it definitely seems more Caspian side, though some bits of Ukrain in the sea of Azov could do the trick aswell, orientation-wise...

The aircraft carrier would obviously make more sense on the black sea, but they would need to "flip" the map east-west (not going to happen off course) to make it work that way.

Suspension of disbelief is the key...

I doubt that it takes place in the Caspian, the vegetation does not look correct for that area. The Caspian should be a dry area. The Caucasus region would be better suited to all the grass and somewhat mountainous terrain.

just to show the map of Chernarus from the official press kit:

chernarus.th.jpg

Well, I think it is not so important if the carrier really has a chance to get there, Chernarus is fictional and why not the Green Sea (so mentioned in the map) should be too?

So as we have undefined borders of the map we also have a mysterious Green Sea... :)